Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think like 50% of Israelis are majors in the IDF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

which young adult dystopian movie is this from?

euphronius posted:

double-majoring in IDF/apartheid with a minor in ethnic cleansing, going to do their post-grad on genocide

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Owlbear Camus posted:

its from, reality

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ngl, this is Ukraine-style cope-posting

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Owlbear Camus posted:

I think this is from the 2020 protests in Seattle, where our mayor fully supported the police and what happened that caused the protests in the first place. It was hilarious while at the same time Trump called us an anarchy city.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

euphronius posted:

Yeah, I was thinking aren't most of those 20 year olds at least majors? Isn't that like the equivalent of being a private first class at his age?

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

I said come in! posted:

They likely thought about it but then realized Seattle residents would just cheer them on.

I mean... its redmond...

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

A Bag of Milk posted:

I mean... its redmond...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIAhzZysz5Y

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Request Shem’s officer status

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

moths posted:

Someone in Israel is having a very serious conversation about leveling a Seattle suburb right now.

WTF I'm a zionist now.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
More fear to the fire

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1742621207617298483

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

This just reminded me that a lot of people will only support a rebellion against an oppressive regime if it’s done by fictional white people.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Equeen posted:

This just reminded me that a lot of people will only support a rebellion against an oppressive regime if it’s done by fictional white people.

or if the rebellion fails

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

French satellites have confirmed hezbolah is moving heavy equipment to "Firebase Cuck"

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Coolness Averted posted:

Yeah, I was thinking aren't most of those 20 year olds at least majors? Isn't that like the equivalent of being a private first class at his age?

Major is the highest officer rank in the IDF that's given based on time served. To go higher than that, you need to be chosen and approved by the top brass. If you become an officer during the first few years of your service, and many do, you can reach Major by your late 20s.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

gradenko_2000 posted:

From the Duwamish River to the Salish Sea

West Seattle will be free

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Atrocious Joe posted:

Israelis also use the prickly pear as a national symbol sometimes, they call it sabra. getting pissed at them is how I became a cactus pedant.

Old post but I have been thinking a lot about this while I have been spending the holidays with family in Mexico

In the Sierra Madre, seeing a prickly pear is nothing less than a relief. The land can be thoroughly indifferent to human life, so seeing the bright red of a tuna can feel like a peace offering. It is the friendliest plant around, in its context. There's spines, sure, but those are a non-issue if you know how to handle the plant even a little bit. It's not hard to peel the fruit one-handed, using just a sharp knife and a flat rock. My grandpa used to do that. The flesh is refreshing on a hot day and the sweetness warms you on cold one. The only way you could possibly see it as unfriendly or a symbol of self-defense or whatever, is if you are unfamiliar with land and context and go poking poo poo you don't understand. So, the "making the desert bloom" mindset yet again.

It's like Zionists set out to find the Toughest and Meanest Fruit, and as usual they hosed it up.

Ramie has issued a correction as of 21:07 on Jan 3, 2024

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Equeen posted:

Going to the movies and the whole audience bought boot-flavored lollipops at the concession stand.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Ramie posted:

Old post but I have been thinking a lot about this while I have been spending the holidays with family in Mexico

In the Sierra Madre, seeing a prickly pear is nothing less than a relief. The land can be thoroughly indifferent to human life, so seeing the bright red of a tuna can feel like a peace offering. It is the friendliest plant around, in its context. There's spines, sure, but those are a non-issue if you know how to handle the plant even a little bit. It's not hard to peel the fruit one-handed, using just a sharp knife and a flat rock. My grandpa used to do that. The flesh is refreshing on a hot day and the sweetness warms you on cold one. The only way you could possibly see it as unfriendly or a symbol of self-defense or whatever, is if you are unfamiliar with land and context and go poking poo poo you don't understand. So, the "making the desert bloom" mindset yet again.

It's like Zionists set out to find the Toughest and Meanest Fruit, and as usual they hosed it up.

prickly pears arent native israel tho

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
That's why it represents them

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Owlbear Camus posted:

from the slow lane to the curb
palestine will be undisturbed

new thread title

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/status/1742340042389934452?s=20

One of the weirdest stories of the war so far. A 15 year old stole a car and did a hit-and-run on the one guy in Seattle who was also a 40 year old major in the IAF.

Oh word an IDF guy is an American?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Regarding the ICC, the Hague Invasion Act doesn't apply to the imprisonment of all American citizens but only to military and government personnel from America and a number of its allies, including Israel. If they somehow get a conviction it is going to be hilarious watching Biden's response.

Death By The Blues posted:

This is a conversation I had with my parents and seeing with Iranians in both a public and private sphere their abject hatred of certain Iranian diaspora members of Islam and in particular gulf Arabs is wild, they desperately want to be seen as white. Like its insane how much Iranians hate the Saudis, I just learned recently that there is a group in both Iran and outside who don't even say Salam because its an Arabic/Islamic form of greeting.

https://twitter.com/Seamus_Malek/status/1741094631624851605

Who are these people generally, ultralibs?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

I said come in! posted:

Can confirm, Seattle likes to pretend its a progressive paradise city, but actually most people here are racist and love cops.

this is basically the entire pacific northwest

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Al! posted:

this is basically the entire pacific northwest

there's trees too

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

FirstnameLastname posted:

there's trees too

yep. they're chuds

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Al! posted:

this is basically the entire pacific northwest American populace.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I said come in! posted:

I think this is from the 2020 protests in Seattle, where our mayor fully supported the police and what happened that caused the protests in the first place. It was hilarious while at the same time Trump called us an anarchy city.

remember when trump said that chaz was like afghanistan

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

zetamind2000 posted:

remember when trump said that chaz was like afghanistan

no I somehow missed that actually lmao.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I said come in! posted:

no I somehow missed that actually lmao.

they were also probably on the list of protests that he wanted to airstrike

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

trump was mad at mayor torturecop for not using enough force on protesters

which is very different from biden, who loves mayor torturecop and thinks her use of force on protesters was tops

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Don't really care to look into it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the guy who got run over in Seattle is the first Israeli air force fatality.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/FuknSlammer/status/1742268872483344519

YEMEN YEMEN MAKE US PROUD
TURN ANOTHER SHIP AROUND

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Thank you Yemen

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Burgers are already $20, any higher and the US is finished

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

i vaguely remember someone saying that the trip around the cape doesn't actually differ in cost all that much, when you weigh the added fuel costs against the price of going through the suez canal. the main difference is the ten extra days it takes.

the thing that'll drive up the cost of burgers is the inevitable speculation it'll lead to, same as with the evergreen, same as with the ukraine war, as with the inflation of the past years. it wouldn't have happened if it weren't for ansar allah, but if the burgerfeeders want to blame anyone, they should look at their own companies and their own economic system.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I'm already down 11 pounds since Houthis cut off my burger supply.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
That poo poo was priced in after day 2, the real cost is how much profit inflation the companies are gonna tack on top of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
shipping delays are a great way to inflict pain in a nation that has moved everything to 'just in time' production methods. Amazon jit strategy has spread throughout manufacturing and continuous improvement, the idea of having stock at a factory that isn't made and then immediately shipped is completely anathema, if Yemen keeps eilat empty (inshallah) we will see a lot of talking heads foaming at the mouth to start a dumb fight