Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Never wanted the titans to lose a game more than right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
at least it would knock the steelers out of the playoffs

jeff
Dec 1, 2002
huh
Texans good

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Minshew sucked rear end when it mattered.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Can the Texans play @ Jacksonville in the WC round? I feel like that could deliver some laughs.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

EvilBeard posted:

Minshew sucked rear end when it mattered.

Eh, it's how he played all year. But he missed two big throws which would've resulted in touchdowns, and again didn't look to throw it to Pierce nearly enough.

I can't blame him too much because this is who he is. Would love to have him back next year to stay as the backup, but the team clearly needs Richardson in order to be a legit threat.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

b0ng posted:

Can the Texans play @ Jacksonville in the WC round? I feel like that could deliver some laughs.

No - Jacksonville can only be the 4 seed, and Cleveland is already the 5 seed.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Codependent Poster posted:

Eh, it's how he played all year. But he missed two big throws which would've resulted in touchdowns, and again didn't look to throw it to Pierce nearly enough.

I can't blame him too much because this is who he is. Would love to have him back next year to stay as the backup, but the team clearly needs Richardson in order to be a legit threat.

They were 1/11 on 3rd down and he completed 13 passes. He just couldn't make throws to take pressure off the run game. He wasn't awful, but he was basically an empty jersey. He just needed to make the basic plays to keep drives alive.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jan 7, 2024

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Considering how effective the run game was and the Texans having to adjust for it you can absolutely poo poo on Minshew for not capitalizing

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Minshew missed at least two wide open TD passes (and I'm not even counting the 4th down play which might have resulted in one) so yes you can blame him

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I mean, this season was just a freeroll with no expectations, it's just disappointing to lose with such meh play. They overachieved, but it's just a body blow to lose a game that you absolutely could have won against a team with 1 valid WR.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

EvilBeard posted:

I mean, this season was just a freeroll with no expectations, it's just disappointing to lose with such meh play. They overachieved, but it's just a body blow to lose a game that you absolutely could have won against a team with 1 valid WR.

This could absolutely be my post if the game went the other way

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

fast cars loose anus posted:

Minshew missed at least two wide open TD passes (and I'm not even counting the 4th down play which might have resulted in one) so yes you can blame him

Like I said, he's been this way all year. So it happening isn't a surprise. He rushes throws and misses downfield more often than he hits. He can take a share of the blame, but you also need to point the finger at the defense who couldn't cover the one WR the Texans had.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Metapod posted:

Never wanted the titans to lose a game more than right now.

If the Titans win then the Jags are eliminated, there's no greater joy than loving over a divisional rival.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Look man, I’m not gonna be out here rooting against them but they’re gonna lose and I’m not gonna be mad about it

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

they will win

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Am wearing my Henry jersey today, might be the last game he plays here

Mega64
May 23, 2008

It'd suck to see Henry go, and I'm sure both sides would be fine with him returning, but if some team wants to pay him shitloads of money or he wants to ring chase he needs to take that opportunity.

Long Live The King.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I don’t think anybody is going to pay him shitloads, he just turned 30.

I love the guy but keeping him on the team keeps us locked into a certain offensive mindset to a degree and I would prefer to see the team moving forward a bit. If he’s comfortable coming back to be the secondary guy behind spears? Sure thing, thrilled to have him. But I doubt that is gonna be happening.

What is everyone thinking about the vrabel rumors? I don’t entirely buy them but at this point id prefer to see the team move off of vrabel if the friction is real. Great coach obviously but you have to give carthon a chance and if vrabel actually wants out (not convinced of this) then it doesn’t serve the organization to keep him here when we could trade him, assuming he still has years left on his deal.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Bismack Billabongo posted:

What is everyone thinking about the vrabel rumors? I don’t entirely buy them but at this point id prefer to see the team move off of vrabel if the friction is real. Great coach obviously but you have to give carthon a chance and if vrabel actually wants out (not convinced of this) then it doesn’t serve the organization to keep him here when we could trade him, assuming he still has years left on his deal.

It’s an open secret that Diana Russini is his mouthpiece, and she has reported throughout the rumors that he wants to be in Nashville.

Unless he’s playing 4d chess, he wants to be here.

He won the previous power struggle between coach and GM, he has a good rookie quarterback that he was excited to take, and his team has $100m in cap space.

And he has two years left on contract. Titans aren’t trading him, and even if he wants to be somewhere else, it’s in his best interest to spend the next two years proving that losing the last 18 of 23 games was an aberration and not indicative of his coaching skill.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Soul Glo posted:

It’s an open secret that Diana Russini is his mouthpiece, and she has reported throughout the rumors that he wants to be in Nashville.

Unless he’s playing 4d chess, he wants to be here.

He won the previous power struggle between coach and GM, he has a good rookie quarterback that he was excited to take, and his team has $100m in cap space.

This is what I’ve been telling myself but now that actual prominent reporters who aren’t exclusively interested in the patriots are going on record I’m starting to sweat it lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I don't understand the rumors so I'm not thinking about them at all

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

https://x.com/dmrussini/status/1744033780514394550?s=46

What is this supposed to be indicative of? Him staying or him going? Who knows!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Do Titans fans want Vrabel to stay or nah? I assume stay but I don't know the pulse of the fanbase.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Depends on where you ask. If you go on Reddit it’s about 50/50, I don’t think anybody here except Nashville Eeyore wants him gone but I’m not about to go ask his stupid rear end.

I only want him to go if he wants to go, he’s proven to be a great leader and great ingame coach, I have zero issue with Mike vrabel. But if he wants out then unload him for whatever we can get, we need draft capital anyway.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I think he’s a good coach capable of winning a Super Bowl which is likely better than what the Titans would get to replace him.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Today we are all Titting up.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Titan up

Tyjae good

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

T
I
T
S

U
P

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Tajae Spears owns.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I'm a proud Tits Man. Hard working salt o' the earth man.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
No hard feelings for the music city miracle thing (it was a forward pass though)

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
People really believed in this team because they beat josh dobbs and Brandon Staley last year lmfao

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

For today fans of all teams are more than welcome to post here in support of everyone’s favorite team that started their game at 10 am PST on January 7th, 2024: The Tennessee Titans.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Will do a big lol if the pathetic Jacksonville Busters miss the playoffs because of a savage beating at the hands of tyjae spears.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I say this with legit no malice in my heart - what the gently caress is the Jaguars' problem? JT, answer for this.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Big Jefe needs to squeeze all the Bust out of Trevor then he will be good.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

lifelong titans fan since yesterday here

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Probably Magic posted:

I say this with legit no malice in my heart - what the gently caress is the Jaguars' problem? JT, answer for this.

trevor bust, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I heard that the leadership has decided that some of the coaches have to go (ie the OC, etc) and maybe have decided that they're gonna pick and OC and if Vrabel isn't on board, he'll be let go.