Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Excuse me, are you implying that a pro bowl that has previously selected Tyler Huntley as one of the QBs might be a bit of a joke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Tucker getting Pro Bowl over Dicker is a goddamn war crime.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

players voting for tucker cause they're not even looking at stats or give a poo poo and just thinking 'hes the best ever right? the goat? yeah sure ill vote for him' ftw

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Once you win a couple Pro Bowls it's like being in the mafia, you're a made man for life.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1742713870635151516?t=MN1rthtzXhQ8PFUxW3z_gw&s=19

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

The Chargers deserve better than the Spanos family.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Is this an Ace Ventura / Dolphins joke?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

The NFL posted:

We as the deciding body in this matter have ruled the NFL has done no wrong."

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lifespan posted:

The Pro Bowl has never been about who is best.

Yeah but still if it goes into consideration for HOF balloting etc and it ALWAYS does then they should unfuck the voting.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

wandler20 posted:

Budda over Winfield Jr is by far the worst snub. He's having an All Pro season.

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1742714273992786303?t=sISZoizjj2dyoaXEHc6FoQ&s=19

Huskies stay winning, haters stay mad

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

What’s a husky

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Codependent Poster posted:

Steichen runs a good offensive scheme that everyone buys into. It's not always successful and they're missing the run threat that they had with Richardson, but they have still shown the ability to score on good defenses like when they put up a ton of yards on the Browns.

Colts + run game + Richardson had me thinking Trent for a good five seconds, and I wondered what parallel reality I'd slid into

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

It's true. I'm still mad and hatin'

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

DeimosRising posted:

What’s a husky

Nothing, what’s a Husky with you?

(Budda is)

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Getting mad about Pro Bowl snubs is a fool's game, that's why I'm not absolutely seething that Amon-Ra St.Brown wasn't named as a WR for the NFC despite there being 4 spots and him being top-4 in the conference in receptions, yards, and touchdowns. I'm not! I'm laughing about it!!

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

tinstaach posted:

Getting mad about Pro Bowl snubs is a fool's game, that's why I'm not absolutely seething that Amon-Ra St.Brown wasn't named as a WR for the NFC despite there being 4 spots and him being top-4 in the conference in receptions, yards, and touchdowns. I'm not! I'm laughing about it!!

i mean its not like the refs gently caress your team over. what, you think theres some kind of league wide conspiracy going on to gently caress you over? insane. i haven't just been paid a lot of money to say this.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Caring about anything that incorporates a fan vote is silly

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Amon Ra wasn't voted to the pro bowl because he wasn't gonna be available that week anyway.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Nervous posted:

Excuse me, are you implying that a pro bowl that has previously selected Tyler Huntley as one of the QBs might be a bit of a joke?

Tyler huntly had a perfect quarterback rating last sunday

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

DeimosRising posted:

What’s a husky

Penix for NFL MVP. Who says no?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Lifespan posted:

Penix for NFL MVP. Who says no?

I DO :fuckoff:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://x.com/woodwardsports/status/1742713588383465904?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Would be pretty loving funny if Disney fired McAfee’s dumb rear end.

https://x.com/BradMossEsq/status/1742740413276942616?s=20

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Would be pretty loving funny if Disney fired McAfee’s dumb rear end.

https://x.com/BradMossEsq/status/1742740413276942616?s=20

Didn't he literally just sign a deal with them months ago? I dunno if they'll cut ties with him, but I can definitely imagine that they'll tell him Rodgers is now persona non grata on the show (and maybe even ESPN as a whole). Rodgers getting less air time would be a good thing, but that would also probably mean that Rodgers will start claiming that he's been cancelled and all that poo poo

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

“Analzone: Alternate”, huh…

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

fartknocker posted:

“Analzone: Alternate”, huh…

Two years ago Anzalone was probably the worst defender on the team, possibly even the league, and the Lions defence was legit hot garbage.

It's pretty easy to see the Lions have good coaching.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
You are entering the Analzone

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Where’s no butt stuff when you need him

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

In bed with Covid

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I don't know what they'll do with McAfee but I don't think Rodgers going after another Disney employee is just gonna just get brushed aside. Rodgers will probably get banned from the show

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

shyduck posted:

I don't know what they'll do with McAfee but I don't think Rodgers going after another Disney employee is just gonna just get brushed aside. Rodgers will probably get banned from the show

Sounds like a good time for him to pivot to Rogan.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

shyduck posted:

The Jets probably hope he gets banned from the show but I doubt it happens.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
ESPN will cave and give Aaron his own show. This is his career arc

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It would've been incredible if Woody Johnson was on the list.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Sounds like a good time for him to pivot to Rogan.

At least then he'd be confined to spreading his bullshit almost exclusively to people that already have brainworms.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Black Sunshine posted:

At least then he'd be confined to spreading his bullshit almost exclusively to people that already have brainworms.

There has to be a huge overlap between McAfee and Rogan's fanbases.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

mcmagic posted:

It's probably a circle.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

mcmagic posted:

Yeah the venn diagram would definitely overlap to a degree but there are definitely "normal" sports people who just watch McAfee because "hey, it's a show with dudes talking about sports!" and it's best not to infect them as well.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

There seem to be folks that tune in specifically for Rodgers every week. Lots of folks that no longer tune in BECAUSE of this type of poo poo (myself included, the shows gotten absolutely abysmal since espn took over)

There’s a certain type of dysfunctional weirdos who probably hand wave his incredibly reckless comments/accusations on people because he used to be able to throw a ball so they’d likely follow Rogan for that very same reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jackson Mahomes sucks and I hate him

but his charges just got dropped and apparently he had a pre-existing relationship with that lady he kissed and apparently there are texts that it was a set up although that part isn't confirmed

https://www.kmbc.com/article/jackson...=snd-autopilot

"Prosecutors also said in the motion to dismiss the charges that even if Vaughn were granted immunity, she would say "she had not been truthful to the police, and that the encounter with the defendant was consensual."

He's still being prosecuted for misdemeanor battery for shoving the male waiter though and I still don't want to see him on TV