Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

weekly font posted:

But the Packers won the Super Bowl!

I recently found out Giant Spider Invasion was shot with no script and for the giant spider movement they strapped it to a VW Beetle. That’s filmmaking baby.

:allears:

Bill rules so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

hell fuckin yeah now that's a great teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4xk8yLiFwM

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Alligator is a great creature feature and one of those movies that's a lot smarter than you'd think it is from the title and concept.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

A Fancy Hat posted:

Alligator is a great creature feature and one of those movies that's a lot smarter than you'd think it is from the title and concept.

Oh man, growing up in the 80s they ALWAYS had this on network tv. We used to sit around and watch it every time it came on. I must have seen that like a dozen times as a kid and I've totally forgotten about it until just now. I'm kind of curious if it holds up or if my nostalgia will blind me from everything.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Philthy posted:

Oh man, growing up in the 80s they ALWAYS had this on tv. We used to sit around and watch it every time it came on. I must have seen that like a dozen times as a kid and I've totally forgotten about it until just now. I'm kind of curious if it holds up or if my nostalgia will blind me from everything.

It absolutely holds up as long as you have a fondness for practical effects like most of us around here do. Like, the effects definitely hold up but it's not like you can't tell that the gator is a big puppet. Or when they use a real gator and put it next to miniatures, you can tell how they did it but imo it still looks really good.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Thank Bryan Cranston.

That's pretty awesome. I do thank Bryan Cranston because he apparently worked on some of the best stuff in the movie during the finale where the gator is chowing down on people left and right.

Basebf555 fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jan 3, 2024

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Thank Bryan Cranston.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Didn't they get Bryan Cranston to interview for the Alligator DVD or Blu Ray release.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, Shout! Factory got him for the 2022 rerelease.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh poo poo you're right, the UHD that I bought a while back has an interview with Cranston on it. I have to watch that sometime.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I never seen FOTG2 but if it doesn't have Marjoe Gortner in it, no sale.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I never seen FOTG2 but if it doesn't have Marjoe Gortner in it, no sale.

It's been years, but since all I remember is the ending with the giant kid, I'd say it's not particularly memorable.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
BLue Monkey is pretty decent creature feature. Fixing to watch The Boogens after this.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

M_Sinistrari posted:

It's been years, but since all I remember is the ending with the giant kid, I'd say it's not particularly memorable.

Man, not even the sex scene that ends with the guy suddenly becoming a giant out of nowhere?

Or the giant rats attacking the swim meet?

Wait, do I even remember that movie?

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
I just got tickets to see loving Dogtooth in a week and a half! Never thought I'd get to see that one on the big screen.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The Boogens isn't totally loving terrrible. Like its perfectly fine 80s monster movie.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
If you watched Poor Things please go post in this thread!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Hollismason posted:

The Boogens isn't totally loving terrrible. Like its perfectly fine 80s monster movie.

the synopsis' description of the monster as somewhere between a turtle and a spider certainly has me intrigued

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:negative:
It still isn't playing here and I've pretty much given up hope

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

alf_pogs posted:

the synopsis' description of the monster as somewhere between a turtle and a spider certainly has me intrigued

Its not a bad design.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
XTRO is a great creature movie.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Just got back from Night Swim. It was dumb, and not in a fun way. I’m not usually one to get too nit picky, especially about a haunted swimming pool movie, but doesn’t make a whole lot of sense* and also tries to juggle too much. i think going with a fun pool full of ghosts, or an evil wishing well that demands sacrifices for curing ms family drama would have probably served the movie better than half heartedly doing both

It has some nice shots and the cast seems to be doing their best with the material, but the trailer scene is probably the high water mark of the film.

*if the cat doesn’t count as a sacrifice the pool shouldn’t kill it. Really they should have had the kid get better at baseball afterwards to establish the quid pro quo nature of the pool early on. In which case the cat should have definitely been one Of the ghosts in the pool Dimension. Also there should have been a twist that all the ghosts were actually helpful(instead of just the one) and actually trying to keep people out because they’re all victims of the pool.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They apparently made an Omen prequel and it actually looks pretty good

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

OK horror thread, gonna need your help with this one: Your State, Stabbed!, trying to find a horror movie set in (not shot in) every state. Quality is negotiable, but if it had at least 1000 views that would be nice.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Shrecknet posted:

OK horror thread, gonna need your help with this one: Your State, Stabbed!, trying to find a horror movie set in (not shot in) every state. Quality is negotiable, but if it had at least 1000 views that would be nice.

New York is obviously going to be contentious, so you should zag and do Jason Takes Manhattan.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Shrecknet posted:

Track of the Moonbeast (1976), set in New Mexico and filmed in New Mexico.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Shrecknet posted:

you're next for missouri! both set in and shot in. actually lived in the town where it was shot in.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Canonically, Jason is a Jersey Boy. Leatherface is pretty obvious. Chucky was Chicago, so Illinois. Elm Street took place in Indiana I want say?

gently caress. I was trying to fall asleep and now I can’t stop trying to geolocate horror movies. That was some incredibly effective nerd-sniping.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Colorado has The Shining

Florida has Halloween at Aunt Ethels

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Shrecknet posted:

I believe The Crazies is set in Iowa

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

some cool poo poo goes down at Devil's Tower, Wyoming at the end of Close Encounters, but i dunno if it's "set" there

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Evil Dead exists in a quantum superposition between Michigan and Tennessee

Hereditary takes place in Utah I believe. Also Horror in the High desert.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Winterbeast is Massachusetts.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Trick ‘r treat is set in Ohio

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I've always heard Alligator (1980) is a good movie,

A Fancy Hat posted:

Alligator is a great creature feature

You guys are all shamefully sleeping on KILLER CROCODILE (1989).

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

This is your 90th reminder that Western PA has Night of the Living Dead, French fry sandwiches, and literally nothing else.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Jennifer's Body is set in Minnesota

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Near dark for oklahoma

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

30 Days of Night for Alaska

Tales From The Crypt Presents: Demon Knight for New Mexico

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

moths posted:

This is your 90th reminder that Western PA has Night of the Living Dead, French fry sandwiches, and literally nothing else.

Excuse me but we also have:

Silence of the Lambs (and you can now spend a night at the house they used for Buffalo Bill's house)

And all of the good Romero movies on top of Night. I work 3 minutes away from the Creepshow house AND my wife works in the same industrial park where they filmed all the cockroach scenes (and where all the roaches escaped).

And french fry salads.