Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Saoshyant posted:

Would be cool if Ice had any resistances whatsoever.

It does! It resists…itself. Should probably resist water too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It has four types that it's super effective against but doesn't resist a single one of them. Pure insanity.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

they can’t change the type chart. I’m too old

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Ice should resist fire for the same reason water resists fire

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

More.

Typing:
- Delcatty becomes Normal/Fairy
- Ice now resists Bug and Dragon
- Dragon no longer resists Electric

Abilities:
- My aforementioned changes to Normalize immediately applies the affect of Foresight when Skill Swapped to a Ghost Type
- Shell Armor now applies a .5 resistance to moves boosted by Sharpness
- New ability, Kick Striker, which functions like Iron Fist for kicking attacks. Replaces Limber for Hitmonlee.
- New ability, Momentum, which gradually powers up multi-strike moves with each hit. Replaces Steadfast for Hitmontop.

Moves:
- Parabolic Charge is now boosted when under the effects of Sunlight
- New attack Lightning Blade, which is an electric version of Psycho Cut. Learnable by Raichu, Luxray, Kleavor, Ceruledge, and Sceptile
- Wild Charge’s attack power is boosted to the level of other recoil moves not named Take Down

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

they need to buff grass

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

think my 2024 goal is gonna be to get into VGC. Indigo Disk your mission was accomplished

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Bring back Inverse Battles. Abomasnow's time to shine as a defensive backbone.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Nodosaur posted:

- Wild Charge’s attack power is boosted to the level of other recoil moves not named Take Down

Sooooo, volt tackle?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

AlternateNu posted:

Sooooo, volt tackle?

Crap I forgot

Look just increase its base damage

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

All recoil moves should be 120 power 80 accuracy and deal 1/4th damage dealt to the user

We've got typed Hyper Beams and Quick Attacks, may as keep rounding out the movepools with more variants

Make Play Rough the Fairy-type recoil move

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
ice should resist water and grass at the very least

also electric should get some non-recoil physical moves that don't suck

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

All recoil moves should be 120 power 80 accuracy and deal 1/4th damage dealt to the user

We've got typed Hyper Beams and Quick Attacks, may as keep rounding out the movepools with more variants

Make Play Rough the Fairy-type recoil move

80 accuracy brave bird would be quite the shift. Would rather Staraptor not be in a worse position than it already is tho.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Water melts ice. Be glad that scald isn't a reverse freeze dry!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I am

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I will never not use ice pokémon, the objectively coolest type.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Saoshyant posted:

Would be cool if Ice had any resistances whatsoever.

Would be cool if Poison was SE vs Water.

Ice would be fine if they would make more offense focused Ice pokemon. Just look at Weavile. But instead they look at the glass cannon offense type, and give it to fat, high HP pokemon with no speed.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

i'm always uncomfortable using ghost or normal or rock or ice types because it seems like every pokemon has a dark or fighting move

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

oh boy sire feels great to find you have an Antique Poltchageist outbreak, go there, find no shinies in 4 sandwiches but find a loving shiny Ariados where I got so mad I reset because I killed too many.

And then next reset I find 2 :rolldice:

I think I won't shiny hunt more till I get the mark charm from the BB Pokedex. Where all I'm missing are Paradox Entei and Raikou (ideally to keep, but given they're unique and DLC only trading entries would be enough) and getting 6000 BP to unlock the missing starters.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I will never not use ice pokémon, the objectively coolest type.

yup.

Its cool that they have no defences actually. It just makes them more badass

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

While we're proposing changes to stuff in the series, here are some of my takes:

Ice now resists Fairy. If Fire can resist Fairy, so should Ice.
Items that only evolve Pokemon by trading now work like Evolution stones and other items introduced in Gen 8 and beyond or they now have an in-battle effect when held by other Pokemon (like say a Magmarizer now works like Flash Fire as an item when held by a Pokemon).
Meltan now evolves into Melmetal by exposing it to a Metal Alloy
Croagunk and Toxicroak are now in the Water 1/Human-like Egg group instead of just Human-like. Let them breed with other frog Pokemon.
Clobbapus and Grapploct are now Fighting/Water types.
The Eeveelutions can now learn moves that the Partner Eevee can get in Let's Go Eevee:
- Vaporeon gets Bouncy Bubble (90 BP special move that restores half the user's HP)
- Jolteon gets Buzzy Buzz (90 BP special move that paralyzes the target)
- Flareon gets Sizzly Slide (90 BP physical move that burns the target)
- Espeon gets Glitzy Glow (90 BP special move that sets up Light Screen)
- Umbreon gets Baddy Bad (90 BP special move that sets up Reflect)
- Leafeon gets Sappy Seed (90 BP physical move that inflicts Leech Seed)
- Glaceon gets Freezy Frost (90 BP special move that removes all buffs and debuffs)
- Sylveon gets Sparkly Swirl (90 BP special move that heals the user's party and allies of non-volatile status conditions)
They could also get moves that have the same effects but different names because wow these names are kiddy as gently caress.

Zuzie fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jan 4, 2024

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
My changes: Bring back megas.

Give every bug type a mega.

Give every fully evolved bug type an extra 20 to 80 bst.

More bugs.

Make flygon bug/ground with an ability that gives him dragon stab and free levitate.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 4, 2024

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

You should be allowed to devolve a level 100 pokemon all the way back to its level 1 base form so you can bring the same buddies between games from the start

Maybe even allow temporary evolution to its evolved forms (like mega but for regular forms) if you need a little boost in battle. Like some kind of, perhaps, "digital evolution"

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Set mode should be the default battle mode and switch mode should be deleted entirely don’t @ me

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Augus posted:

Set mode should be the default battle mode and switch mode should be deleted entirely don’t @ me

Also just loving do it already and make the game default double battles

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Singles ftw.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
You can pry singles from my cold dead hands

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Not only should no Pokémon be retyped to part-normal, all current and future part-normals should lose the normal typing.
And no you shouldn’t give one mons personal move to everyone else, that’s the same kind of thinking that gave us ice beam and blizzard on every single water type.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
My wishlist fixes:

1. Bring back Super Training from X/Y

2. Ice should resist water, grass, and dragon

3. Regional Ground/Fairy Yamper that learns EQ by level up and evolves into something not boring looking.

4. Tera types are rolled into a "Hidden Type" mechanic. Also bring back Hidden Power and have it be whatever a Pokemon's Hidden Type is.

5. gently caress it, bring back all the generation gimmicks and have them co-exist.

6. Give Eveelutions actually good movepools, Espeon is currently the closest to doing this.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Neo_Crimson posted:

My wishlist fixes:

1. Bring back Super Training from X/Y

2. Ice should resist water, grass, and dragon

3. Regional Ground/Fairy Yamper that learns EQ by level up and evolves into something not boring looking.

4. Tera types are rolled into a "Hidden Type" mechanic. Also bring back Hidden Power and have it be whatever a Pokemon's Hidden Type is.

5. gently caress it, bring back all the generation gimmicks and have them co-exist.

6. Give Eveelutions actually good movepools, Espeon is currently the closest to doing this.

Definitely in favor of 5. Even if it's something like "You can only utilize two at a time"

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I want Poke Pelago back and let me do fun little mini games with my Pokémon. I also want to pet them and feed them again instead of just wash them. Oh, and ride them too. Miraidon is great and all, but it would nice to have the option to ride my Lapras on the water, and my Mudsdale on land or whatever.

I want more double battles in game too. Bring back Pokémon World Tournament with singles, doubles and triples options.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I feel like we’re getting away from changes to battle/move/ability mechanics

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

singles would be ok if they let you turn off the repetitive battle status messages. just have me take sandstorm damage while im selecting my next move i can handle it

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Blaziken386 posted:

also electric should get some non-recoil physical moves that don't suck

This is Supercell Slam erasure. :colbert:

More types should know the suffering that is Hi Jump Kick.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

shinies should get a single extra base stat point over non-shinies, to drive people insane

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Augus posted:

shinies should get a single extra base stat point over non-shinies, to drive people insane

Not gonna lie, if there was a significant difference between shiny and regular Pokemon other than color I might actually give a poo poo about the former

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

oh boy sire feels great to find you have an Antique Poltchageist outbreak, go there, find no shinies in 4 sandwiches but find a loving shiny Ariados where I got so mad I reset because I killed too many.

And then next reset I find 2 :rolldice:

I think I won't shiny hunt more till I get the mark charm from the BB Pokedex. Where all I'm missing are Paradox Entei and Raikou (ideally to keep, but given they're unique and DLC only trading entries would be enough) and getting 6000 BP to unlock the missing starters.

if you're a shiny hunter like me use pokemon home to transfer the starters from another game. That way you don't need to spend the extra bp as well as decrease the number of available outbreaks making it easier to find the starter you want. I was able to get a Turtwig, Tepig, and Squirtle outbreaks by just buying the Canyon expansion (looking for Chespin and Litten next).

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

They're not going to give more competitive value to shiny Pokemon, otherwise that would just be another needless barrier to competitive. Shiny Pokemon should just be a weird collectible thing, a novelty.

Nodosaur posted:

I feel like we’re getting away from changes to battle/move/ability mechanics

Most of my actual ideas are more "they should do this cool thing for this Pokemon" as opposed to actual gameplay fixes.

Basically I want more regional forms. Regular Delcatty should remain as it is, but the hypothetical Regional Delcatty should be something cool like Fire/Fairy... and also has the same poo poo stats.

As for generation gimmicks, like Megas, Z-Moves, Dynamax/Gigantamax and Terastalization, those should remain in their respective generations. Ash-Greninja as well, since it is basically a Mega Evolution without a Mega Stone.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Also just loving do it already and make the game default double battles

fck you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Megas should absolutely come back, while conversely dynamax should absolutely not.