Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Tried for Ruan Mei, took ~80 rolls for Himiko E1. If I just won 50% of the 50/50s my team would be substantially better. I think I have won 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Endorph posted:

i cant believe how bad erudition is!!!
Thanks for interpreting.

Erudition is great. My Jing Yuan, Quinque, and Argenti loving wreck poo poo. I just don't have good aoe fire or ice, and trying to force weakness with SW and QQ against the first half of 11 side 2 comes down to too much rng.

Even selecting for my best remaining gear, my Herta has 2,900 attack and 80/109 crit. And I don't have an ice orb, so that's with an attack one. It's just not enough to burst down the ape and IPC fast enough.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

here's my Ruan Mei
choose the HP set, since its like she's giving buffs to everything else, throw atk in as well!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad Video Games posted:

Thanks for interpreting.

Erudition is great. My Jing Yuan, Quinque, and Argenti loving wreck poo poo. I just don't have good aoe fire or ice, and trying to force weakness with SW and QQ against the first half of 11 side 2 comes down to too much rng.

Even selecting for my best remaining gear, my Herta has 2,900 attack and 80/109 crit. And I don't have an ice orb, so that's with an attack one. It's just not enough to burst down the ape and IPC fast enough.
i wasnt making fun of you to be clear just joking about people saying AOE was bad previously. your situation is understandable and i did not mean to impugn upon it

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Endorph posted:

i wasnt making fun of you to be clear just joking about people saying AOE was bad previously. your situation is understandable and i did not mean to impugn upon it

It's good. I'm honestly not even sure if Guinaifen would help because I'd want her and Pela. Which means I'm still kind of screwed because I'd drop Herta before Topaz. If I could only find an extra 15-20 speed for my Topaz team because they're all hovering around 125. It takes them 10 cycles to wipe the stupid Deer. My Jing Yuan team knocks out Geppy in 5, but they all have over 140 speed except Clara. :)

It also really sucks because I have 2 cracked af Attack boots with great subs, but I need the speed to be able to have a chance of 5 cycles or less. And my Speed boots all universally suck rear end.

Like, I really can't find a decent rotation for the second side. I can't burst down any single unit with any sort of speed, but I can at least keep all of the IPC adds broken.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 6, 2024

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I feel like I'm drowning in side-quests. I just finished Belabong's main story I think, I'm supposed to follow up at the train and get ready for the next assignment, but there's still a zillion things to do on the planet and a ton of new things at the space station. What should I prioritize? I'm 40, ascended most of my mains but haven't XP'd them up yet.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
let the spirit move you

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

got the obtain 100,000,000 credits in total achievement
its just cumulative, not actually saving up to 100,000,000 lol

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

New Leaf posted:

I feel like I'm drowning in side-quests. I just finished Belabong's main story I think, I'm supposed to follow up at the train and get ready for the next assignment, but there's still a zillion things to do on the planet and a ton of new things at the space station. What should I prioritize? I'm 40, ascended most of my mains but haven't XP'd them up yet.

I’m just about where you are and I’m just doing a little bit of story and then more interesting side quests and having a good time. For me that means the side quests that open up stuff like the critter event (and anything that rewards jade)

Sleng Teng fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 6, 2024

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

New Leaf posted:

I would tighten up Belobog and the space station first. Once you enter the train, you're headed for the Luofu, which is a whole nother world with even more side quests and main story quest.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Also I pulled xuyei in my attempt at Ruan Mei today and she is immediately putting everything in the dumpster, wow

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Sleng Teng posted:

Also I pulled xuyei in my attempt at Ruan Mei today and she is immediately putting everything in the dumpster, wow

I have her but can't figure out what the gently caress she's talking about in combat. "Execute the mara-struck?"

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

it's literally her job as a Judge of the Ten-Lords commission; they make sure none of the long-lived species commit one of the 10 Unpardonable Sins (that pretty much all amount to standard capital offenses plus "trying to become actually immortal")

Involuntary Immortalization
Immortality Theft
Beguilement
Mara Ensnarement
Phratry Murder
Illicit Espionage
Prison Break
Sowing Discord
Incitement to Riot
Capsizing Xianzhou

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Finally managed to limp through Swarm Disaster V a second time.

Elation (team Topaz) and Nihility (Kafka) have cleared it. Figuring out a third path for the final achievement will be tricky, as I've never gotten the hang of Abundance runs.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

New Leaf posted:

I have her but can't figure out what the gently caress she's talking about in combat. "Execute the mara-struck?"

Since she is from the next area of the game, it'll make sense when you start doing that story.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

New Leaf posted:

It's a Xianzhou thing. You'll learn about that on the next planet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

New Leaf posted:

the plot of the next planet

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

delfin posted:

Finally managed to limp through Swarm Disaster V a second time.

Elation (team Topaz) and Nihility (Kafka) have cleared it. Figuring out a third path for the final achievement will be tricky, as I've never gotten the hang of Abundance runs.

If you have Gepard, Preservation is a trivial third win. Quake damage will do so much with Gep shields.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Excelzior posted:

it's literally her job as a Judge of the Ten-Lords commission; they make sure none of the long-lived species commit one of the 10 Unpardonable Sins (that pretty much all amount to standard capital offenses plus "trying to become actually immortal")

Involuntary Immortalization
Immortality Theft
Beguilement
Mara Ensnarement
Phratry Murder
Illicit Espionage
Prison Break
Sowing Discord
Incitement to Riot
Capsizing Xianzhou

how do you capsize a spaceship

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Beat Difficulty IV of the new mode, so next up is V. The main issue that made me come close to losing (and made me lose on the preceding run) is that my Propagation build just had low defense. But my offense was pretty huge - ended up with almost every Propagation blessing.

I was also using a version of the dice that I wasn't a huge fan of - the turn count one. I noticed that it keeps a record for each dice type, so I guess I'll try to win at least once with each type.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

it's just the catchall name for any attempt at damaging the structural integrity of the worldship

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jan 6, 2024

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

If you like Ruan Mei's pets:

https://youtu.be/U5llbwIwd7M?si=zJPrUkJ_9RY6Tzfv

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

New Leaf posted:

Seriously just do what you think looks neat. There's no rush.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

With a spaceberg

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

I want official hoyo brand plushies and I want them now

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Kyrosiris posted:

If you have Gepard, Preservation is a trivial third win. Quake damage will do so much with Gep shields.

Alas, I do not. Closest thing I have to a third lead DPS is E0 Blade, and I haven't gotten anywhere with him outside of a sub-dps role backing up Topaz in Elation.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This video is like some sort of visual ASMR

Seeing the hands gently manipulate things is soothing for some inexplicable reason

edit: Even watching this entire thing, I have no loving idea what they're doing. Particularly when they whip out the "plastic cube with spherical cut-outs"

edit2: This person is very skilled. I wish I had the fine motor control to do stuff like that. I'd be paranoid constantly about my hands just spazzing out and ruining what I was working on.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 6, 2024

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Ytlaya posted:

Particularly when they whip out the "plastic cube with spherical cut-outs"

The ball molds?

What freaks me out is their working space. Way too clean. Where are the half-done projects to get to eventually and random pots of paint

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Traveller posted:

The ball molds?

What freaks me out is their working space. Way too clean. Where are the half-done projects to get to eventually and random pots of paint

Yeah, I now see what they were doing with the balls. It's interesting how they create the cylindrical "body" part.

edit: Is the way this works that it's liquid and then hardens when exposed to UV light?

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, I now see what they were doing with the balls. It's interesting how they create the cylindrical "body" part.

edit: Is the way this works that it's liquid and then hardens when exposed to UV light?

Yeah, that's why the initial resin batches go into those shelves so that they're not exposed to light.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Do we know the order of the repeat banners? I am not that interested in any of the new future characters, but I would not mind Ruan Mei if I could also have enough saved to get Jingliu whenever she gets back since I need non-Yanqing ice damage. Right now I have exactly enough to get to pity, but then I will have 0 jade.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Decided to pull extra to see if I could get E1 for Mei and got Gepard E2. Meh, at least his E3 and E4 are good and closer now.

Time to save this guarantee until the Luocha rerun, probably.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Pain of Mind posted:

Do we know the order of the repeat banners? I am not that interested in any of the new future characters, but I would not mind Ruan Mei if I could also have enough saved to get Jingliu whenever she gets back since I need non-Yanqing ice damage. Right now I have exactly enough to get to pity, but then I will have 0 jade.

We don't know anything except leaks. It's rumored that Jing Yuan will be rerun in 2.0. We'll know for sure during the next Special Program.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

there is no real order. its definitely not in the same order they were released in

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

delfin posted:

Alas, I do not. Closest thing I have to a third lead DPS is E0 Blade, and I haven't gotten anywhere with him outside of a sub-dps role backing up Topaz in Elation.

Blade would definitely work with the Destruction path, he's basically built to get hit, survive, and do damage.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You don't need to use the path's blessings to win with it. If you have a team that works with a certain path you can just target that to win. I just won the set where you boost your path by skipping adjacent cells and I forgot to include a side that let me do that.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Pain of Mind posted:

So far we've got Seele (1.0) in 1.4, SW (1.1) in 1.5, Blade and Kafka (1.2) in 1.6. JY and Luocha (1.0/1.1) are rumored to be rerun in 2.0.

Personally I'm expecting DHIL and FX (1.3) to get reruns in 2.1, meaning they're rerunning 1 patch at a time in order, and JY and Luocha are just outliers to catch things up since 1.4 and 1.5 only had 1 rerun banner. If that's the case then Jingliu and Topaz would probably be in 2.2.

Though even if she's in 2.1, since we get about 90-100 pulls per patch you should still have enough by then to guarantee her

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 7, 2024

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Oh, in Gold and Gears you can bend the system over your knee in several ways. Swarm Disaster, however, is a bit more limiting.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Swarm Disaster is the annoying genre of Roguelikes and Gold and Gears is the fun genre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I remember some people mentioning that a few characters, like Kafka, have a disproportionately strong level-10 trace. Does anyone know off-hand who else is like that? I only go over 9 for the characters I use the absolute most.