Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Can someone just convince Trump to eat way more fast food already? It's the only sure-fire way to get his heart to pop.

Teach him about the buttery jack or some poo poo.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

lmao

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Lol everytime you remember that Trump got an award for paying back a loan

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Grey Cat posted:

Can someone just convince Trump to eat way more fast food already? It's the only sure-fire way to get his heart to pop.

legit, he's said one of the primary reasons why he pigs out on mcdonald's is that he's a germophobe.

for all their faults mcdonald's does have an impeccable health record

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Coolguye posted:

legit, he's said one of the primary reasons why he pigs out on mcdonald's is that he's a germophobe.

it's because everything is overcooked so much that bacteria can't possibly survive

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

kazil posted:

it's because everything is overcooked so much that bacteria can't possibly survive

and what isn't overcooked is so barely identifiable as food that bacteria isn't interested in it in the first place

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Failed Imagineer posted:

Abe got touched by some dude wielding a gun he made in Minecraft, for promoting a cult/MLM. One of the funniest assassinations

Absolute most successful assassin I've ever seen. The church is in the process of getting dissolved in Japan. They can still operate but as a corporation that pays taxes and probably has to follow actual laws.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

kazil posted:

Coolguye posted:

and what isn't overcooked is so barely identifiable as food that bacteria isn't interested in it in the first place

You're both forgetting the insane amount of salt.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Lol everytime you remember that Trump got an award for paying back a loan

Lol everytime you remember that the GOP is trying to impeach Biden for paying back a loan

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Coolguye posted:

in general, the election would be kicked back to the states to resolve whatever issues Congress had with it, with a temporary executive sorted out in the meantime; possibly just the previous president in an even more lame-duck scenario than he was already in.

the house decision happens if there is a certified election wherein nobody wins a majority/nobody gets to 270. simply refusing to certify the election and going thanos "i'll just do it myself" is textbook subversion of the will of the people.

Well, yeah, that's exactly how autocrats work. Kick up a bunch of poo poo, muddy everything, lie all the way, break the system then say "Oh look it's broken. Well I guess I'll just do it myself. I humbly accept being given these powers in this time of crisis (that I manufactured)."

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Coolguye posted:

Yeah, I wish he'd pick a different chain, because as far as fast food burgers go mcdonalds is one of the healthier options. He could really be increasing that cholesterol and contaminated salad intake if he went somewhere else.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

bird food bathtub posted:

Well, yeah, that's exactly how autocrats work. Kick up a bunch of poo poo, muddy everything, lie all the way, break the system then say "Oh look it's broken. Well I guess I'll just do it myself. I humbly accept being given these powers in this time of crisis (that I manufactured)."

trump was never in a position to make rules for congress

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Coolguye posted:

He pigs out on McDonalds 1) because he's mentally ten years old, and 2) because the restaurant has his loving first name on it

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Failed Imagineer posted:

Abe got touched by some dude wielding a gun he made in Minecraft, for promoting a cult/MLM. One of the funniest assassinations

More specifically, it was the Unification Church (aka the Moonies) that Abe was affiliated with. The assassin's mother had quite literally squandered the sizable inheritance that his father had left them, by donating all their money to the church and leaving them impoverished, and he eventually decided to get revenge on them. I think he originally wanted to go after the head of the Moonies, but discovered that they were too well-protected, so he chose Abe since he was a high-profile politician that had ties to the church (and as it turned out, wasn't protected anywhere near as well as the church's leader).

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

More specifically, it was the Unification Church (aka the Moonies) that Abe was affiliated with. The assassin's mother had quite literally squandered the sizable inheritance that his father had left them, by donating all their money to the church and leaving them impoverished, and he eventually decided to get revenge on them. I think he originally wanted to go after the head of the Moonies, but discovered that they were too well-protected, so he chose Abe since he was a high-profile politician that had ties to the church (and as it turned out, wasn't protected anywhere near as well as the church's leader).

And since Abe died Japan’s government has finally started pushing against the church and it’s insane level of influence now that king bitch isn’t around to get them in trouble for it anymore. Dude got some legit societal change rolling. Like for example, they were planning to publish a translation of some giga terf bullshit book in Japan a bit ago but canned it because the translators had ties to the church.

emSparkly fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 7, 2024

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

kazil posted:

There was a Wendy’s chicken nugget dropped in the parking lot at an apartment complex I used to live at that sat there untouched for over a month. Nothing would eat it, not raccoons, not stray dogs, not even ants or flies or bacteria or anything else.

It really made me think about what’s in fast food and what kind of stuff is done to it, like irradiation. :tinfoil:

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

There was a Wendy’s chicken nugget dropped in the parking lot at an apartment complex I used to live at that sat there untouched for over a month. Nothing would eat it, not raccoons, not stray dogs, not even ants or flies or bacteria or anything else.

It really made me think about what’s in fast food and what kind of stuff is done to it, like irradiation. :tinfoil:

This... this is my nuggie! It's... it's shaped for me!

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Grey Cat posted:

lol, trying to convince Trump to eat more. Good luck. He's already pegging the needle at 10/10 in that respect.

Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jan 7, 2024

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

This is a cool concept for an SCP article

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I realize television media is losing influence to even worse hovels like Twitter, but is there any broadcast news that isn’t supporting or protecting Trump at this point?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

my chud brother insists that jack in the box monster tacos are good for three days unrefrigerated because they're made from monster

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Vampire Panties posted:

my chud brother insists that jack in the box monster tacos are good for three days unrefrigerated because they're made from monster

There's so much for me to parse here.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I don't think anything special is being "done to it" actually

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

mystes posted:

I don't think anything special is being "done to it" actually

yeah oil coverings help preservation a lot, most organisms don't quite know what to do with it and fast food places fry everything.

it's the same reason why you can leave peanut butter out for longer than peanuts.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Grey Cat posted:

It sucks he's completely hung up on McDonald's like a toddler when the Baconator™ exists. Somebody toss a few of those at his face hole and we'll see if we can get him hooked. It also sucks he doesn't drink alcohol. That would probably speed things up too.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

kazil posted:

This was a literal plot point on Invader Zim

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Coolguye posted:

in general, the election would be kicked back to the states to resolve whatever issues Congress had with it, with a temporary executive sorted out in the meantime; possibly just the previous president in an even more lame-duck scenario than he was already in.

the house decision happens if there is a certified election wherein nobody wins a majority/nobody gets to 270. simply refusing to certify the election and going thanos "i'll just do it myself" is textbook subversion of the will of the people.
The problem I think with a lot of doom scenarios is that most of the people in charge of the military are not interested in seeing procedural tricks happen to hand Trump the election if he loses by like twelve million votes and 69 EVs to Biden. And despite the stern, certain knowledge that Tuberville would definitely succeed in leaving a power vacuum open for "TRUMP" to fill, he didn't and the officers are now presumably all or mostly normals, appointed by Biden.

Is Mark Milley still in the military hierarchy somewhere or did he get farmed out to Book Writing Town?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

also, irradiating food does not make the food radioactive in any kind of meaningful way and is an excellent way to make thing shelf-stable, it is just disfavored because :byodood: radiation! I doubt any of the big fast food places sell irradiated food items anyway.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Nessus posted:

The problem I think with a lot of doom scenarios is that most of the people in charge of the military are not interested in seeing procedural tricks happen to hand Trump the election if he loses by like twelve million votes and 69 EVs to Biden. And despite the stern, certain knowledge that Tuberville would definitely succeed in leaving a power vacuum open for "TRUMP" to fill, he didn't and the officers are now presumably all or mostly normals, appointed by Biden.

Is Mark Milley still in the military hierarchy somewhere or did he get farmed out to Book Writing Town?

yeah the joint chiefs hated his rear end when he was president and i can't see any reason to think they like him any more now that his cronies spent an entire year making their lives harder and military life shittier for exactly no reason whatsoever.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Is it just me or does $370 million not even sound like very much? Maybe it's because of Alex Jones and Fox News getting slapped with billion-dollar judgments and not even blinking.

He's calling it a "fine" and a "charge" lmao. Like whoopsy poopsy, sorry officer I'll drive my company a little slower in school zones from now on

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Nessus posted:

also, irradiating food does not make the food radioactive in any kind of meaningful way and is an excellent way to make thing shelf-stable, it is just disfavored because :byodood: radiation! I doubt any of the big fast food places sell irradiated food items anyway.

irradiated meat is great for raw meat dishes, too. less to worry about.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Buce posted:

irradiated meat is great for raw meat dishes, too. less to worry about.

Classically-delicious irradiate steak tartare.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Data Graham posted:

Is it just me or does $370 million not even sound like very much? Maybe it's because of Alex Jones and Fox News getting slapped with billion-dollar judgments and not even blinking.

He's calling it a "fine" and a "charge" lmao. Like whoopsy poopsy, sorry officer I'll drive my company a little slower in school zones from now on

considering the all-caps meltdowns he keeps returning to every few days on the topic i think it's probably plenty to destroy him financially. he has been bellowing that he's a billionaire forever but those burnouts look like a braggart's bluff being called.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Data Graham posted:

It's a ton of money if you're a perpetually-broke "billionaire" who was a reality TV show host.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Coolguye posted:

yeah the joint chiefs hated his rear end when he was president and i can't see any reason to think they like him any more now that his cronies spent an entire year making their lives harder and military life shittier for exactly no reason whatsoever.
I think some of why the Rs bitch so much about "the woke military" is that they realize the military, drawn from a lower-class-tilted cross section of American society, would probably be happy to drone strike Donald Trump if he wanted to call on them to turn blue-state cities into a bunch of Fallujahs.

We are probably approaching a situation where more Americans would prefer rule by the "WOKE" military to that of "TRUMP." And that, on several levels, is a lol.

Data Graham posted:

What's the origin of this fine total? Is this New York taking his building?

Also, these judgments will never be emotionally satisfying, because these people will never have the public breakdown and repentance that people hope. Just completely excise any hope of changed explicit behavior (as opposed to, say, avoiding particular forms of being an rear end in a top hat) from any of these judgments, imo.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

What's on the lol docket this week?
Wasn't there an SC ruling coming up? What else? It's hard to keep track.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Nessus posted:

I've owned a couple of geiger counters and can confirm that irradiating food doesn't turn it into plutonium.

Another example of people only thinking to Step 1 and... Step 2? no no no no, we already thought to Step 1 of this situation.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I always thought he got McDonalds because the people making it didn't know it was for him. Wasn't there a story itt where one of his chefs would always spit (or worse) in his food and one day he found out about it and got paranoid?

Perfectly reasonable tbh, if I was as big of a piece of poo poo as Trump I wouldn't trust anyone with my food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Grey Cat posted:

What's on the lol docket this week?
Wasn't there an SC ruling coming up? What else? It's hard to keep track.

I just found this neat place:

https://www.justsecurity.org/88039/...al%20to%20begin

Copy/paste for the month of January:

Monday, January 8, 2024 – GA: Motions (other than motions in limine) due (for all defendants except Mark Meadows, Jeffrey Clark and David Shafer)
Tuesday, January 9, 2024 – DC Trump Case: Oral arguments in Trump D.C. Circuit appeal of Judge Chutkan order denying his motions to dismiss based on Presidential Immunity and constitutional grounds, at 9:30 AM; MAL: Joint discovery status report due; Oregon 14A: Parties supplemental briefing due on (1) whether the plaintiffs have standing, and (2) what authority the Oregon Secretary of State has in the matter
Thursday, January 11, 2024 – NY Civil Fraud: Parties closing arguments
Monday, January 15, 2024 – Iowa Republican Presidential Caucuses
Tuesday, January 16, 2024 – MAL: Defendants motions to compel discovery; Carroll I: Trial begins at 9:30 AM (on damages only)
Wednesday, January 17, 2024 – Maine 14A: Last day for Superior Court to issue written decision on any appeal of the decision of the Secretary of State
Thursday, January 18, 2024 – Trump Colorado SCOTUS 14A: Last day for Trump brief, amicus curiae briefs in support and in support of neither party
Saturday, January 20, 2024 – Maine 14A: Last day to file notice of appeal to the decision of the Superior Court
Tuesday, January 23, 2024 – New Hampshire Republican Presidential Primary
Wednesday, January 24, 2024 – Maine 14A: Last day for Trump to file appeal brief and appendix with clerk of the Maine Supreme Judicial Court
Wednesday, January 31, 2024 – Trump Colorado SCOTUS 14A: Last day for respondents briefs and amicus curiae briefs in support; Maine 14A: Last day for the Maine Supreme Judicial Court to issue its decision on any appeal of the decision of the Superior Court; NY Civil Fraud: Justice Engoron to file written decision