Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Bats can carry rabies in the same way nine-banded armadillos can carry leprosy; sure, they can carry it, but not every single goddamn one of them is a slavering Nurgle plague-beast. Chill the gently caress out about the bat rabies, Mark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

IIRC, the problem is that the kinds of bats you're likely to have a contact encounter with (acting erratically, out during the day) are also the ones most likely to be ill? And rabies isn't really a "wait and see" disease, it's a "get your rear end to the hospital and pray you're within the prophylactic window" disease. I agree that bats need better press, but treating bat injuries as potential rabies exposures is a good idea!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Saoshyant posted:

Now that's a drat weird car.

That picture feels like a photoshopped optical illusion. I'm sure in person I could parse the lines.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Copper Ma, refusing to get owned, by killing Planck in front of hundreds of live witnesses.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Mexikid Stories

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Don't be foolish; there's not way Planck can be dead.

Not when we have such a perfect setup for an Amnesia Plotline!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I admit I don't know a lot about the rules of baseball- what does him getting cracked right in the brainpan mean for the teams? What happens here, rules-wise?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I admit I don't know a lot about the rules of baseball- what does him getting cracked right in the brainpan mean for the teams? What happens here, rules-wise?

ball is still live regardless of braining him, if it lands in his glove before touching the ground the batter is out, otherwise someone else has to dig it out of his skull and throw to a base to tag a runner out

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

god drat dude

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I can't remember the last time a thread has had me on the edge of my seat like this :stare:

Raskolnikov38 posted:

ball is still live regardless of braining him, if it lands in his glove before touching the ground the batter is out, otherwise someone else has to dig it out of his skull and throw to a base to tag a runner out

Much obliged for the explanation!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Jesus Christ Demons O'Baseball

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

I want to piss and poo poo on this fuckin comic

Figuratively

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

Phantom shot old man Mozz. Finally.

At last, our long nightmare has ended.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Haifisch posted:

Mexikid Stories

Awww no happy reunion with Little Pumpkin Seed Girl. But at least Mom made 20 pesos off the deal. (This is a good strip; I'm sorry to hear about Old Mexico's ghost problems.)

Rose is Rose

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

JethroMcB posted:

Awww no happy reunion with Little Pumpkin Seed Girl. But at least Mom made 20 pesos off the deal. (This is a good strip; I'm sorry to hear about Old Mexico's ghost problems.)

The line about the town horses killed me.

Moomin lock are a thing apparently?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqt0EMKrT7o

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Strontium posted:

Daddy Daze

I feel like this is leading to a reveal where this dude has no family, just a lot of one-sided conversations with hallucinations of loved ones

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (February 02, 2002)

Rae the Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Zippy The Pinhead

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

loving die screaming.

Retail really manages to work up the ole anger.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

His Divine Shadow posted:

loving die screaming.

Retail really manages to work up the ole anger.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I hope Josh catches fire.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

The snow outside really makes this one

Mexikid is very good!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Steamboat era Mickey, now with S*P-voice.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

goatface posted:

Steamboat era Mickey, now with S*P-voice.

It is remarkable how quickly he slipped back into it. It really seems to be the only thing he can write.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Giant Ethicist posted:

We Are Reproducing

She talks about it a bit more later in the context of bumping into things, but Uchida is showing a (IME) pretty standard Japanese child-rearing view here of “if I stop the cat from biting him he’ll never learn that cats can bite”. The fleas I have no excuse for.

Erm, shouldn't this be spoiler'd re. nudity?

Anyways, Corto Maltese:

Blueberry

Samovar fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Jan 6, 2024

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Tiggum posted:

It is remarkable how quickly he slipped back into it. It really seems to be the only thing he can write.
He has been doing it since... 2001. :v:

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Samovar posted:

Erm, shouldn't this be spoiler'd re. nudity?
Ahh yeah, I've all gotten used to it, sorry.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

What do you mean, you wish “WE could have kept them”, Lynn Ellie? The puppies weren’t at your house in the first place, AND you didn’t even want to get one of them for April for Christmas.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

What do you mean, you wish “WE could have kept them”, Lynn Ellie? The puppies weren’t at your house in the first place, AND you didn’t even want to get one of them for April for Christmas.

Some days, she doesn't even know why she gaslights. It just comes naturally.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 1/5/04

Stephen Collins

Comic Strips 2024: enormous wazzock.

Brenda Starr 5/19-21/52

Smokey Stover 1/11/59

Everyday Movies 2/12/37

"I lost twenty dollars on a free tip, but I had a pass to get in, so I figure I only lost seventeen eighty all told."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 11/16-18/42

Mean old Uncle Jeff is a ... wealthy artist? Okay.

Closer Than We Think! 1/11/59

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Getting mad in advance about Weegee losing all her cash. Or maybe they'll realize money doesn't trump love when it's gone. Oh well.

Jucika "484 - Jucika And The Train"

"485 - Jucika And The Guard"

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

So i dropped off the last thread around july last year and have one important question:

davidspackage posted:

At last, our long nightmare has ended.

is the phantom still doing the same story line?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

So i dropped off the last thread around july last year and have one important question:

is the phantom still doing the same story line?

Yes but we're out of flashbacks. I think it's finally loving wrapping up.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Now Mozz is going to tell us what's going to happen

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Antivehicular posted:

IIRC, the problem is that the kinds of bats you're likely to have a contact encounter with (acting erratically, out during the day) are also the ones most likely to be ill? And rabies isn't really a "wait and see" disease, it's a "get your rear end to the hospital and pray you're within the prophylactic window" disease. I agree that bats need better press, but treating bat injuries as potential rabies exposures is a good idea!

Yeah, the average person isn't likely to encounter a bat unless A: it's out in daylight like this which would mean it's ill or B: there's an established colony in your house and one gets through to your living space. The latter is a big risk because bat bites are so small, you can't always tell if one's bitten you or another person while asleep. It's not always a "get rabies vaccines immediately" problem, but you should consult with a doctor if you come in contact with one (or any unexpected wildlife encounter, really).

Bats do have a higher risk of carrying rabies than some other animals in the United States, even if the inverse (most bats aren't rabid) is also true. https://www.cdc.gov/rabies/animals/bats/index.html

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Feb. 12, 1961)

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Val's face in panel 6 is a look that just screams "God ain't stealing *this* kill from me."

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!
Pluggers

I guess any man who doesn't have somewhere to be is a Plugger?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Nothing Like A Healthy Dose Of Formative Trauma To Help A Kid Learn "Don't Do That"

(please do not take that seriously. I believe in letting children make mistakes and learn from them, it's intrinsic to growing up and learning. I mostly mean in circumstances where the learning experience is more important than the consequences of the mistake. I would not legitimately wish almost being killed and eaten on a child as a learning experience. Unless it's Calvin. That six year old's got moxie and a tiger on his side, he clearly deserves eve-[dragged offstage by a public relations agent])

HOORAY, NO THREAT TO THE STATUS QUO WHATSOEVER! GOD FORBID ANYTHING HAPPEN OR CHANGE! OUR MILLION YEAR EMPIRE WILL LAST FOREVER!

Alright Fine You Got Me, This Was Well Constructed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Peanuts (January 8, 1977)

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Li'l Abner (July 22-24, 1935)

Thimble Theater (August 10, 1940)

Out Our Way (September 30-October 2, 1943)

(e: because Peanuts isn't Sally Forth a second time)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jan 6, 2024