Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

net work error posted:

How do we setup a lefty manosphere

How do you set up a lefty org that isn't immediately infiltrated by three letter agencies or bad faith actors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

DickParasite posted:

How do you set up a lefty org that isn't immediately infiltrated by three letter agencies or bad faith actors?
do it in china in 1949

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

That idiot makes more off his name from rubes than he does his investments.

He’s terrible at investing but really good at making idiots believe he isn’t

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

DickParasite posted:

very carefully

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I know why you are all childless. You crammed so many burgers down your gullet your fat swallowed up your reproductive organs.

-Hoot

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

I know why you are all childless. You crammed so many burgers down your gullet your fat swallowed up your reproductive organs.

-Hoot

Procreation? In this economy?!

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Animal-Mother posted:

I like the ones where grandmasters pretend to just be tourists and they play against street hustlers and the guy gradually realizes what's happening.

Watch anna crammling if you aren't already. Her and her GM mother wandering around and playing chess hustlers is surprisingly wholesome.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Business Gorillas posted:

A fun activity is going to the store trying to buy whole foods with readable ingredients and walking past 90% of the store

don't doxx me. i try to buy as unprocessed as possible so much that i get comments from other people in line. the food megacorps pushing back against ultra-processed food stigma was pretty funny last year: "we shouldn't say UPF, because only 90% of them are bad for you!"

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Mr Hootington posted:

I was never a libertarian. I am clean

You were a mod so how clean can you be :iiam:?

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

Christ this is depressing

https://x.com/unusual_whales/status/1742921575559508244?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Also reads like something that’ll be pointed to as a precursor to full blown fascism in America.

austin is where most of the twitch streamers live

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

net work error posted:

How do we setup a lefty manosphere

I think this is what Hasan is literally trying to do.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Azuth0667 posted:

he was merely an IK

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

I think this is what Hasan is literally trying to do.

isnt "lefty manosphere" chapo trap house

what happened to them anyway, dont think ive heard about them for years now

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

Matt Christman had a stroke

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

Vox Nihili posted:

Matt Christman had a stroke

now he thinks Dracula is cool

Seems to be working out for him tbh

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Azuth0667 posted:

Oh?

-Hoot

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

A fun activity is going to the store trying to buy whole foods with readable ingredients and walking past 90% of the store

basically everything not on one of the ends of the store

here it's typically all the produce and such at one end, dairy on the other end, and all the crap in between.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Mr Hootington posted:

-Hoot

thread title

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Liquidation auction marks end of an era for Target's corporate offices in City Center

Return to work?

netizen
Jun 25, 2023

Shear Modulus posted:

They're the dirtbag left. We need to create an upstanding, principled, manly left.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Kiyosaki's the worst and it pains me that so many people are told to read his stupid Oprah-endorsed book to learn about how to manage their money.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

every guy from Minnesota looks like this

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Eric Cantonese posted:

Kiyosaki's the worst and it pains me that so many people are told to read his stupid Oprah-endorsed book to learn about how to manage their money.

I dunno I actually think giving every American a billion dollar loan sounds like a good plan.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
What do the fine men from Western Pennsylvania look like?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Twerk from Home posted:

I dunno I actually think giving every American a billion dollar loan sounds like a good plan.

The guy got to borrow a billion dollars because he's a celebrity who got famous because of a book chock full of lies and bad advice and a talk show host notorious for not doing her due diligence. No regular person gets that credit line. They get ground down in lawsuits and wage garnishments and have to file for bankruptcy way before that point.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

every guy from Minnesota looks like this

that's just ned flanders

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

He looks good for 68 years old

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Granted I'm pretty new to all of this but it feels very much like Peterson insofar as "you need to live a morally just & ordered life, don't sweat the small stuff, and self improvement/discipline is a good idea"

Listening to ManClan is good for this, it's the Qanon Anonymous folks and they argue a good chunk of what the manosphere (tm) argues is actually good & necessary advice for malcontent youth (and something the left doesn't really do). The really nefarious thing is when they pivot from self help stuff and swing straight to tearing down others instead of self improvement

The dingdongs pretending to be Cato online are missing the whole loving point of "be kind, be courageous, live a just life, and don't wallow in self-pity and overconsumption"

Yeah Cato missed that part too

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Eric Cantonese posted:

The guy got to borrow a billion dollars because he's a celebrity who got famous because of a book chock full of lies and bad advice and a talk show host notorious for not doing her due diligence. No regular person gets that credit line. They get ground down in lawsuits and wage garnishments and have to file for bankruptcy way before that point.

If he got it in 2021 or earlier with low interests rate the motherfucker could still be making profit just by parking it in a settlement fund.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Twerk from Home posted:

Your happy meal will be 500 million, did you want to upsize for another hundred million?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

bidens zimbabwe

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

that book keeps being recommended in weird social media ads saying to disconnect for a month and read a series of make-money books and you will be the most interesting person in the room

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Nonsense posted:

that book keeps being recommended in weird social media ads saying to disconnect for a month and read a series of make-money books and you will be the most interesting person in the room

Spoiler alert: you won’t be

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Spoiler alert: you won’t be

nah, that actually is a good way to be the most interesting person in the room. by way of being a weird narcissistic rear end in a top hat nobody else wants to be around.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

may you be the interesting times

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-01-05/home-insurance-premiums-rising-queensland-natural-disasters/103277360 posted:

One in eight households spending a month's wage on home and contents insurance as premiums skyrocket, experts say
Fran Ross is all too familiar with steep insurance price hikes.

The age pensioner was stunned when the renewal for her home and contents insurance increased by about 400 per cent.

Ms Ross, who lives in Fitzgibbon in Brisbane's north, has never made a claim and said her home wasn't at risk from natural disaster.

She was told the increase of hundreds of dollars was due to "perils", with no further explanation given.

"I was with them [the insurer] for a long time and it would seem loyalty means nothing," she said.

"In fact, 1.24 million, or one in eight, Australian households is now facing at least four weeks of gross household income to buy a meaningful house insurance premium."

Professor Jarzabkowski said conflicts like the Israel-Gaza war and Russia's invasion of Ukraine were partly responsible for the hike in premiums.

drat Russians and Israelies making my house insurance sky rocket!! :argh:

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Nonsense posted:

Rich Dad, Poor Dad? It's unfortunately been one of the typical books purporting to manage money and build wealth since the 1990s. People who (supoosedly) want to help you but don't actually know the contents of the book happily promote it even though it's mostly garbage about real estate investing that's majorly out of date.

Kiyosaki has been able to parlay the cred he got from the book to fuel an enriching career of borderline frauduelnt (if not actually fraudulent) paid courses and investment schemes.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Eric Cantonese posted:

Kiyosaki has been able to parlay the cred he got from the book to fuel an enriching career of borderline frauduelnt (if not actually fraudulent) paid courses and investment schemes.

he used to do this with Trump at conferences.

he’s an alumni too. Kiyosaki had a merchant mariner license. which is where got the connections to initially fail at business (importing Velcro wallets from Asia in containers)

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Bar Ran Dun posted:

he used to do this with Trump at conferences.

he’s an alumni too. Kiyosaki had a merchant mariner license. which is where got the connections to initially fail at business (importing Velcro wallets from Asia in containers)

This site has some good ol' Web 1.0-style formatting, but it's the most exhaustive takedown of everything horrible about the book.

https://johntreed.com/blogs/john-t-...poor-dad-part-1

Kiyosaki even made up poo poo about being a Marine and a Vietnam War deserter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Eric Cantonese posted:

Dave Ramsey is also really bad at advice and horrible person too (extremely conservative and religious, treats his employees like poo poo).