Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

IDK about super strong, but SW wants max traces to be certain her debuffs hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Nihility traces dont have dimishing returns in general

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

10 everything

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

GateOfD posted:

10 everything
listen I only have so many echo of war mats and tracks

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

GateOfD posted:

10 everything

Of your favorite characters.

Jing Yuan wants his talent to be maxed. His skill and ult have the same modifiers as Herta, but his talent is a 650% modifier.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I'm gonna 10 everyone I'm using eventually, but I'm also more selective in who I'm building so it should be pretty doable. I've only got about 15 characters I'm currently using out of the 29 I have.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

From my brief playtime with Ruan Mei, I think...she's cracked.

Peace.

coldtaxi
Jan 1, 2009

JT Jag posted:

I remember some people mentioning that a few characters, like Kafka, have a disproportionately strong level-10 trace. Does anyone know off-hand who else is like that? I only go over 9 for the characters I use the absolute most.

I think it's all the DoT characters: Kafka, Sampo, Luka, Guinaifen.

I think the deal is just that the scaling is slightly exponential instead of linear like for other units, so you get relatively more effect from taking their (DoT-related) traces to 10 than other units do.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

GateOfD posted:

10 everything

I'm at 12 characters and counting

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

coldtaxi posted:

I think it's all the DoT characters: Kafka, Sampo, Luka, Guinaifen.

I think the deal is just that the scaling is slightly exponential instead of linear like for other units, so you get relatively more effect from taking their (DoT-related) traces to 10 than other units do.

Yeah, it's the DoT characters get huge benefits from maxing out whichever skill trace is tied to their DoT scaling.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Excelzior posted:

it's literally her job as a Judge of the Ten-Lords commission; they make sure none of the long-lived species commit one of the 10 Unpardonable Sins (that pretty much all amount to standard capital offenses plus "trying to become actually immortal")

Sowing Discord
Incitement to Riot

I remember raising an eyebrow as I went down the list of atrocities in the lore book in question and got to these two; a fun reminder that no matter how nice the Luofu looks and how expansive the culture it's still an authoritarian military-run regime with a general running the whole ship and a grand marshal running the whole fleet

E: Actually to expand on that point a bit I like it mostly because a lot of early Luofu stuff was a fair bit more morally ambiguous about their whole deal; I think a lot about how the ultimate revelation of Yukong's story is her best friend dies in a war they are losing, ultimately won by Lan flying past and obliterating everything on the way to somewhere else. It highlights the futility of the entire forever war Xianzhou culture remains built around and this was a good reminder that yeah it's still rough in many ways to be part of the immortal battle fleet

Meiteron fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jan 7, 2024

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Belobog is also an authoritarian military-run regime with a general running the whole city.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

acumen posted:

I'm at 12 characters and counting

I've got 18 characters at 80, but I only max out the important skills. Topaz and Quinque are my only fully maxed characters, but Kafka has maxed ult and skill, Jing Yuan with maxed talent, Argenti with talent, skill, and ult. I probably will max Kafka's talent as well. I use her for her follow-up as much as I do her ult.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

JT Jag posted:

I remember some people mentioning that a few characters, like Kafka, have a disproportionately strong level-10 trace. Does anyone know off-hand who else is like that? I only go over 9 for the characters I use the absolute most.

It's any scaling attack, which is basically bounce attacks and dots. Asta's and Welt's skills have insane modifiers if you want to build them for damage. Sampo, too, if you want to max his damage from his skill.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Bad Video Games posted:

It's any scaling attack, which is basically bounce attacks and dots. Asta's and Welt's skills have insane modifiers if you want to build them for damage. Sampo, too, if you want to max his damage from his skill.

The bounce attacks actually don't have extra scaling for raw damage - they scale about as well as normal single target attacks do. They primarily stand out due to their toughness breaking capability.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jan 7, 2024

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Kanos posted:

The bounce attacks actually don't have extra scaling for raw damage - they scale about as well as normal single target attacks do. They primarily stand out due to their toughness breaking capability.

Fair, but it's still worth maxing for the characters you want to actually do damage.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

I mean yeah that's true of all skills but the person was asking about stuff that scaled abnormally.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Kanos posted:

Belobog is also an authoritarian military-run regime with a general running the whole city.

the ipc showing up was orchestrated by bronya to consolidate power and shut down any desire for democratic reform after unification with the underground :tinfoil:

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
seems like even in space, people live in a society... really makes you think

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

we live in a spaceciety

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

a lot of the stuff in 3rd plane in gold & gears is physical weakness so I been using Clara a lot.

My team has been Fu Xuan, Clara, Topaz, and Ruan Mei for 80% of the runs.
depending on the path, I subbed in gepard or blade in there.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
I've been grinding conundrum wins with Xueyi, she is really well suited for this mode

Somehow the first plane feels like the hardest one with this setup. After that every enemy is broken forever while she keeps chucking spears at them.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Friendly reminder to not immediately do your weekly regular SU run after the weekly reset, since we've got the double Planetary event later in the week.

I guess this is less important now that Swarm and Gears give weekly points, but still.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Got Ruan Mei + E1 tingyun from the limited and Pela from the standard today, immediately drowning in the options now that I’ve unlocked equilibrium 2 and all this new farming also lol. Game is fun!

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

If the G&G boss was always Argenti the mode would be 5x harder.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Ruan Mei is a pro pickup

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Meowywitch posted:

Ruan Mei is a pro pickup

She really is. Even at E0, popping her technique and going into a fight can wipe weaker enemies before the fight starts.

It's especially fantastic in SU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm trying to decide which lightcone to go for. Kafka's, Ratio's, or Jing Yuan's? Kafka still isn't online as a DoT dps yet, but I'm working on her support now. Ratio is going to be a main with Topaz, so any investment in him is good. Jing Yuan is awesome, and I love Erudition characters. But I can only realistically afford 2 at the most, and at least one of them needs to be a 50/50. We don't know if Jing is being rerun yet, but there's time.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

GoodluckJonathan posted:

I will always fight the bugs over him.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I will always fight the bugs over anyone else, they are so much easier.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Argenti is really good at killing Argenti.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Tagichatn posted:

Argenti is really good at killing Argenti.

Also, my Clara/Topaz/Ruan Mei/Huohuo team on Elation always hilariously melts him. (I am still on Diff 4, tho)

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Detheros posted:

I will always fight the bugs over him.

I'm knocking out the different difficulty 5 paths and every couple runs when I'm feeling particularly OP I'll do Argenti as the final boss and nearly wipe lmao

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
company time die (the one that gives you a refund on stuff you buy in shops) + the curio that doubles cosmic fragments you earn (it doubles the company time refund so everything you buy is close to free) is by far the most fun i've had in simulated universe. highly recommend

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tree Reformat posted:

Also, my Clara/Topaz/Ruan Mei/Huohuo team on Elation always hilariously melts him. (I am still on Diff 4, tho)

Basically but I use Fu Xuan instead of Huohuo, absolutely wreck him every time because elation is busted

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

So what's interesting in the new mode is that while the maximum points is 80k (40k on each side), you only need 60k for max rewards, which you can get by just killing the replenishing mobs without killing the boss/elites on the last wave.

Argenti unsurprisingly fucks here, but Himeko has been amazing also. Against the right weaknesses you can unironically run hypercarry Himeko (what I did) and still get enough points on her side :v:

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 8, 2024

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Big Leg posted:

company time die (the one that gives you a refund on stuff you buy in shops) + the curio that doubles cosmic fragments you earn (it doubles the company time refund so everything you buy is close to free) is by far the most fun i've had in simulated universe. highly recommend

lmao, you were not loving kidding, that ruled. Seele dropped a 2.3 million damage ult on the big bug at the end.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Kyrosiris posted:

lmao, you were not loving kidding, that ruled. Seele dropped a 2.3 million damage ult on the big bug at the end.

:stare:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Pain of Mind posted:

I will always fight the bugs over anyone else, they are so much easier.

The duo robots are so free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Kyrosiris posted:

hell yeah. the best part is the weird thing you have to do to get the ridiculous passive buff is 'buy stuff', so you also end up with a billion curios and upgraded blessings