Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

he slapped a chicken for the first time in his life! usually if they peck him or bother him he will simply walk away. but he decided he wanted some of their breakfast and when one of them tried to take it from him he slapped her and hissed at her.

food > everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
There is an air vent that points directly on top of our fridge in the kitchen, whenever Pushpin hears the heat kick in she darts to the kitchen to do this under the hot air:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Cats will gladly block up any floor vent that's pushing out hot air.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

my housemate got up and fed the cat early so he would stop trying to drag me out of bed to feed him and i could have a rest

so, after he finished eating his breakfast he came along and tried to drag me out of bed just for fun

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Proudly brought home a big leaf as if it were a mouse and then fell asleep in my hand.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Got high, then attacked by the dog in a tactically disadvantageous situation (his own fault)

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Vim Fuego posted:

Got high, then attacked by the dog in a tactically disadvantageous situation (his own fault)

It’s over anakin! I have the high ground!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Vim Fuego posted:

all cat plans consist only of step 1

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Clarence slipped out the back door when my flatmate opened it, then spent several hours hiding in the hedge. He copped a proper washing from trundles when he emerged.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

trundles is a great name for a cat

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Lola has hidden in the basement all day because there's been a storm, and she's unsure if this flimsy structure will stay standing.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Mx. posted:

my housemate got up and fed the cat early so he would stop trying to drag me out of bed to feed him and i could have a rest

so, after he finished eating his breakfast he came along and tried to drag me out of bed just for fun

Look out, your cat is about to fall down a giant tunnel!

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Vim Fuego posted:

That is some A+ cat side eye

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Came into the bathroom right as I was about to use it. She then refused to leave and she watched me do my thing. Little weirdo.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Woke up to find a crusted-on patch of barf on the couch. Just glad it was on the center of the cushion.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

dean and patrick, my dumb baby girls i got to replace jasper when he was 18
he's 20 and still going strong so they live at my parent's house lol
today dean got stuck behind a door and patrick watched her

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Anderson Koopa posted:

Came into the bathroom right as I was about to use it. She then refused to leave and she watched me do my thing. Little weirdo.

If your cat hasn't done this do you really have a cat? I think it's impossible.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Yelled at me for no particular reason

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Mx. posted:

dean and patrick, my dumb baby girls i got to replace jasper when he was 18
he's 20 and still going strong so they live at my parent's house lol
today dean got stuck behind a door and patrick watched her

Your folks are completely fearless for keeping multiple cats in a house with a leather sofa

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Sat in between my feet and gradually but obviously deliberately stretched to push one off the couch.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

I woke up early from a nightmare and before I even made it to the top of the stairs she was there, rubbing against my legs and purring. :kimchi:

I am heartless and made everyone wait for their normal breakfast time.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Tried some of my scrambled eggs - he really liked them. For some reason he doesn't vibe with italian sausage.

Quadramind
Dec 8, 2011

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

ChickenHeart posted:

Your folks are completely fearless for keeping multiple cats in a house with a leather sofa

right?? it's somehow the one piece of furniture those cats dont destroy. weird cats.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

About ready to pounce.

I love playing this game with her where I hide just out of view. It really gets her going to play and pounce after me, obviously she loves it too. :D

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

About ready to pounce.

I love playing this game with her where I hide just out of view. It really gets her going to play and pounce after me, obviously she loves it too. :D

Just practice for the inevitable day she has to take you out for real.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
Sonny was sitting on the chair waiting for me to get home yesterday.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

The Hambulance posted:

Sonny was sitting on the chair waiting for me to get home yesterday.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Attacked his reflection in the TV. Yes he is an orange cat, thanks for asking.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

that cat isn't even crosseyed, he's just got some bigass pupils there. very handsome too.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

She "cleaned" the counters by knocking things off of them. Cleaning floors is apparently beyond the scope of her practice.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Mx. posted:

right?? it's somehow the one piece of furniture those cats dont destroy. weird cats.

My leather recliner is the only unclawed piece of furniture in my home. Some cats hate leather, I guess.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

he likes it if i scratch the back of his ear for him because it's hard for him to reach these days

just sits there and wiggles his back leg as though he's the one scratching it

Jenova
Dec 3, 2009

HONK.
Fallen Rib
This absolute goblin managed to out-do himself this week (OK, not technically today, but Tuesday).

As I was rummaging in the freezer looking for something unhealthy, he waited until I had opened the lowest freezer drawer and had fished out the ice-cream, and as I stood up to put the tub on the worktop, he jumped into the drawer. As he is a "big lad", his weight made the drawer fall out, which startled him, making him wail and scramble away with all claws out - right onto my foot.

As I stood there, whimpering and waiting for the pain to subside, he watched unsympathetically from the kitchen doorway. When I figured that I could use my foot again, I went to put the drawer back in the freezer, didn't realise that I was bleeding everywhere, and slipped over in a small pool of my own blood. As I laid there wondering what the gently caress was going on in my life, he walked over, licked a bit of the blood off the floor, and then sodded off again.

One plaster and a bit of floor mopping later, he joined me on the sofa to demand a taste of the ice-cream. He displayed no remorse for his crimes. Yes, he did get a taste of ice-cream. I am a complete pushover.

As I write this, with him draped over my lap, he has just shouted himself awake and now needs reassurance cuddles. Cats!! :mad:

EDIT: I fail at adding pictures from Imgur. Should work now...

Jenova fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jan 5, 2024

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

One of the kittens* stepped on the stove after I used it to make lunch. He seemed fine after a couple minutes, no visible blisters or anything, so no worries there. Hopefully he learns his lesson and stops jumping on the dang counter!

*They’re 8 months old now so they’re looking more like cats than kittens these days. Hell, they’re both larger than the 8 year old cat already.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

gah drat that's a bigass cat Jenova

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Jenova posted:

This absolute goblin managed to out-do himself this week (OK, not technically today, but Tuesday).

As I was rummaging in the freezer looking for something unhealthy, he waited until I had opened the lowest freezer drawer and had fished out the ice-cream, and as I stood up to put the tub on the worktop, he jumped into the drawer. As he is a "big lad", his weight made the drawer fall out, which startled him, making him wail and scramble away with all claws out - right onto my foot.

As I stood there, whimpering and waiting for the pain to subside, he watched unsympathetically from the kitchen doorway. When I figured that I could use my foot again, I went to put the drawer back in the freezer, didn't realise that I was bleeding everywhere, and slipped over in a small pool of my own blood. As I laid there wondering what the gently caress was going on in my life, he walked over, licked a bit of the blood off the floor, and then sodded off again.

One plaster and a bit of floor mopping later, he joined me on the sofa to demand a taste of the ice-cream. He displayed no remorse for his crimes. Yes, he did get a taste of ice-cream. I am a complete pushover.

As I write this, with him draped over my lap, he has just shouted himself awake and now needs reassurance cuddles. Cats!! :mad:

EDIT: I fail at adding pictures from Imgur. Should work now...

That cat has tasted your blood.

Your time is limited.

Jenova
Dec 3, 2009

HONK.
Fallen Rib

runchild posted:

One of the kittens* stepped on the stove after I used it to make lunch. He seemed fine after a couple minutes, no visible blisters or anything, so no worries there. Hopefully he learns his lesson and stops jumping on the dang counter!

*They’re 8 months old now so they’re looking more like cats than kittens these days. Hell, they’re both larger than the 8 year old cat already.

Oh man, they never learn. My big guy decided he would run across the front of the worktop whilst I was using the hob (I turned to reach something on the other counter - didn't even move my feet, just leant to one side). There was a squawk and a thump as he jumped off and ran in circles for a moment. Thank god for him having long thick fur, he was only singed on his side, not burnt. Damp towels were applied until it was evident it was just fur that took the brunt of the flame, but the smell of burned hair hung around for ages. Poor baby.

I never use the front burners any more! Glad your kitty was ok!

Toxic Mental posted:

gah drat that's a bigass cat Jenova

Hah, 16lbs at present! He's 2 years old now, so I think he's done growing. He's mostly Maine Coon, but not pedigree. Still heavy enough to knock the air out of me when he decides to use me as a trampoline at 3am.

wesleywillis posted:

That cat has tasted your blood.

Your time is limited.

It's not even the first time he's done that. He loves to bite my feet, and last year he had a spectacular chomp on me. When I'd detached him from my ankle, he had blood on his mouth and did that "I need to give this a real big sniff" Flehmen face. Was rather expecting him to ask for fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

runchild posted:

I am so grateful that Clarence, at 14 months old, hasn’t realised he can jump on to the counter. He absolutely could, but it so far hasn’t occurred to him. Possibly because Aunty Trundles at 14 years (and formerly very overweight, she’s lost 3kg since I adopted her at 11 years old is now a healthy 5.5kg) is way past that kind of jump. Long may he not realise he can do that.
He’s not a ginger boy, but he has a timeshare in the ginger cat brain cell, which is sometimes a curse and most times a very entertaining blessing.

E: goddamnit Clarence, don’t eat the hop vine

Shithouse Dave fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jan 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

my rear end in a top hat cat jumping on the counter up to 19 years old, stealing all my god drat bread

idk if he can still do it at 20 but i try not to tempt him by leaving bread out anymore

i did see him do a running leap onto the table when he thought my housemate might let him eat their dinner (he was wrong)