Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Also Supernatural.

Plus just the other day we watched Ryac blow up Anubis' gate killing machine, after Tealc and Bratac got captured by Chief Tyrol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I had X-Files on in the background and I heard a voice....

Could that be?

It's General Hammond!

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

redshirt posted:

I had X-Files on in the background and I heard a voice....

Could that be?

It's General Hammond!

I had Twin Peaks on in the background and I heard a voice....

Could that be?

It's Major Hammond!

(seriously, 1990)

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

I can't remember what i last wanted to post here because i was v high at the time, so, rip

redshirt posted:

I had X-Files on in the background last night, and heard a voice, I perked right up.

"Is that???"

Got up to go look, and yep, Col. Maybourne on the X-Files.

Just that morning I think I saw his first SG1 episode, which is also the episode we meet those dick Tollans.
And also Nareem, who's nice.

I felt bad for that Minoan leader king guy when the head Tollan's just like "You're even more primitive than they are!"

Yeah jack black and a bunch of actors were in it. the dad from everyone loves raymond.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

I had Twin Peaks on in the background and I heard a voice....

Could that be?

It's Major Hammond!

(seriously, 1990)

So it doesn't ruin the continuity of either to assume that Hammond is in Twin Peaks, iirc some folks worked it out

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

alexandriao posted:

So it doesn't ruin the continuity of either to assume that Hammond is in Twin Peaks, iirc some folks worked it out

Hammond went to the Black Lodge and came back, for America.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Hammond’s the father of both Bobby Briggs and Dana Scully. Unclear which is the parent of his beloved grandchildren.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Urdnot Fire posted:

Hammond’s the father of both Bobby Briggs and Dana Scully. Unclear which is the parent of his beloved grandchildren.

Log Lady perhaps

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
i was thinking about the replicator vs gouald vs earth episodes. there was a call back i missed in the moment and i wasnt sure if it was so i went back to it.

jack goes to rescue silar and some others in the gate room after giving the evac order and having hammond prepare to drop a nuke down the silo. He tells silar that he owes him one and he wants to be in silars will. silar replies you already are sir.

This is a call back to when he was explaining burns is a gouald to sg1 in his house and none of them agree'd with him so he said well i was going to leave one of you my simpsons dvd collection but now its going to silar he gets it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Nice. Who doesn't love Siler!

I think I caught the first Simpsons reference in the show yesterday. Last episode of S1, on a Goa'uld ship, Teal'c explains that the big round thing is a communication device. And Jack replies, "Mmmm, Goa'uld TV" in a small Homer impression.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Was it Walter that was RDA's stunt double, or Siler. Either way I love that he kept being the stunt double but also had a role for when a stunt double wasn't needed.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

That was Siler, and he was also the stunt coordinator for the show (and for Psych as well). That’s why he always got injured.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

He was also RDA's stand-in in MacGyver iirc

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
Someone's SG-1 collection:

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

ChairmanMauzer posted:

It's nice to see the probe is too big for the ramp and, once again, useless for anything and everything

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

PittTheElder posted:

Also Supernatural.

Plus just the other day we watched Ryac blow up Anubis' gate killing machine, after Tealc and Bratac got captured by Chief Tyrol.

And once upon a time

With Atlantis it's quite nice that if you look up a guest actor they're in LOADS of stuff afterwards. It was interesting seeing the original marta from Arrested Development in a series 1 episode for example

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

It's nice to see the probe is too big for the ramp and, once again, useless for anything and everything

You're not bad talking my boy MALP are you??

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

ChairmanMauzer posted:

:aaa:

can i come over and play

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

redshirt posted:

Carter V The Mongols

This is one of the better episodes of every series it’s in, in all incarnations

That would be a great Blu-ray set

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Worf posted:

This is one of the better episodes of every series it’s in, in all incarnations

That would be a great Blu-ray set

I watched it recently, it's not that bad at all. It's got multiple fake antagonists till you meet the real one (SEXISM! - no wait, it's that big Warlord, that guy from the other shows and movies). Like at first the kid is a threat, and the dogs, then some dudes on horseback, then his Father. But turns out they're cool, except the boy has "the Sickness" and abducts Carter in order to trade her for the daughter of the big Warlord. Except he's already arranged to marry her off to some sub-warlord, and won't accept the trade....

And then SG-1 rolls into town.....

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Shortly after the episode of Universe where French Stewart showed up,

Yo, you absolutely do not do a kidney surgery cutting into the abdomen with the subject lying on their back!!!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

you do in space

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

FFT posted:

Shortly after the episode of Universe where French Stewart showed up,

Yo, you absolutely do not do a kidney surgery cutting into the abdomen with the subject lying on their back!!!

French Stewart....in SGU?!

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
I'm doing a re-watch and when you don't have a week long gap between episodes it feels like Corin Nemec's character goes from "I can't wait to meet our new friend" to "Poochy died on his home planet" really fast.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

The whole "Jonas is a mary-sue-esque Superman" vibe really hits home when you're watching them without that time in between too.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

PittTheElder posted:

The whole "Jonas is a mary-sue-esque Superman" vibe really hits home when you're watching them without that time in between too.

i actually liked jonas and was annoyed daniel coming back got rid of him.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

It’s very odd how they don’t mention him even once after his last episode.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Urdnot Fire posted:

It’s very odd how they don’t mention him even once after his last episode.

Is there a time travel episode near his departure? Maybe they took him out of the timeline accidentally.

I mean ge was very clearly drop in we already wrote a bunch of eps that have Daniel in them we need someone to full the role. It's why I hated him on first watch, he was just bland Daniel.

010724_4
Jan 7, 2024
total SG1 viewers not homeless or mass incarcerated right now: Null

010724_4
Jan 7, 2024
what's the going rate on a post? on a thread?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I enjoyed the Jonas fast track, and how he tried to relate to Teal'c with Teal'c interpreting it as he did.

It was also kinda hosed up how as soon as Michael Shanks got back in Jonas disappeared.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

FFT posted:

It was also kinda hosed up how as soon as Michael Shanks got back in Jonas disappeared.

yeah agreed really felt like he could of stuck around, but as apparently the actor was apparently being crap to the rest of the cast, they did make the right call.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

If he was pulling a George Lazenby as James Bond thing I totally understand.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

FFT posted:

If he was pulling a George Lazenby as James Bond thing I totally understand.

Hmm I thought I remembered reading here that he was very push about his religion to other cast members, but I just googled and couldn't find anything, so maybe I'm just thinking of someone else. :shrug:

If so sorry about talking poo poo about you random dude who played Jonas!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Yeah seems more like Jonas was redundant once Daniel returned, plus maybe the actor didn't like the direction (either where SG-1 was going or literally the director(s))

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Corin Nemec is a scientistologist, which is such a funny group to be in when you’re in the ancient aliens action sci-fi tv show.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

dr_rat posted:

Hmm I thought I remembered reading here that he was very push about his religion to other cast members, but I just googled and couldn't find anything, so maybe I'm just thinking of someone else. :shrug:

If so sorry about talking poo poo about you random dude who played Jonas!

I've never looked it up, cuz I don't care, but that's what I heard too. A Scientogist trying to convert folks. But maybe it's internet rumors.

Now, let's talk about Jonas's hot Goa'uld girlfriend.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

redshirt posted:

I've never looked it up, cuz I don't care, but that's what I heard too. A Scientogist trying to convert folks. But maybe it's internet rumors.

I heard he was dating an unas and their couple name was junas

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

redshirt posted:

Hi boyband hair in that episode was ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MakaVillian posted:

Hi boyband hair in that episode was ridiculous

They had the same haircut, so cute!