Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

if it isnt great just use it for a batch of cold brew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

nice obelisk idiot posted:

Overdid it on the coffee- apparently too frail for common amounts of normal beverages. Going to make some decaf.

l-theanine makes caffeine not make you shaky

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Never going back to not having my own grinder, ordering loads of beans online ftw.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

coffee hits different when you're at work...

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

snack soul posted:

if it isnt great just use it for a batch of cold brew

Not big on the cold brew... don't like what it does to my regularity

This is decaf though so it lacks even the basic utility of an energizing beverage, a disincentive to preparing it regardless of the taste

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
having my afternoon coffee out of my favorite mug... free one precision roller sent to me.. the company i buy my printer toner from... https://www.precisionroller.com/

its got the cool chameleon logo on it.. and its kinda big. :discourse:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

early morning time for coffee

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
Drinking gifted coffee from Christmas.

While I wouldn't the senders to remember I prefer light to medium roast, they're coffee nerds too, have been to my house, and like themselves, have seen me freshly grind beans for the coffee they drank so... why buy me pre-ground?

On the other, drinking it to finish the bag this week makes me appreciate what I buy.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

using the big mug today--almost time to put on another pot!

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Vox Nihili posted:

using the big mug today--almost time to put on another pot!

:coffeepal:

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
ordered a 5 lbs bag of espresso blend before Christmas vacation and came back and its had two weeks to outgas and rest so I can put 12 oz into my jar and portion the rest into vacseal bags

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

coffee time

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

yep

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

might go to a coffee shop today

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

my bony fealty posted:

might go to a coffee shop today

don't chicken out

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

don't chicken out

I did it. It was good, except everything is so goddamn expensive now, an americano was $7.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Long weekend commences... Might have to throw some leftover Baileys in the next cup

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Is espresso allowed in here?

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

its coffee isnt it?

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

snack soul posted:

if it isn’t great just use it for a batch of cold brew

I only drink cold brew and I use Vermont coffee roasters coffee because even in cold brew cheap poo poo tastes bad to me.

Verified with blinded tests, because that's how cheap I am, at a core level. Still won't drink garbage

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

cleaned and ran some water through the knockoff moka master I won at a raffle. looking forward to tomorrows cup!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Boywhiz88 posted:

Is espresso allowed in here?

ya

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I only drink cold brew and I use Vermont coffee roasters coffee because even in cold brew cheap poo poo tastes bad to me.

Verified with blinded tests, because that's how cheap I am, at a core level. Still won't drink garbage

coffee is meant to be enjoyed

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

drinking cowboy coffee. puttin hair on my chest

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Cabbages and Kings posted:

and yet you are garbage

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Mr. Sharps posted:

cleaned and ran some water through the knockoff moka master I won at a raffle. looking forward to tomorrows cup!

nice

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

just had a dirty chai latte with some of the trader joe's mix its p good

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

eSports Chaebol posted:

just had a dirty chai latte with some of the trader joe's mix its p good

you put olive juice in your chai???

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

didn't get enough coffee this morning. gonna be a tough afternoon. need that motor oil in my engine

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Mr. Sharps posted:

trip report pls

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

ArmedZombie posted:

you put olive juice in your chai???

please, i prefer gibsons. onion brine

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

brewed a natural process colombian grown indonesian varietal and it was pretty good. real clean, brewed a couple minutes too fast and was a bit light. gonna grind it two stops finer next time

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

want that coffee that the stoat or whatever shits out

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

kopi luwak

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

my bony fealty posted:

want that coffee that the stoat or whatever shits out

it's a civet.

it tastes like rear end (actually) apparently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkbuFwHnJQY

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

It was apparently good when it was harvested from wild civet droppings, but then it caught on in popularity and they started caging the things and only feeding them coffee cherries, which negatively impacts the health of the animal and its ability to produce good tasting poo poo

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Mr. Sharps posted:

brewed a natural process colombian grown indonesian varietal and it was pretty good. real clean, brewed a couple minutes too fast and was a bit light. gonna grind it two stops finer next time

hell yea

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Dokapon Findom posted:

It was apparently good when it was harvested from wild civet droppings, but then it caught on in popularity and they started caging the things and only feeding them coffee cherries, which negatively impacts the health of the animal and its ability to produce good tasting poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
I will not drink the cat poo poo coffee