Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

kyle kuzma and jordan poole should never be broken up

Jordan Poole is my favorite basketball player but probably not for the reasons he'd prefer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

Lamer Blackson

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

sharknado slashfic posted:

Jordan Poole is my favorite basketball player but probably not for the reasons he'd prefer

You don’t like Steph Curry?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkKnatNFs74

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i agree with the former president. he won a super bowl

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
people said it was the defense but they got 30 dropped on them twice

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Despera posted:

people said it was the defense but they got 30 dropped on them twice

that's the crazy part of it for me. the defense was a ridiculous liability. webb was out, you had like half of a ray lewis. ngata got knocked out of the superbowl around the 3rd quarter. kruger and art jones were frauds (well kruger was, jones looked legit and then just got thrown in the injury vortex once he left). cary williams was literally the most boom or bust possible cb (which means that, in retrospect, he kinda sucked). terrance cody ended up being something of a bust (i think he got benched for 40 year old ma'ake kemoeatu at one point late in the season lol). this was also a season or so before jimmy smith actually got good. suggs was coming back from the achillies injury (which floored me at the time cause i thought that was like a year and a half type injury back in 2012). courtney upshaw ended up being a way worse jarret johnson.

the best players on that defense that year were ed reed, ngata, corey graham, pernell mcphee, josh bynes, and darnelle ellerbe. and albert mclellan.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

there's a reason why the FO was willing to trade anquan boldin and then jumped over dumervil once he was available. and then the draft was matt elam, arthur brown, brandon williams.

it did not work out, but you could see they knew it was a defense in transition and one that needed to be re-bolstered. in retrospect you'd have wanted them to double down on the offense, since that's literally what just won them the superbowl. but maybe the 4th down stand at the end of the game hosed with them. or all the vets leaving. or the picks against peyton manning and tom brady in the playoffs.

that 2013 draft fuckin bad all around though. idk what moves the ravens could've made other than trading up to get hopkins. they thought they were set at RB and TE so there's no 'shouldve taken leveon bell or travis kelce' second guessing there

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Trading Boldin was an obvious gently caress up when it happened. They wanted to save some piddly amount of cash, which they then wasted on some bust Safety from Oakland, while drafting their own bust Safety in Matt Elam. It was sold as necessary to keep Flacco but that was a trickster's lie. We all know it was payment from Harbaugh to Harbaugh for whooping his rear end in the big Harbowl.

Arthur Brown looked legit though. I still don't know how he ended up a big nothing.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

man that 2013 draft is both better and worse than i thoguht. worse cause its a complete shitshow devoid of talent. better cause somehow the ravens got williams, juszczyk, rick wagner and ryan jensen out of it.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

What does any of this have to do with the Bengals being eliminated from the playoffs

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

sweet thursday posted:

What does any of this have to do with the Bengals being eliminated from the playoffs

the bengells (bengols? cant remember how to spell it) drafted the following players in 2013

tyler eifert
giovani bernard
margus hunt
shawn williams
sean porter (it should be illegal to spell shawn two different ways)
tanner hawkinson
rex burkhead (i literally thought he was always a patriot)
cobi hamilton
reid fragel
tj johnson

man this was an awful draft to have a shitload of picks

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
ooof the butthurt over lamars second mvp in the afc east thread is real

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Despera posted:

ooof the butthurt over lamars second mvp in the afc east thread is real

theres an afc east thread? like they actually talk about the afc east in there? are you for loving real?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Borsche69 posted:

theres an afc east thread? like they actually talk about the afc east in there? are you for loving real?

christ at this rate theyll have a NFC south thread. I mean how much can you talk about sucking?

also the bengos better win so every team in this real division is +.500

Despera fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jan 6, 2024

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Stay the gently caress out of our thread

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lmfa

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

josh allen has 15 rushing tds. that's weird. lamar mvp though

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Amy Pole Her posted:

Afc east posters be like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TQugc8_Htg

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Thank you for braving the non AFC North wastelands. Please share this with the heathens.

MVP: Lamar Jackson
Runner Up: Joe Flacco

15 Layers of dog poo poo

Josh Allen*

*Assuming he makes the playoffs. If not the dude is even worse than Purdy.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Josh Allen owns and might have won MVP if he hadn’t thrown so many interceptions that directly led to losses

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Borsche69 posted:

for some reason when we kept making the afcn threads the other divisions thought they should get to have divisional threads too? but andey would never have wanted that

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jan 6, 2024

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."

Borsche69 posted:

the bengells (bengols? cant remember how to spell it) drafted the following players in 2013

tyler eifert
giovani bernard
margus hunt
shawn williams
sean porter (it should be illegal to spell shawn two different ways)
tanner hawkinson
rex burkhead (i literally thought he was always a patriot)
cobi hamilton
reid fragel
tj johnson

man this was an awful draft to have a shitload of picks

This was a bizarre draft class, in hindsight; dear lord

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/1743648468566946207?s=46&t=2cnUeKC18_9AWmgED44SwA

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Giovani Bernard is the greatest draft pick of all time as far as I'm concerned

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Ghost Dog posted:

for some reason when we kept making the afcn threads the other divisions thought they should get to have divisional threads too? but andey would never have wanted that

honestly there shouldnt even be an AFCN thread. there should be a ravens thread tho

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Sour Diesel posted:

honestly there shouldnt even be an AFCN thread. there should be a ravens thread tho

someones gotta innovate a new way to spell lamar

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/1743664860582354962?t=vgsqFub-T7Kf5Nku7X0HTg&s=19

Get paid Joe

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
To clarify for anyone, he can get a max of $3.75m more if he gets to and wins a superbowl. He has an extra incentive for each round win and it increases per round.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

wilderthanmild posted:

To clarify for anyone, he can get a max of $3.75m more if he gets to and wins a superbowl. He has an extra incentive for each round win and it increases per round.

Is that kind of contract common for mid-season pickups? I would have thought it was vet minimum and that's it.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Black Lighter posted:

Is that kind of contract common for mid-season pickups? I would have thought it was vet minimum and that's it.

I've neve heard of it before for midseason pickups at QB, but the Flacco situation where he came in cold and still got the team the playoffs is rare enough that we probably just wouldn't hear about it. Starting QBs in general tend to have a lot of playoff incentives like that so I wouldn't be surprised if they all have something like that.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Black Lighter posted:

I feel like its probably common cause you see those escalators all the time for trades (conditional draft picks and such). It just usually doesn't get mentioned cause the team in question is unlikely to make a run

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Sour Diesel posted:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1743720368668389492?s=20

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Trading Boldin was an obvious gently caress up when it happened. They wanted to save some piddly amount of cash, which they then wasted on some bust Safety from Oakland, while drafting their own bust Safety in Matt Elam. It was sold as necessary to keep Flacco but that was a trickster's lie. We all know it was payment from Harbaugh to Harbaugh for whooping his rear end in the big Harbowl.

Arthur Brown looked legit though. I still don't know how he ended up a big nothing.

Im glad Matt elams dumb rear end ended up working at a footlocker

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I think it's time for me to admit that I just don't like pickles

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That's alright friend. We'll find a way through this.

Have you tried Kimchi?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Have you tried Kimchi?

is that near the stadium?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That's alright friend. We'll find a way through this.

Have you tried Kimchi?

I have not. My 2024 goal is to try new fruits and veggies. Pickles aren't new but I just can't keep up the fight anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Give Kimchi a try. Spiced, fermented cabbage. Absolutely excellent if you're looking to try new veggies.