Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

my casual fan friend's favourite AEW wrestler is, and I quote, "the huge japanese guy who comes out to drone"

a person of exquisite taste imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

if i was tiny con, i'd be strapping up Takeshita ASAP, the dude is money. think of how cool he'd look with donk alice coming out holding his many belts

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

if takeshita isn't wrestling at least once every week then i think it's safe to say aew deserves cancellation and everyone involved out of a job

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Takeshita was pretty weedy before like 2 or so years ago

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I hate saying this about dudes but he needs to *jr voice* tack on some mass. he's a bit too weedy looking when he's going around with the shirt open

ricky not takeshita, that dude is loving huge lol

He looks like a comic book character with his build, it's ridiculous

Takeshita that is

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

if takeshita isn't wrestling Darby at least once every week then i think it's safe to say aew deserves cancellation and everyone involved out of a job

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

yea ok posted:

if takeshita isn't wrestling at least once every week then i think it's safe to say aew deserves cancellation and everyone involved out of a job

harsh but frankly, its fair

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

apophenium posted:

Ricky Stanks doesn't do anything for me either. His theme is great but that's about it. His pose is dorky his signature ropewalk hip thrust spot is stupid and I just don't buy him as any kind of star. The matches w/ Danielson were good though. Maybe I liked him better as a face, idk

I also don't see it in Ricky Starks. I really tried to give him a chance. He's gotten hit with some real bad booking luck sometimes and he's fine in the ring, but he's just doesn't have it right now to be a top guy.

Another guy who I really, really tried to like is Hangman. Also has been hit by some bad booking luck sometimes and he's technically pretty good in the ring, but he also doesn't do it for me. When he beat Kenny for the title I really gave him a chance because of the fabled wonderful storyline that had started years before I had watched, but eh.

They are both ehs. Hangman's ceiling is higher than Starks imo, tho.

Better booking would have helped both guys, but I don't see either one being a top guy. And you can't just blame booking because Swerve had his share of bad booking and he's the assumed next world champion and everyone is on board with it.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

I hate saying this about dudes but he needs to *jr voice* tack on some mass. he's a bit too weedy looking when he's going around with the shirt open

Get him on that Brian Cage diet of, uhh, "chicken breast and egg whites"

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Basically any wrestler on a downswing can improve by getting insanely jacked

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ricky is great.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i really like ricky's promos but i've been mostly unimpressed with his work except vs danielson which doesn't count

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

neoaxd posted:

Eatin' clean, pissin' dirty

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

sure this is it

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

We're literally years into Hangman being a top guy

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Gumball Gumption posted:

We're literally years into Hangman being a top guy

He's a JTTS.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

lol no

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

He's a JTTS.

Oh yeah you're thinking of the other blond guy from the Elite. He hasn't been in AEW for a bit though.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

apophenium posted:

Ricky Stanks doesn't do anything for me either. His theme is great but that's about it. His pose is dorky his signature ropewalk hip thrust spot is stupid and I just don't buy him as any kind of star. The matches w/ Danielson were good though. Maybe I liked him better as a face, idk

thank fuckin god we're finally allowed to saw it around here. had a great match with danielson but hell who doesnt. never got it.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

neoaxd posted:

tren hard, eat clen, anavar give up

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i dont hate to say it all. but hell, im what you'd call a size king. love the big guys.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

1glitch0 posted:

I also don't see it in Ricky Starks. I really tried to give him a chance. He's gotten hit with some real bad booking luck sometimes and he's fine in the ring, but he's just doesn't have it right now to be a top guy.

Another guy who I really, really tried to like is Hangman. Also has been hit by some bad booking luck sometimes and he's technically pretty good in the ring, but he also doesn't do it for me. When he beat Kenny for the title I really gave him a chance because of the fabled wonderful storyline that had started years before I had watched, but eh.

They are both ehs. Hangman's ceiling is higher than Starks imo, tho.

Better booking would have helped both guys, but I don't see either one being a top guy. And you can't just blame booking because Swerve had his share of bad booking and he's the assumed next world champion and everyone is on board with it.

It's the Hell thread so I shan't yum your yuk, in this case, but if you can imagine a baseball manager throwing a fit and kicking up dust on home plate that's me reading this post.

Ricky feels like a victim of bad booking, Hangman feels like bad booking combined with not having anywhere to take the anxious millennial babyface character after getting to the top.

I'm inclined to agree with others that the constant stop/start with Ricky has probably done enough damage that he'll look elsewhere. Hard to blame him, even if I don't see a greener pasture elsewhere.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

post hole digger posted:

lmao

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I think Ricky is good but I think he has a higher ceiling as a sports entertainer than he does a wrestler.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

post hole digger posted:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I think Ricky is good but I think he has a higher ceiling as a sports entertainer than he does a wrestler.

AEW needs both

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ricky is better as a passionate babyface who's extremely confident and braggadocious to heels but in the ring is always taped up and getting the gently caress beaten out of him than he is as a smarmy douchebag heel. I really thought the idea was Ricky would turn heel for a little while to give Punk somebody to feud with while they were getting Collision off the ground, then they'd do a double turn when Punk was ready to go heel, but he's just been a heel and he's in this extremely weird miscast role as heel tag team champs with Big Cass and I dooooo not get it. Don't get it at all.

I dunno why FTR dropped the belts to 'em in the first place. I dunno why FTR hasn't won 'em back yet. Whole thing is just weird.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

neoaxd posted:

lol he's already on enough gear he had to get gyno surgery.

Also, you're looking for "one chicken breast, two asparagus" :v:

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

MJeff posted:

Ricky is better as a passionate babyface who's extremely confident and braggadocious to heels but in the ring is always taped up and getting the gently caress beaten out of him than he is as a smarmy douchebag heel. I really thought the idea was Ricky would turn heel for a little while to give Punk somebody to feud with while they were getting Collision off the ground, then they'd do a double turn when Punk was ready to go heel, but he's just been a heel and he's in this extremely weird miscast role as heel tag team champs with Big Cass and I dooooo not get it. Don't get it at all.

I dunno why FTR dropped the belts to 'em in the first place. I dunno why FTR hasn't won 'em back yet. Whole thing is just weird.

AEW needs to do a big loving tag tournament to remind themselves that they have good tag teams.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

yea ok posted:

been yellin about no takeshita matches for a while now, and im at this point with it. book takeshita or perish

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

my casual fan friend's favourite AEW wrestler is, and I quote, "the huge japanese guy who comes out to drone"

mines was mjf and him losing to joe killed the promotion for her. I could see the fandom dying in her eys as his hand fell the third time. Tony Khan must pay for his crimes

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Squall posted:

AEW needs to do a big loving tag tournament to remind themselves that they have good tag teams.

This because I've

dromal phrenia posted:

been yellin about no tag matches for a while now, and im at this point with it. book tag matches or perish

:hai:

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

the bucks booked the tag division up until you personally think it started to suck. Tony killed their love of killing the business and he must pay

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Takeshita and Hobbs is such a cool tag team, just massive dudes who wear cool clothes and have lats the size of their legs and come out to 30hz.wav and get paintings commissioned of them. It's sick

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

Takeshita and Hobbs is such a cool tag team, just massive dudes who wear cool clothes and have lats the size of their legs and come out to 30hz.wav and get paintings commissioned of them. It's sick

it's so sick

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Don't like all this positivity in the Hell thread :(

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

those paintings were incredible looking

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

forkboy84 posted:

Don't like all this positivity in the Hell thread :(

Hell thread isn't about negativity it's about honesty and honesty is that Takeshita and Hobbes are loving sick.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

MJeff posted:

Hell thread isn't about negativity it's about honesty and honesty is that Takeshita is loving sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yea ok posted:

hearty agree