Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MJeff posted:

MJF has been signed for a year and a half, don't get lost in the sauce.

Yeah I know we all want MJF to be sent to Stamford but we aren't that lucky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Send that jabroni MJF to promo school in Florida Shawn Michaels and CM Punk

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Yeah I know we all want MJF to be sent to Stamford but we aren't that lucky

At this point, I would rather he just figure his poo poo out and go back to being a good wrestler.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

radio silence on mjf for six months is all we ask. rest up and watch some tape. no, not those wwf tapes. watch some continental.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
trying to think of anyone in aew who wouldn't benefit from going away for at least the next six months and coming up empty. ship them away tony, you'll be better off for it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Willow getting some big wins adds some fuel to the Mercedes rumors cause Willow/Mercedes is a pretty easy to book first feud

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

did your weekly telegraph just arrive

lmao this just made me imagine someone who's really plugged in to the dirtsheets but it's literally only the weekly paper WON.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

C. Everett Koop posted:

trying to think of anyone in aew who wouldn't benefit from going away for at least the next six months and coming up empty. ship them away tony, you'll be better off for it

theres nothing tony loves more than not using someone for six months.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Sticky Nate posted:

radio silence on mjf for six months is all we ask. rest up and watch some tape. no, not those wwf tapes. watch some continental.

Make him watch nothing but '80s AJPW, & then he comes back and tries to be Stan Hansen

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Make him watch nothing but '80s AJPW, & then he comes back and tries to be Stan Hansen

i would be so happy if mjf came back with this exact build

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

post hole digger posted:

i would be so happy if mjf came back with this exact build

How long does it take to recover from that surgery where they break your legs to make you taller?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

maxwell jackhanma friedman

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MJeff posted:

At this point, I would rather he just figure his poo poo out and go back to being a good wrestler.

That would be nice, he's about to feud with The Kingdom instead

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

That would be nice, he's about to feud with The Kingdom instead

Khan needs to get him the gently caress away from Adam Cole, that guy is clearly an incredibly bad influence.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MJeff posted:

Khan needs to get him the gently caress away from Adam Cole, that guy is clearly an incredibly bad influence.

Add em Cole to the list of NXT dudes who need to be sent back!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sadly, Cole seems to be more in the "genuinely invested in AEW" camp than the "doesn't wanna do jobs, just pouting in between WWE runs" camp.

This is just a theory, but I think "came in off an expired contract" vs. "came in after being released" is a big determining factor, there. Obviously there's exceptions, Joe and Swerve are in the latter camp.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

Sadly, Cole seems to be more in the "genuinely invested in AEW" camp than the "doesn't wanna do jobs, just pouting in between WWE runs" camp.

This is just a theory, but I think "came in off an expired contract" vs. "came in after being released" is a big determining factor, there. Obviously there's exceptions, Joe and Swerve are in the latter camp.

Joe actually seems to appreciate the value that a #2 promotion brings to the wrestlers and Swerve just thinks Paul is a racist.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I thought Keith Lee would be in that camp too given his history on the Indies but whelp...

So question for here than...if Drew McIntyre does become a free agent do you think AEW should sign him? I think he want to work and probably wants to show WWE it fumbled the ball with him. But also it could be another ex-WWE guy being a problem

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I know Cole is good and seems invested, but at what cost Jeff? At what cost?!

Put him on the bus with Miro

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I thought Keith Lee would be in that camp too given his history on the Indies but whelp...

So question for here than...if Drew McIntyre does become a free agent do you think AEW should sign him? I think he want to work and probably wants to show WWE it fumbled the ball with him. But also it could be another ex-WWE guy being a problem

Sign him for a match with Darby and see how he feels after that.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Dango Bango posted:

lmao this just made me imagine someone who's really plugged in to the dirtsheets but it's literally only the weekly paper WON.

Unfortunately, the print version of the WON was discontinued last month.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Sure, the Claymore Kick owns and I'm always down to see someone get kicked in the head.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

Joe actually seems to appreciate the value that a #2 promotion brings to the wrestlers and Swerve just thinks Paul is a racist.

Smart guys!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I really dunno. I think Drew wants a top guy push and I can't say he doesn't deserve it, he's really loving good, but I dunno if there's room at the top of AEW's card.

He did go to TNA, but that was with the goal of getting back to WWE. I really, really like Drew, I think he's the full package, but I really don't want a guy who's just coming to AEW just to prove to WWE that they should push him. I want guys who want to make AEW better. That's why I was always happy with Copeland. He didn't need to prove anything to WWE, he came to AEW cause he wanted to come to AEW.

I know Cole is good and seems invested, but at what cost Jeff? At what cost?!

Put him on the bus with Miro

Yeah that's what I'm saying. The guy can be a really good worker and really charismatic but he also seems to have some really terrible ideas, so it kinda sucks that he's probably in for the long haul. I think Khan said he was signed until like 2027.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

I just remembered they fired Joe twice

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I actually wonder if you would find any patterns if you did a rundown of all of the ex-WWE guys in AEW by "requested their release" vs. "released without request" vs. "contract expired" and see if it matches their general attitude in AEW.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I like McIntyre but yeah I dunno I think he'd jump ship back as soon as he saw an opening up the card.

If I'm wrong it wouldn't be the first time, but I'm good in not finding out.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

McIntyre loving owns and proved young me (who hated him) wrong but as cool as the idea of him in AEW is I'm with the rest who would only want to see him if he comes in with the mindset of Copeland, Christian, Danielson, etc. He would also be an absolute monster there, dude is huge. Too many what-ifs for me to want him signed if the opportunity comes up but it would be neat to at least get one Drew Galloway match.

Sheamus is in a similar boat for me, I love the dude very much and there's a certain tantalizing nature to some of these WWE-lifers being forced to try something new for the good of the company Copeland or Jericho-style, but as we've seen sometimes it's just not a good fit when they just...don't actually adapt very well to the vibe.

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
I'd bring Drew in for sure. Would enable you to do the battle of Britain match with Will and fill a stadium in the UK.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

McIntyre loving owns and proved young me (who hated him) wrong but as cool as the idea of him in AEW is I'm with the rest who would only want to see him if he comes in with the mindset of Copeland, Christian, Danielson, etc. He would also be an absolute monster there, dude is huge. Too many what-ifs for me to want him signed if the opportunity comes up but it would be neat to at least get one Drew Galloway match.

Sheamus is in a similar boat for me, I love the dude very much and there's a certain tantalizing nature to some of these WWE-lifers being forced to try something new for the good of the company Copeland or Jericho-style, but as we've seen sometimes it's just not a good fit when they just...don't actually adapt very well to the vibe.

I am also okay with Sheamus showing up but he has to bring his Too Many Limes entrance music.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The only reason for Sheamus to switch is to reform The Los Caronies

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
There's a space open for Gamer Wrestler now that Cole is the devil and Miro is Wife guy. Sheamus can be Second Life Sheamus.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Did Keith Lee really refuse to job or are goons making things up again

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

fart blood posted:

it's one of those "this happened, then this happened, assumption from timeline of events" kinda things. So making things up probably, I won't deny. Given that this seems to be the track that Swerve has taken with it on TV, I am probably wrong.

I'd have rather Lee had just not tweeted anything before the show, personally, but then I was also worked by Wardlow.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

fart blood posted:

He's probably hurt but also makes vague pissy posts about not being used correctly/enough/whatever. So goons making poo poo up but also way too much smoke to not be some kind of fire.

Or TK is a master booker and realized inventing a reason for Swerve to be "shoot" mad was better than any match Keith could have delivered. But I doubt it.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jan 3, 2024

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

goons never say lies

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Someone on Twitter said something like "oh his long term injury he's been dealing with must be why he isn't used that much" and Keith Lee responded "incorrect" and then during the scrum Tony said the reason Keith Lee hasn't been used too much is because he's been dealing with a long term injury.

So one of them is lying and it's probably not Tony, so that tweet comes off as Lee bitching about how he's being used

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

It seems like it would be pretty difficult to hide such a serious injury for over a year. If Keith Lee somehow managed it then congratulations on hiding an injury well enough to gently caress up the plans for a PPV match with one of AEW's current hottest stars on the day of the PPV, I guess. It sucks that Keith Lee never achieved his full potential in AEW but at this point if he's been wrestling injured for a year and making things worse it's his own fault and it's time to move on.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Keith Lee was someone I was really really looking forward to seeing in AEW with no proper context but he never clicked for me. I feel cheated

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Long Covid sucks and I can see it being double bad for someone Keith's size so I can buy he's been battling stuff and may have been hurt elsewhere but the tweets are so dumb it's hard to give him the benefit of the doubt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Long Covid sucks and I can see it being double bad for someone Keith's size so I can buy he's been battling stuff and may have been hurt elsewhere but the tweets are so dumb it's hard to give him the benefit of the doubt

His manner of speaking is exceedingly tedious