Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Fat Jesus posted:

bet Kraft is on the list

Woody Johnson’s wife is tied to Epstein already, so going to be fun to watch such a free thinker tie himself in knots over the Epstein association along with the J&J association.

Just kidding, he’s going to go hide in a cave and pretend his Achilles works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
My team was almost robbed a win because of a different ref gently caress up.

Like I know the news going around is that those zebras ain't going to be doing poo poo in the playoffs but if they've got a track record of fuckups send em down to peewee and let some 6 year old's mom replace em on staff. Could it get any worse?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

gently caress Tepper

Still only second most egregious public act by an org last weekend

"Legendary" abusive piece of poo poo, get hosed whichever higher-ups pushed for that bullshit

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I stand by my claims that while everyone remembers the fail Mary by the replacement refs, the exact same play could have easily happened with the regular refs and this Cowboys/Lions game is a pretty great example of that being the case.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
If you had 20 billion dollars getting fined 300k is the equivalent of someone with $100,000 getting fined $1.50. Oh no, now I cannot afford a Chulupa.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Mr. Nice! posted:

After cook clears waivers I could see the cowboys looking at him since their backup running back is injured and their third string running back is three inches shorter than Bryce Young.

Nah, they'll go with Trey Lance.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shinjobi posted:

My team was almost robbed a win because of a different ref gently caress up.

Yeah, good point, in all of this hullabaloo, we've forgotten the real victims here: The Dallas Cowboys.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

One time agains the Lions, the refs missed a clear delay of game against Lamar Jackson, and then Justin Tucker kicked a record-setting field goal to win the game. It ruled!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Billionaires still would care about a $300k fine because they didn't they wouldn't be billionaires.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MJeff posted:

Yeah, good point, in all of this hullabaloo, we've forgotten the real victims here: The Dallas Cowboys.

Had that bullshit tripping call decided the game like it almost did, there would be zero sympathy because "lolcowboys." So frankly, I don't give a poo poo. I hate the refs, always have and I always will, across all sports, and that's a far better way to live than only giving a poo poo when they rob your team of their ref-dependent misdirected receiver trick play.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

elime anning posted:

This is a beautiful, and I believe true, post. thank you kalen

:shobon:

While finding those drive stats I noticed some wild stats:

- Dallas has scored offensive points on 49.7% of drives this year; since it doesn't mention any exclusions, I assume that includes end-of-half/game kneeldowns, so they're putting up points on more than half of their "true" drives.

- San Fran, Philly, Baltimore, and Miami all cluster around the 45% value; I wonder how much of Dallas' sizable lead is due to Brandon Aubrey having a stellar year;

- The Jets, Giants, and Pats are all in the 20-25% range. The punters deserve additional compensation imo.

Pointless Trivia Question Time:

Every team has had at least 161 drives this season, and all teams average between 10 and 13 offensive drives per game.

Which teams end a drive with a turnover most/least frequently?

pre:
Tm.   T.O.%
---   -----
???   18.5%
???   16.3%
???   14.9%
???   14.9%
???    8.5%
???    7.8%
???    7.1%

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
My apologies, I don't give a poo poo about MLS refs if only because my disdain for FC Dallas's ownership burns brighter than ref hatred in only that sport.

I am not perfect.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shinjobi posted:

Had that bullshit tripping call decided the game like it almost did, there would be zero sympathy because "lolcowboys." So frankly, I don't give a poo poo. I hate the refs, always have and I always will, across all sports, and that's a far better way to live than only giving a poo poo when they rob your team of their ref-dependent misdirected receiver trick play.

If you didn't give a poo poo, you wouldn't be going "B-B-B-B-BUT THE TRIPPING! GUYS, THE TRIPPING! REMEMBER THE TRIPPING?" in the first place. Be as insecure as you want about a ref-assisted victory, just have the common decency to be honest about it.

AndrewP posted:

One time agains the Lions, the refs missed a clear delay of game against Lamar Jackson, and then Justin Tucker kicked a record-setting field goal to win the game. It ruled!

Like this!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I don't see why anyone cares so much. Only one of them is going to lose to the 49ers in the NFCCG, so what does it matter?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

Found it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9vRQXh-KcM

Not gonna watch it, but I scrubbed through to confirm he was making fun of him over Covid stuff.

It's because of this:

https://twitter.com/MythinformedMKE/status/1631418882693971971

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

Just own it. When the Bills beat the Giants this year with a very blatant uncalled DPI Bills fans here just kind of said, "yep, got away with one!" and everyone moved on.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Jimmy Kimmell would definitely have gone to the island were he invited. He wasn't skeevy enough to get an invite, though. Only guys like Adam Carolla got those.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MJeff posted:

If you didn't give a poo poo, you wouldn't be going "B-B-B-B-BUT THE TRIPPING! GUYS, THE TRIPPING! REMEMBER THE TRIPPING?" in the first place. Be as insecure as you want about a ref-assisted victory, just have the common decency to be honest about it.

I'm bringing it up because Lions fans have not shut the gently caress up about it for days and I'm extremely tired of hearing about it. It wouldn't have even made a difference had the Eagles not poo poo their pants in hilarious fashion.

Refs bad, I'm truly sorry they cosmicly find ways to poo poo specifically on the Lions when they play in Dallas.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Methinks Kimmel does protest too much

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

I'm bringing it up because Lions fans have not shut the gently caress up about it for days and I'm extremely tired of hearing about it. It wouldn't have even made a difference had the Eagles not poo poo their pants in hilarious fashion.

Refs bad, I'm truly sorry they cosmicly find ways to poo poo specifically on the Lions when they play in Dallas.

This is like the 15th time that the Lions have been hosed by refs, and the 10th time it’s been by the same dude

Please stop posting dumb poo poo in the lamest trolling attempt I’ve seen on sports forums.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Shinjobi posted:

lmao it just happened last weekend dude and is absolutely going to effect the playoffs, no poo poo they're talking about it. stop being a giant baby about your free win in spite of mccarthy trying his hardest to give the game away

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1742360150667653285

I hate everyone involved in this.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Scarabrae posted:

Methinks Kimmel does protest too much

Never been a fan of him. I don't see how he can sling poo poo on anyone after The Man Show.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

This is like the 15th time that the Lions have been hosed by refs, and the 10th time it’s been by the same dude

Please stop posting dumb poo poo in the lamest trolling attempt I’ve seen on sports forums.

"Your complaints about refs are invalid because cowboys" is never going to work, sorry

Wanna keep talking about it? Drag it out another week?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

ugh

ive enjoyed watching him play but im ready for him to retire and gently caress off now

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Worlds least surprising information - Kelce has been a media whore for a long time and this relationships a publicity thing.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Android Apocalypse posted:

Billionaires still would care about a $300k fine because they didn't they wouldn't be billionaires.

He's probably more pissed at the IDEA someone coukd fine him.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

"Your complaints about refs are invalid because cowboys" is never going to work, sorry

Wanna keep talking about it? Drag it out another week?

We absolutely can if you’d like. You’re the only one whinging about it :)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The media clout chasing is just so loving gross. Especially from a guy who would be famous from being a hall of fame TE anyway.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I’m glad he’s become washed right as the the media spectacle kicked into its peak with the Taylor Swift IP crossover

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Kelce has charisma for a football player but little to none as an entertainer. His commercials are painful.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Relentlessboredomm posted:

ive enjoyed watching him play but im ready for him to retire and gently caress off now

bad news retirement will just mean you see him more

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Hughmoris posted:

Kelce has charisma for a football player but little to none as an entertainer. His commercials are painful.

Yet he still keeps getting them lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shinjobi posted:

Blame the NFL for releasing a terrible, incomprehensible video about it instead of letting it go.

And by the way, "It wouldn't have even made a difference, unless this thing that happened had not happened." is both very stupid and very wrong.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

my dream for next year is posters stop downplaying poo poo ref calls or trying to defend them. they're garbage and getting worse bc they can't even handle the basic process poo poo any more, all while the NFL takes more and more gambling money. its a bad situation that's gonna blow up horrifically if it keeps going this way, no reason any of us should equivocate about it

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

my dream for next year is posters stop downplaying poo poo ref calls or trying to defend them. they're garbage and getting worse bc they can't even handle the basic process poo poo any more, all while the NFL takes more and more gambling money. its a bad situation that's gonna blow up horrifically if it keeps going this way

How soon until a ref gets caught up in a gambling/game fixing scandal?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

my dream for next year is posters stop downplaying poo poo ref calls or trying to defend them. they're garbage and getting worse bc they can't even handle the basic process poo poo any more, all while the NFL takes more and more gambling money. its a bad situation that's gonna blow up horrifically if it keeps going this way, no reason any of us should equivocate about it

My brother in Christ. They already had a horrible call literally decide a conference title game 5 years ago and it's only gotten worse since then. It's already "blown up" and nothing happened.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Flikken posted:

That would require them to be competent enough to fix anything

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Flikken posted:

How long until it happens, or how long until it's caught?

Cause, uh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oCYrPNnoLE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The reffing isn’t going to change unless they catch them in a huge cheating scandal and I mean like league wide.

Whether people defend or hate them online doesn’t really effect that