Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

teen witch posted:

Happy White Janteenth to you and yours

e. oof what a dumb snipe...:patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

dee eight posted:

What's latin for "hosed around and found out"? It would probably sound pretty good in lawyer jargon. :aslol:

e: google translate says it's: eruditionis circuitu et adinvenit

"Irrumavit sine itinere et adinvenit" would be how I'd translate it, but I'm hardly a professional. That said, I'm pretty sure you'd want to translate "hosed" as some form of "irrumatio" to capture the vulgarity.

EDIT: Missed a word. Was trying to translate the "around" as "without direction", but forgot the "without" part.

Pikavangelist fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jan 7, 2024

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Dude, his hair looks like a Rube Goldberg setup that would crumble into a disaster if not tended to properly

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I'm still lolling, even when I ain't posting.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Watching the piss tape (it's real) while eating filet o fish. Diet coke to wash it down.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Remember, remember, the January 6th
Dont tread on me trampled to death
tazer balls heart attack
and Ashlii got a hole in one

this poem doesnt rhyme.
they indicted meeee

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Catastrophe posted:

Dude, his hair looks like a Rube Goldberg setup that would crumble into a disaster if not tended to properly

His hair is the perfect example of polishing a turd. Someone with immense skill worked very hard but there's only so much that can be done.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
From earlier today in the last thread.

Renreeja posted:

My brother in Law responded with this after I sent him the pants thing, see yall in the next thread

From the time of diagnosis, a patients life expectancy is 7.5 years.

That "First Day of Standing Lessons Meme is about 4.25 years old.

So hopefully the clock ticking.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I need to get my hands on this graphic novel

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

Agents are GO! posted:

Please keep us appraised

He came back for the second shift wearing camo instead of the TRUMP shirt. He was less angry. I thought about asking him about his tattoos and what they mean, but I was too busy cleaning up all the poo poo that erupts out of the packages from Sams Club and Walmart and didnt have time.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

deoju posted:

From earlier today in the last thread.

From the time of diagnosis, a patients life expectancy is 7.5 years.

That "First Day of Standing Lessons Meme is about 4.25 years old.

So hopefully the clock ticking.

No! we want him to live long enough to see consequences. Long enough to watch his lovely empire become disintegrated, his kids become impoverished, his name to become associated with ultimate loser. Let him die of old age in a god drat cell

mystes
May 31, 2006

The Last Call posted:

https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status/1743707502607307125

Donald Trump didn’t sign loyalty oath for Illinois ballot that pledges not to ‘advocate the overthrow of the government’

In 2016 and 2020, before the Jan. 6 insurrection, Trump did sign. President Joe Biden, who signed it, questioned why Trump “can’t bring himself to sign a piece of paper saying he won’t attempt a coup to overthrow our government.”

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2024/1...arthy-red-scare

President Joe Biden’s campaign condemned former President Donald Trump Saturday for sidestepping a decades-old, Illinois ballot-access tradition in which candidates pledge not to “advocate the overthrow of the government.”

Biden’s statement came in response to a WBEZ/Chicago Sun-Times report published earlier Saturday that Trump didn’t sign the voluntary loyalty oath as part of his package of ballot-access paperwork submitted Thursday to the Illinois State Board of Elections.

“For the entirety of our nation’s history, presidents have put their hand on the Bible and sworn to protect and uphold the Constitution of the United States — and Donald Trump can’t bring himself to sign a piece of paper saying he won’t attempt a coup to overthrow our government,” Biden campaign spokesman Michael Tyler said. “We know he’s deadly serious because three years ago today he tried and failed to do exactly that.

“This is the same man who thinks American troops who died protecting the ideals outlined in the Constitution are suckers and losers — yet calls the convicted felons who violently assaulted and killed police officers on January 6th ‘hostages,’ ” Tyler said. “He can’t fathom putting anything — our country, our principles or the well-being and safety of the American people — above his own quest for retribution and power.”
I wonder if this might just him being afraid of any oaths now because of people trying to invoke the 14th amendment to get him off the ballot and him not wanting to accidentally manage to gently caress up his argument for those cases, or something, rather than a specific plan to try a coup again? But it's still really incredible for him to just refuse to sign something like that

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1743808120621592745

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Wow he just admitted he lost. That's the first time I remember him actually admitting to it.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

The Last Call posted:

https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status/1743707502607307125

Donald Trump didn’t sign loyalty oath for Illinois ballot that pledges not to ‘advocate the overthrow of the government’

In 2016 and 2020, before the Jan. 6 insurrection, Trump did sign. President Joe Biden, who signed it, questioned why Trump “can’t bring himself to sign a piece of paper saying he won’t attempt a coup to overthrow our government.”

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2024/1...arthy-red-scare

Nice hairline, Sir! Looks like it's carved into butter.

Oscar Wild fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jan 7, 2024

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

WHY BONER NOW posted:

No! we want him to live long enough to see consequences. Long enough to watch his lovely empire become disintegrated, his kids become impoverished, his name to become associated with ultimate loser. Let him die of old age in a god drat cell

I'd like that but it'd settle for not having to worry for the next 11 months :shrug:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1743809550963122481

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
*refuses to pledge to not overthrow the government*
*is running for the government's top position*

How is anyone taking this motherfucker seriously at all, anymore?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Should I buy the Alex Jones game on Steam?

I feel like it might be the only way any of the Sandy Hook people see any of that settlement.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1743811126331138284

2 minutes of him literally saying he's going to be a dictator

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

I hope the court posthumously labels her an insurrectionist terrorist.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

https://x.com/carolrn_usmc/status/1743746837356372360?s=46&t=Y9tN5g_IyRiifSxBmqZbkw

“I have no problem with someone who refuses to promise not to overthrow the government!”

loving traitor rear end useless fucks leeching off my tax dollars while they support treason

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Holy poo poo I missed this yesterday and want to lol about it

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Is signing the pledge a requirement to get onto ballots? Because if it's just some decorum bullshit then this is all meaningless.

deadeyez posted:

He came back for the second shift wearing camo instead of the TRUMP shirt. He was less angry. I thought about asking him about his tattoos and what they mean, but I was too busy cleaning up all the poo poo that erupts out of the packages from Sams Club and Walmart and didnt have time.

Lol.

Less lol, while I was in the supermarket just now doing last-minute shopping before the storm that's about to hit the northeast, I saw a guy in what I'm pretty sure was a white power jacket. I was walking behind him reading the back of his jacket, which was something like "If you stand behind us, we will protect you. If you stand beside us, we will treat you as an equal. If you stand in our way, we will something something" and it made me wonder what would happen if I was behind him but shoving my cart into the backs of his legs to try to make him go faster. Then I saw the valknut symbols.

This is nuts. I don't know that the rioters would necessarily have killed these politicians if they got hold of them, but things wouldn't have been pretty.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1743813597946351650

I know it's ironic because the report that just came out that he got money from China, but he's also doing his mob boss thing where he's calling for the death of Joe Biden

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

ComfyPants posted:

Holy poo poo I missed this yesterday and want to lol about it

fake, he can't speak that coherently or ever give a correct answer. I legitamately won't believe he said that unless there is tape.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
Happy ashli babbit death day :lmao:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

trickybiscuits posted:

Is signing the pledge a requirement to get onto ballots? Because if it's just some decorum bullshit then this is all meaningless.

:wtc:

If you’re running for president and someone asks “do you promise not to try and overthrow the government?” you loving say yes unless there’s something seriously wrong with you.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Hazo posted:

If you’re running for president and someone asks “do you promise not to try and overthrow the government?” you loving say yes unless there’s something seriously wrong with you.

I don't think they disagree, they're just asking if him refusing to do it actually matters.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I need to get my hands on this graphic novel

Lol at the Frank Reynolds flag with four Fs

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

trickybiscuits posted:

This is nuts. I don't know that the rioters would necessarily have killed these politicians if they got hold of them, but things wouldn't have been pretty.

they would have killed politicians

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Hazo posted:

Bottom Liner posted:

I don't think they disagree, they're just asking if him refusing to do it actually matters.

Yeah. It's hosed up but unless this actually affects his ability to be on the ballot it's just more of what we've had for the past three years.

This family needs counseling, possibly brain surgery

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

"Hang Mike Pence" the rioters chanted with unclear motives.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Bottom Liner posted:

I apologize if I misread then. I’m just seeing so many brainwormed people desensitized from the insanity of the last 8 years earnestly saying this is no big deal and it drives me loving nuts.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Buce posted:

they would have killed politicians

They were giving a clue about this by chanting "hang Mike Pence"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1743818990680514781

again asking his supporters to intimidate polling areas

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Zero self-awareness. Can't wait to find out this guy is/was a cop.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hazo posted:

https://x.com/carolrn_usmc/status/1743746837356372360?s=46&t=Y9tN5g_IyRiifSxBmqZbkw

“I have no problem with someone who refuses to promise not to overthrow the government!”

loving traitor rear end useless fucks leeching off my tax dollars while they support treason

It's only a voluntary pledge, I read, created during the Red Scare days.

Still says a lot he didn't sign it, but it doesn't affect his ability to run - that thing, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i like that you can try to overthrow the government and get out of prison in time to try again the next time