Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Spacebump posted:

This is also a bad response when people pretend KG was better than Dirk.

He was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

If Doc coaches the lakers... I don't know. I might need to take a break from basketball.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Chronicles posted:

If Doc coaches the lakers... I don't know. I might need to take a break from basketball.

I think it would be good comedy at least.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

why not just make lebron coach

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i love my liege but something tells me the players might not be receptive to him asking for defensive effort

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i just think it would be really cool to have a player/coach.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

Coach AND GM LeBron just to one up Bill Russell

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

R.D. Mangles posted:

CBA no longer allows it.

---

I am somewhat split on all of this because I don't love the adjustments the Lakers make and some of the rotations are head scratching. But in the end like Ham isn't going to make open jumpers.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

hire magic as a figurehead coach who can just zoom in for post-game press conferences.

"coach magic, how do you explain the defensive breakdowns out there?"

"good question. Karl-Anthony Towns had 31 points and 14 rebounds, so we were not playing good defense on him. But watch out for Rudy Gobert! He had 10 points, which really added up to a tough loss at 109-97."

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I need a hq clip of that Wemby block on Giannis

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Am I missing a major roster addition or is Doc->Nurse this decade's M Jackson->Kerr upgrade

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

hire magic as a figurehead coach who can just zoom in for post-game press conferences.

"coach magic, how do you explain the defensive breakdowns out there?"

"good question. Karl-Anthony Towns had 31 points and 14 rebounds, so we were not playing good defense on him. But watch out for Rudy Gobert! He had 10 points, which really added up to a tough loss at 109-97."

Remember when the Knicks were gonna try and let Phil Jackson only coach home games or something? This is INNOVATION

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Tae posted:

Am I missing a major roster addition or is Doc->Nurse this decade's M Jackson->Kerr upgrade

More like addition by subtraction. Less Harden and more Maxey!

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Doc looks like he's perpetually confused by what he's seeing, like at any moment he's gonna pull an assistant coach aside and ask him what all these plays are that 76ers running are all about.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Tae posted:

The Doc -> Nurse transition is a funny concept that I feel like was underappreciated for its semiotic appeal.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

DeimosRising posted:

on the one hand, yay paolo, on the other hand, lol kyle kuzma right above him

who the heck is voting for kyle kuzma lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Rick posted:

I am somewhat split on all of this because I don't love the adjustments the Lakers make and some of the rotations are head scratching. But in the end like Ham isn't going to make open jumpers.

he isnt even taking enough open jumpers to start making them

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Tae posted:

Doc lead Philly to 3rd in the East on a 65% win rate. Now Nick Nurse is leading philly to.... 3rd in the East on a 70% win rate....

I guess its a positive with Harden gone, but roster continuity helps too. But generally seems like mostly the same team. Obv Philly got booted from the playoffs by a really good Boston team in the 2nd round. If they playoffs started today I'd expect.... they'd get beat by a really good celtics team in the 2nd round. But who knows!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/YahooSports/status/1743143089710207481

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Lol Warriors

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Cut to Curry furiously chewing on his retainer like a dumbass

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
The Warriors can't play any better than that. 54% from the field, 40% from 3, 6 players in double figures, Curry with 30, Klay with 20+ on 50%FG, only 10 turnovers. And they lost.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Papercut posted:

The Warriors can't play any better than that. 54% from the field, 40% from 3, 6 players in double figures, Curry with 30, Klay with 20+ on 50%FG, only 10 turnovers. And they lost.

Kerr decided to bench Kuminga and run 3 guard lineups so hats off to him

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Papercut posted:

Third highest scorer so no minutes in the fourth. Thanks Kerr

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

I'm so glad I turned the game back on, what an ending

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/kendra__andrews/status/1720641288926642522?s=20

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

morestuff posted:

Cut to Curry furiously chewing on his retainer like a dumbass
Straight in my veins

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
NIKOLA
JOKIC

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Another warriors meltdown made possible by bad Kerr rotations and a stupid Curry turnover

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I don’t think I’ve ever seen jokic that happy on a basketball court

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

seeing mike malone’s arrogant little goblin walk after that shot kinda ruins the moment lmao

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

nachos posted:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen jokic that happy on a basketball court

He didn’t have to play 5 more minutes

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

:lol: that Jokic appears to hate this game while doing that.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Papercut posted:

owned.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Curry would rather turn the ball over than pass it to CP3 with the game on the line

https://twitter.com/lucrodontmiss/status/1743146133218578905

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Papercut posted:

I need a hq clip of that Wemby block on Giannis

Not HQ but holy poo poo gimme 10+ years of these two going at it.

https://twitter.com/HoopMixOnly/status/1743102969116021041

Giannis gave him the full shoulder+elbow treatment and still got the ball shoved down his throat.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

Curry would rather turn the ball over than pass it to CP3 with the game on the line

https://twitter.com/lucrodontmiss/status/1743146133218578905

He missed as many shots in the 4th as Jokic has missed in his last four games combined

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
https://twitter.com/pac12/status/1743113916782190725

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

kingcobweb posted:

He missed as many shots in the 4th as Jokic has missed in his last four games combined

Holy heck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

nice