Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Red Rox posted:

The William Rondo Cup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

everyone after hearing draymond is returning:

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Draymond has been rehabilitated. He's starting a new podcast with Kyrie about being a chill rear end dude and going along to get along

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Draymond at the Warriors' facility, ramping up to resume play again

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Hali!!

Also wow, no Booker? While I personally find Jamal Murray not cracking the top ten to be worse, I’m surprised.

Chronicles fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jan 4, 2024

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Chronicles posted:

Also wow, no Booker? While I personally find Jamal Murray not cracking the top ten to be worse, I’m surprised.

He’s been hurt off and on and also he seems to be broadly unpopular

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Everybody Hates Book

His shoes go hard though, hoping those Shattered Backboard ones get a general release

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

big boi posted:

lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

big boi posted:

lol

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Trae Young is better in every category than Dame this year.

Shai is the best guard in the league. Ridiculous

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
So are we about 1-2 weeks away from a Ramona Shelburne Draymond puff piece + Jalen Rose sit-down at this rate?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

leftist heap posted:

So are we about 1-2 weeks away from a Ramona Shelburne Draymond puff piece + Jalen Rose sit-down at this rate?

Yeah, that seems about the timeline. You'll know it's close when local media starts dropping their puff pieces, which Silver will then use to gauge reaction outside of the fanbase that already likes him.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

pentyne posted:

the clickbaits keep talking about how it seems like he has some vendetta or dislike of Austin Reaves

It's the sharing of a Buha story and his whole thing is taking r/lakers and lakers twitter fan posts and pretending they're real for many many clicks.

Like this one is Ham said "we have some injuries" in a question as to why the team is struggling in one interview, and in a different interview Reaves said "injuries aren't an excuse" when asked "is your team struggling with injuries" and this is the basis of today's story.

It's annoying to me because there are plenty of actual good criticisms for Ham and he could actually be in trouble at the moment but Buha is framing it as because of melodrama that just isn't there.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Also like- to what end? Who is out there to replace him?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Nets got fined $100k https://theathletic.com/5179459/2024/01/04/nets-fine-nba-player-rest-policy/?source=user_shared_article

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Chronicles posted:

NBA champion coaches Glenn "Doc" Rivers and Mike Budenholzer

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Rick posted:

It's the sharing of a Buha story and his whole thing is taking r/lakers and lakers twitter fan posts and pretending they're real for many many clicks.

Like this one is Ham said "we have some injuries" in a question as to why the team is struggling in one interview, and in a different interview Reaves said "injuries aren't an excuse" when asked "is your team struggling with injuries" and this is the basis of today's story.

It's annoying to me because there are plenty of actual good criticisms for Ham and he could actually be in trouble at the moment but Buha is framing it as because of melodrama that just isn't there.

Shams is credited on the story too, and as vague as “six sources” is I don’t think he’s making it up

quote:

There’s currently a deepening disconnect between Darvin Ham and the Lakers locker room, six sources with direct knowledge of the situation say, raising questions about the head coach’s standing. The people spoke with The Athletic on condition of anonymity so that they could speak freely on the matter. Those sources have described that the disjointedness between the coach and team has stemmed from the extreme rotation and starting lineup adjustments recently from Ham, leading to a fluctuating rhythm for several players across the roster.
I’d guess that DLo is mad and started talking poo poo (or “sources close to DLo” or “familiar with his thinking” ie his agent)

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

Let them know 🗣

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

kingcobweb posted:

I’d guess that DLo is mad and started talking poo poo (or “sources close to DLo” or “familiar with his thinking” ie his agent)

I wouldn't put it past Wood, either. It's been his MO at every stop.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Chronicles posted:

Let Lebron player-coach

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

snyprmag posted:

Let Lebron player-coach

This would be true on a good timeline.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

Actually, Luka is the best guard.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/orlandomagic/status/1743061011928682957?s=46

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

v: the magic hadn't retired shaq's jersey already?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Spacebump posted:

Actually, Luka is the best guard.

Offensive maybe

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Bud would be a good coach for the Lakers but probably not as a mid season guy.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://x.com/NBAPR/status/1742996903686439402?s=20

The Spurs lost this game by 33

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Papes posted:

Offensive maybe

This is also a bad response when people pretend KG was better than Dirk.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

pentyne posted:

the clickbaits keep talking about how it seems like he has some vendetta or dislike of Austin Reaves

Hell, same

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

v: the magic hadn't retired shaq's jersey already?

They are trying very hard to not be like that other Florida team when it comes to retiring jerseys

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

kingcobweb posted:

Shams is credited on the story too, and as vague as “six sources” is I don’t think he’s making it up

Ham probably told him he has to play defense and DLo just can't abide that. It's also my theory for why he tried to run Rudy Gobert out of Minnesota and why they had to get rid of him.

If it's true, he'll be sulking like crazy any minute now until they flip him for Zach Lavine and make him the Bulls problem (sorry Bulls fans)

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

h/t kibs
https://twitter.com/relmyers/status/1743040594182602921

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Azathoth posted:

NBA champion coaches Glenn "Doc" Rivers and Mike Budenholzer

I had it muted but apparently he was doing the Mark Jackson on air job begging the whole last telecast.

kingcobweb posted:

Buha has been very open that his anonymous sources are not connected with the team management or any players because he already got in trouble in his career when he was the Clippers beat writer.

Again there is no disagreement that Ham is in trouble, and the Shams stuff is probably agent based. But a huge chunk of that story is relying on someone unreliable.

E: translated into comprehensible English

Rick fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jan 5, 2024

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Rick posted:

I had it muted but apparently he was doing the Mark Jackson on air job begging the whole last telecast.

Not surprised to hear that. He did it a while back on another broadcast I watched, don't remember which one sorry. It wouldn't be bad if he wasn't also a dogshit commentator but lmao he needs to catch on somewhere so I'm not accidentally exposed to him. I could feel myself actively losing basketball knowledge just listening to him.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

dokmo posted:

here's sengun shooting dirks over a bunch of bums

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYQAKmsPkyg

love it!

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

saw that coming!

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Should've never let them out the cave.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1743077925300412656

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

That is both incredibly and incredibly awkward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Spacebump posted:

This is also a bad response when people pretend KG was better than Dirk.

lol