Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Margot must suffer, I guess.

I'm pumped for the finale

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Lol at RDM throwing shade via Dani saying there are only 3 Trek series in 2003.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
So Ed and Dani are both 100% dying in the finale, yeah? Ed’s pretty much got closure to his entire arc and Dani had that message to her stepson that was incredibly thick with the “just 2 days from retirement” vibe.

I really don’t want to lose either of these characters, especially Dani

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Hed posted:

I caught this as well lmao

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I want some in-universe ST episodes.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I really don’t want to lose either of these characters, especially Dani

toss them in the fuckin' trash, the idea of the writers having to somehow bend season 5 to accommodate more geriatric shenanigans from either one is completely absurd

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Now I'm trying to work out which of the show's regulars would have been most likely to awkwardly cameo in a Star Trek episode, like a 00's politician in a Parks and Rec.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

toss them in the fuckin' trash, the idea of the writers having to somehow bend season 5 to accommodate more geriatric shenanigans from either one is completely absurd

Danielle’s not even 60 :wtc:

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Danielle’s not even 60 :wtc:

in tv years that's like 800

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

in tv years that's like 800

Toss Ed, give Dani the lead and promote Massey.

Also, gently caress you, show.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Open Source Idiom posted:

Now I'm trying to work out which of the show's regulars would have been most likely to awkwardly cameo in a Star Trek episode, like a 00's politician in a Parks and Rec.

Big Love would've 1000000% made a cameo, maybe paid to have a cameo
Tracy maybe would've been booked one?

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
By the way, there’s essentially no risk of that asteroid hitting Earth. Here’s how it works. That Ranger burn lowers the orbit of the asteroid until it’s in place to intersect Earth. If that burn has to be 20 minutes exactly, then there’s a point at 19:50 something where it’ll bang on into Earth. hitting earth directly is classic hitting a bullet with a bullet stuff, it won’t happen accidentally. It’s hard enough to do when we want it to happen.

We also know that NASA did DART way earlier, so if Ranger exploded they could get something up very fast and just hit it. It’s not a big concern. Don’t worry about it. I haven’t finished S04E09 so if it’s suddenly become one, well.

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.

Hed posted:

The show established that the Phase II series actually happened, so they would have been that, TOS, and (presumably) TNG.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

- Kelly's work on the alien life deal being in an asteroid crater is foreshadowing that Ranger hitting Mars is either going to hit in the crater right as they get meaningful results, or that it'll unearth something unexpected and cool biologically

- That's yet another mention of the Crystal Palace thing. Is this just a viewer convenience reference or something more?!

So many things are coming to a loggerhead to create the perfect storm. Out of directionless plodding fires a rocket speeding towards its destination with purpose and inclination

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
Regarding Sergei - I think the assassin is loving up the staged suicide, right? The hand he's planting the gun in is opposite side of the entry wound.

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.

alexandriao posted:

- Kelly's work on the alien life deal being in an asteroid crater is foreshadowing that Ranger hitting Mars is either going to hit in the crater right as they get meaningful results, or that it'll unearth something unexpected and cool biologically

My prediction: The effort to divert the asteroid to Mars will fail, but Kelly will discover life, ensuring Mars remains an important part of the space program.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

mr. unhsib posted:

Regarding Sergei - I think the assassin is loving up the staged suicide, right? The hand he's planting the gun in is opposite side of the entry wound.

I thought the same thing but then he fixed it. Watching it again. I don't even understand what the guy is doing. Is he trying to get finger prints from both hands to make it seem like Sergei was handling it a bunch before shooting himself? Also it seems like the cops would be able to see if there was any gun shot residue on his hand. Oh well, at least he was saved from having to eat McDonalds..

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jan 5, 2024

Wheeljack
Jul 12, 2021
Things went wrong in a variety of unexpected ways this time, and may well again.

Cojawfee posted:

I thought the same thing but then he fixed it. Watching it again. I don't even understand what the guy is doing. Is he trying to get finger prints from both hands to make it seem like Sergei was handling it a bunch before shooting himself? Also it seems like the cops would be able to see if there was any gun shot residue on his hand. Oh well, at least he was saved from having to eat McDonalds..

Well, no powder residue will be notable, as is a foreign defector killing himself in a hotel room far from home, and just before eating dinner. I was surprised he didn't leave the gun sitting on top of his body, which is a KGB trademark. But it doesn't have to be an airtight cover-up, just enough confusion to slow things down until Margo is out of the country. And they may have a low opinion of US local law enforcement. Gorby's reforms would mean that a lot of younger KGB people didn't get to do very much cloak and dagger stuff until the last year or so, and certainly not in the US.

Now, what are they going to do to cover up the death of Best Korea Internal Security Man? Probably have been easier before he made a scene in the command center.

What the heck to the North Koreans contribute to the operation of Happy Valley anyway? They keep to themselves to run espionage, they don't contribute ships or manpower or expertise. I can see them getting a spot because they were first, but that's only going to go so far.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

They contribute plot

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

The burger scene was so bad, I just kept forwarding it waiting for Sergei to get shot. loving hacks.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Definitely an episode setting us up for the finale

We now know why Miles wasn't involved in any of the strike scenes - "I never supported the strikes!" (bit convenient for the guy in charge of the smuggling operation)

Agree on the North Koreans, not really sure what they're contributing other than squatting on their turf

Ed (and Dani) getting his little emotional speech is definitely setting him up for a death, though I would kind of like the character's arc to end in what he feared the most. Somehow getting him back on Earth and in a home would be quite the ending for the man who's done it all

Definitely something going to happen with the crater and the asteroid. The heist is going to be dumb (why did it take Sam weeks to figure out she just needed to put a bit of glue in the receiver?) but we're getting set up for quite the episode I think.

Poor Sergei. Margo is going to have a bad last episode.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Unless the finale is like 2 hours long, I don't see the show wrapping all these dangling lines up very well.

alexandriao posted:

- That's yet another mention of the Crystal Palace thing. Is this just a viewer convenience reference or something more?!

Obviously,

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Rappaport posted:

Unless the finale is like 2 hours long, I don't see the show wrapping all these dangling lines up very well.

1:16 runtime for the finale.

I'm wondering how big the clear out at the end of this season is gonna be in terms of characters. There don't seem to be many main characters who could be expected to be the central POV characters after another decade time jump.

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
Next season is just going to be the first season of an adaptation of Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars trilogy. :getin:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Kelly's kid is obviously gonna be the star of next season. He's the first Martian!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Oh man, season 3 kicked off with a bang, what an episode. Too bad it had all that crap with Karen and Danny.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Ed will get his brain placed into Alex. Either that or some sort of cybernetic implant that causes Alex to see a hologram version of Ed, Johnny Silverhands style.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Can I get Molly Cobb's husband put into my Johnny Silverhands chip instead?

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Cojawfee posted:

Ed will get his brain placed into Alex. Either that or some sort of cybernetic implant that causes Alex to see a hologram version of Ed, Johnny Silverhands style.

"Wake the gently caress up, astronaut. We've got an asteroid to burn."

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
margo knows you can order a burger without lettuce right

Vakal
May 11, 2008

kiminewt posted:

The burger scene was so bad, I just kept forwarding it waiting for Sergei to get shot. loving hacks.

Turns out the assassin was hired by Burger King.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I feel kind of bad for the random wife Sergei had a seemingly nice thing going on with. Rip, he was cool.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
S3E2, oh my God someone get this kid some help. Is he going to carve Karen's name in his arm next?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's very funny that this show, this show of all shows, feels it necessary to tee up this episode with "an inside man." "...OR WOMAN :smug:"

Like remember that the whole premise in S1 was "Russia beats us to the moon so we do the space race but with women :monocle:"? Do these writers??

Sch
Nov 17, 2005

bla bla blaufos!bla bla blaconspiracies!bla bla bla
God, what a boring episode. Can't wait for next week, hopefully we'll finally get to see Margo eating a hamburger for a full hour.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
So there’s going to be pushback for Miles’ “interview”, right? Having the KGB/CIA guys go all, well, KGB/CIA on him has got to have consequences, I can’t see Danielle being happy someone straight up got beat on her watch

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

So there’s going to be pushback for Miles’ “interview”, right? Having the KGB/CIA guys go all, well, KGB/CIA on him has got to have consequences, I can’t see Danielle being happy someone straight up got beat on her watch

She told the two guys to do stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I don't think the show has really laid out the ground-rules on how laws work on Mars. Or if they did I missed it. If the CIA and NKVD both take turns beating up Milosh, who'd provide the push-back? Does Helios own any of the infrastructure of Happy Valley, or did they just sell it to NASA and Roscosmos and are now renting the lovely Down-Below for their plebs? They shipped Pot Bear's lady to India to face a court case, so is Happy Valley neutral ground? A no man's land? International space waters?

In our universe, what happens if there's a fisticuffs on the ISS? Who has jurisdiction?