Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
I know it's day 2 but this meta is annoying the poo poo out of me already between Loki, Ms Marvel, and HE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Anyone have an updated HE list with Celiera ( Whatever I have no idea who she is and her name has too many vowels ).

This one has been making the rounds.
https://snap.untapped.gg/en/decks/C...-Sunspot_Caiera

quote:

eyJOYW1lIjoiQ2FpZXJhIiwiQ2FyZHMiOlt7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhaWVyYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGlnaEV2b2x1dGlvbmFyeSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSHVsayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWFnaWsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1pc3R5S25pZ2h0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNb29uR2lybCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmVidWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJRdWluamV0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGVIdWxrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaG9ja2VyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTa2FhciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9XX0=

I swapped Blob for Shocker because I was basically never happy to play Shocker and this gives more options for the final two turns.

Also people have gotten wise to Magik and I've seen more Legion in the last day than the previous month.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Anyone have an updated HE list with Celiera ( Whatever I have no idea who she is and her name has too many vowels ).

Also, a question, a lot of people post images of their decks, screen shotted from the app. Why is that a popular way to share a deck vs. the 'share deck' code that is easily generated/copy pasted to create the deck? It feels like taking a screenshot and uploading it is way more work!

Unless you literally just want to show off your variants/splits I guess.

Because I play on my phone and post on my actual computer, so transferring deck codes is a bigger pain. Anyhoo, Shenaut is the best HE list. Here is the core,

The last three slots can be any of,

Leech
Nebula
Cosmo
Shocker
Jeff
Armor

Of those, I think Leech, Nebula, Cosmo, and Shocker are the best choices.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Also, a question, a lot of people post images of their decks, screen shotted from the app. Why is that a popular way to share a deck vs. the 'share deck' code that is easily generated/copy pasted to create the deck? It feels like taking a screenshot and uploading it is way more work!

Unless you literally just want to show off your variants/splits I guess.

I use the untapped.gg tracker and it makes screenshots for me on their website. Doesn't use my variants though.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Another season, another $100 bundle.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

What does HE do exactly anyways? I imagine it just super-buffs textless cards with a shitload of power or something but haha funny vague card text.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

YoshiOfYellow posted:

What does HE do exactly anyways? I imagine it just super-buffs textless cards with a shitload of power or something but haha funny vague card text.

tap on the card silhouettes behind him and you can see all the cards he affects and how

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I opened a pixel Kang avatar and it's SO BAD I laugh every time I see it. It's just an amorphous blue-grey blob.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
High Evolutionary is probably the biggest bang for your tokens or keys especially if you aren’t close to a complete collection. Evo/Nebula/Caiera is a really good spotlight week.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Skippy McPants posted:

Dare you enter his magical realm?

Awesome. tyvm.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Fate Accomplice posted:

tap on the card silhouettes behind him and you can see all the cards he affects and how

Oh. Dang. Much more involved than I expected. Nifty!

Mushrooman posted:

High Evolutionary is probably the biggest bang for your tokens or keys especially if you aren’t close to a complete collection. Evo/Nebula/Caiera is a really good spotlight week.

Dunno if I'll get a key to spend but it seems like potentially worth the attempt.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
If you get a key, and you don't have any of the cards, this week's spotlight cache are is absolute no brainer.

Maneck fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jan 3, 2024

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

doingitwrong posted:

This one has been making the rounds.
https://snap.untapped.gg/en/decks/C...-Sunspot_Caiera

I swapped Blob for Shocker because I was basically never happy to play Shocker and this gives more options for the final two turns.

Also people have gotten wise to Magik and I've seen more Legion in the last day than the previous month.

Not sure if it's worth putting Quinjet in there when it would only affect cards created by Moongirl.

Played a few rounds with it but I'm still in the 60's from season reset and it's like 80% bots so hard to judge its effectiveness. But in those rounds, I only played MG twice, I'd often feel like Caiera was a better T4 drop if I didn't/couldn't play her T3.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

Skippy McPants posted:

Why Nimrod? He's a pretty marginal card.

Mainly because it seems fun to kill him a bunch but also I have a lot of the best S4-5 cards already. For 3k tokens I could instead get Legion, Master Mold, Mobius or Modok (plus some really worthless cards like Martyr). I passed on Legion when he was in the spotlight.

I don't think he's up in spotlights anytime soon either

I've become a full on destroy player since getting Knull. Love it, I'm just playing my game, blowing up my own guys. Just gotta dodge the Cosmos and the Armors

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

DrBouvenstein posted:

Not sure if it's worth putting Quinjet in there when it would only affect cards created by Moongirl.

Played a few rounds with it but I'm still in the 60's from season reset and it's like 80% bots so hard to judge its effectiveness. But in those rounds, I only played MG twice, I'd often feel like Caiera was a better T4 drop if I didn't/couldn't play her T3.

She-hulk and Moongirl with Quinjet is a classic like pb&j

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

victorious posted:

I opened a pixel Kang avatar and it's SO BAD I laugh every time I see it. It's just an amorphous blue-grey blob.

That's actually Jonathan Majors' mugshot, but had to be changed due to liability reasons.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

This deck put in work for me on ladder today. The key is that you want priority. I try for Nebula + Storm right with Echo + Ms. Marvel middle. Between Ms. Marvel, Jeff, and Vision you should be able to win the Storm lane. Echo will stop opposing Ms. Marvels. I swear that card is invisible. So many people drop Professor X or Iron man or Sera on the Echo lane. With the Storm lane locked down Alioth usually wins another lane or you can go wide with Dr. Doom. Silk is a possible wild card. Sometime she helped by getting into the Storm lane but just as often she clogged something up. I would consider Shadow King or Lizard as a swap.

# (1) Nebula
# (1) Echo
# (1) Iceman
# (2) Jeff the Baby Land Shark
# (2) Silk
# (3) Storm
# (3) Mobius M. Mobius
# (4) Ms. Marvel
# (4) Iron Lad
# (5) Vision
# (6) Alioth
# (6) Doctor Doom
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWNobyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2lsayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTW9iaXVzTU1vYml1cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWxpb3RoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOZWJ1bGEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkljZW1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSmVmZlRoZUJhYnlMYW5kU2hhcmsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN0b3JtIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNc01hcnZlbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVmlzaW9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEckRvb20ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Iklyb25MYWQifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I haven’t played with Magneto for a long while. Not really sure why. Just always obsessed with the new hotness I guess. But anyway, I’ve been playing Thanos Lockjaw and Magneto is in it of course.

God drat Magneto is so good. Might be the most underrated card in the whole game. Apologies to those of you that want your Ms Marvel in the center location.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:yeshaha:

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Tech Sera has been working the best for me, it's similar to old Sera Control but no Kitty/Angela/Bishop/Monkey T6 explosion.

Shadow King
Zabu
Jeff
Maximus
Killmonger
Moebius
Gladiator
Shang
Enchantress
Ms. Marvel
Legion
Sera

Just be wary of Enchantressing your own Ms. Marvel :shobon:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

God the fuckers on proving grounds that refuse to just play for 8 from the get go are worse than any deck.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Welp. Serves me right for buying a Jim Lee Storm and getting Hipp Blue Marvel yesterday. No, SD, I will not give you money.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Hipp Hevo's frowned in my hand for months now and I love it.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Devo posted:

I don't know that I would call move decks toddler level. They're actually incredibly hard to play well and are one of the strongest things you can do in pool 2. That being said, they get outclassed and outscaled very quickly by mid pool 3.

e: Did you open Caiera? Play Blue Marvel Ka-zoo. I think it would be seriously strong at your CL. Unplayable without the Caiera protection though.

I didnt even think of that, doh! And yeah I'm only CL797 atm, have Caiera, Loki, Iron Lad, Sebastian Shaw out of series 5.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

ijyt posted:

God the fuckers on proving grounds that refuse to just play for 8 from the get go are worse than any deck.

I will never understand the people who hang on after an 8-cube loss in proving grounds. Just concede, goddamn.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I’d be fine with not 8-cubing in proving grounds if it was generally understood that you concede to the first match winner. But some bastards want to drag it out, so you need that double snap and exchange of fistbump emotes just to confirm that two sane people are playing.

Hopefully one day SD will get smart and just make proving grounds a one match deal without the energy system.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'm a drag it outer. I like to use PG to test out decks in the wild and sometimes you want to try it a few times against one deck. Yknow, in case you draw bad or get owned by Sakaar or whatever. See how it plays in a variety of situations, but in a controlled way.

Sometimes I'm in a :evilbuddy: mood and just wanna unleash a troll deck but that's completely different.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Made it to infinite already with Thanos Lockjaw.

I’m at rank 1,197. Surely this will not go down at all.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Throne room spotlight is so loving funny with hulk buster and venom. I'm scamming so many cubes from these skaar decks that don't understand the interaction.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
I just had the most insanely frustrating first match in a gold Conquest. Dude would pull a 1 point retreat on like turn 3 of every game if it was going my way (like turn 3 is going to lock in a win in my lovely Shaw Surfer auto deck). On the fourth game I snapped on turn 1 out of frustration and he ended up winning so then we played 3 more games for 2 points until he finally beat me. I would rather lose in two games than that poo poo.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I’ve started just immediately snapping in every conquest game, even Infinite ones. I don’t have all loving day

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Devo posted:

Made it to infinite already with Thanos Lockjaw.

I’m at rank 1,197. Surely this will not go down at all.

Which one are you using? I have no luck with that deck.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Opopanax posted:

I’ve started just immediately snapping in every conquest game, even Infinite ones. I don’t have all loving day

Same. I actually got to the final game of an infinite conquest last season with this method but just got boned by really bad draws. However I smoked thru a full infinity ticket and like 1800 tokens in like 10 mins.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

obi_ant posted:

Which one are you using? I have no luck with that deck.

This is definitely not the optimal list but it was good enough. MVPs are Magneto and Mobius.

# (1) Nico Minoru
# (2) Jeff the Baby Land Shark
# (3) Lockjaw
# (3) Mobius M. Mobius
# (3) Caiera
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (5) Vision
# (6) Blob
# (6) Thanos
# (6) Skaar
# (6) Magneto
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmljb01pbm9ydSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTG9ja2phdyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTW9iaXVzTU1vYml1cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FpZXJhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTa2FhciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVGhhbm9zIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNYWduZXRvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJbmZpbmF1dCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVmlzaW9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSmVmZlRoZUJhYnlMYW5kU2hhcmsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJsb2IifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Is Nico really that useful there? My current Thanos Blob has Psylocke in it to get a bigger card out early

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is Nico really that useful there? My current Thanos Blob has Psylocke in it to get a bigger card out early

She’s good at blowing up stones or turning them into demons. Psylocke might be better. Hadn’t really thought about her.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
What do people mean when they refer to "junk" in this game?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Dr. Clockwork posted:

What do people mean when they refer to "junk" in this game?
Decks where you try to put rocks and goblins on your opponent's board so they cant play their cards good.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Yep this sums up last season for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

No Wave posted:

Decks where you try to put rocks and goblins on your opponent's board so they cant play their cards good.
Or cards with negative value like Selene and The Hood that you can get to switch sides with Annihilus