Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Ted Rall is all for violently destroying the system as long as it in no way inconveniences him, Ted Rall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

the_steve posted:

Introducing a new category for the Kellies Nominations: Worst White Noise, for comics that manage a whole lot of :words: without ever actually saying anything.

PC would take that award every year.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

idonotlikepeas posted:

Drew Sheneman

Ah yes, the place that sends you mad. Nice to see someone's up on the classics.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Rall bitched about Occupy Wall Street too. I assume he wants a revolution to overthrow our capitalist oppressors, and somehow him doodling ugly cartoons is contributing to that but not protests.

You could probably find a cartoon with him whining about protests being too easy to ignore.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I want total revolution of society and overthrow of the systems of power.

However you may not inconvenience me and my luxuries in any way.

As you were, gentlemen.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pants Donkey posted:

Rall bitched about Occupy Wall Street too. I assume he wants a revolution to overthrow our capitalist oppressors, and somehow him doodling ugly cartoons is contributing to that but not protests.

You could probably find a cartoon with him whining about protests being too easy to ignore.
I think this one may even be a direct response to Rall's self-righteous attitude to Occupy.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Doomykins posted:

I want total revolution of society and overthrow of the systems of power.

However you may not inconvenience me and my luxuries in any way.

As you were, gentlemen.

Also having once been subject to an advertiser boycot (over his 9/11 widow's cartoon) he has also declared any kind of consumer boycot horrible and unjust no matter the reason or target (if I recall correctly he took this stance in defense of a fox news host)

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

I dont know posted:

Also having once been subject to an advertiser boycot (over his 9/11 widow's cartoon) he has also declared any kind of consumer boycot horrible and unjust no matter the reason or target (if I recall correctly he took this stance in defense of a fox news host)
What cartoon was that?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

JamesBont posted:

What cartoon was that?

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

loving hell...

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

This ted rall guy sucks poo poo imo.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

I AM GRANDO posted:

This ted rall guy sucks poo poo imo.

i mean this guy was a real jerk!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Is it time for "The Ted Rall memorial at the Comics Museum would be a urinal" again?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
the best part about ted rall is you know he googles his name so you know he reads all of these

gently caress you rall

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Ah, the grief understander ha[d] logged on.

I will not eat a single morsel of food until Henry Kissinger is dead and buried!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Chris Skidmore quitting Sunak’s unstoppable oil tanker – The former energy minister has resigned the Tory whip in protest at the PM’s dash for oil and gas"

Telegraph:

Putin stages lavish dinner for dead soldiers' families on Orthodox Christmas Eve

Times:

Post Office scandal: pressure grows to exonerate hundreds of victims

Evening Standard:

The Post Office scandal: What is it and has anyone been held accountable?

Stephen Collins:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Neito posted:

Is it time for "The Ted Rall memorial at the Comics Museum would be a urinal" again?

How about the “fat teachers” one?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Let’s count Rall the ways he sucks:

-He set a kickstarter with a reward tier to have dinner with him, but he sets the date, location, restaurant, time limit, and reserved the right to cancel without notice. He also doesn’t have talk to you. Nobody took him up on it.
-Claimed to have pushed a hobo onto subway tracks, killing him
-Claimed to have dropped a brick on a bully’s head in school, and gutted him in shop class. The “bully” somehow survived
-Claimed to have have a wart burrow into his aorta, causing massive bleeding and forcing him to temporarily drop out of college. (in reality he majored in nuclear physics and probably changed majors when he couldn’t handle it)
-claims a scientific paper was written about his wart which has never surfaced
-Claimed to have couch surf in college with beautiful women whom he had sex with.
-Claimed his blood transfusion from his killer wart may have been tainted with HIV. Didn’t stop him from sleeping with a bunch of women.
-During this, claimed to have asked his mommy for money while getting a blowjob, giving us the Sad Blowjob meme
-Above item was in a autobiography he didn’t even draw himself because he that’s poo poo an artist
-Claims to have been “roughed up” by the LAPD in 2001 because the various protests against police brutality weren’t about him enough. This caused him to go to war with his then-paper the LA Times, who fired him after police audio proved him a liar
-Made his obituary cartoon about Roger Ebert all about how much smarter he is than Ebert
-Despite his ego about his intelligence, frequently goes on Fox News to be their token idiot liberal, because he’s so terrible they find him a safe enough mark to bring on the air
-Had a bizarre cartoon regarding a teacher who protected her students during an emergency by using herself as a shield. He called her fat.
-has a long-standing feud with Maus creator Art Spiegelman, whom is basically Rall’s one-sided nemesis to explain why Rall toils in relative obscurity.
-also has had his nosed tweaked by Danny Hellman, whom despite becoming a fringe conspiracy theorist still manages to only be a tenth as obnoxious as Rall.
-takes money from propaganda outlets and acts astonished when the trips they take him on seem on the up and up

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
Don't forget:
-Draws like a child despite being a professional artist for over 30 years.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
- made an obituary cartoon for Nelson Mandela claiming he was a sellout who was mainly interested in hanging out with Bono.

- made the single worst 1984 parody known to man.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

escapegoat posted:

Don't forget:

To be fair, you could apply that to multiple people in this thread. Mike Lester and Gary McCoy, for example.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

I dont know posted:

oh god, done forgot about that one

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

escapegoat posted:

Don't forget:

His art has actually gotten worse and blander with time.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

His art has actually gotten worse and blander with time.

- Claims that this is a deliberate stylistic choice on his part.

skeleton warrior posted:

Rall, for whatever reason, colored Obama’s skin purple for a while in his comics and when he got called out for that being weird and vaguely racist he declared it a “printing error” he had no control over, that he was the subject of a Daily Kos witch-hunt by liberals who hate leftists who aren’t supine enough about Obama, and drew Obama as having a giant smiley face head for a few months declaring that no one could call him racist or weird for it.

I thought Purple-Bama actually wasn't his fault, he just threw a fit about it anyways because people were mocking him.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Rall, for whatever reason, colored Obama’s skin purple for a while in his comics and when he got called out for that being weird and vaguely racist he declared it a “printing error” he had no control over, that he was the subject of a Daily Kos witch-hunt by liberals who hate leftists who aren’t supine enough about Obama, and drew Obama as having a giant smiley face head for a few months declaring that no one could call him racist or weird for it.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

That was…maybe not his fault. Some sites used a different format with different color data. However, given Rall knew this and could probably have done something to fix. I mean, it’s not like it happens to every cartoonist.

I imagine Rall just didn’t know how to fix because his knowledge of anything art rivals that of Kirschen, and why do work when you can get attention?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
yeah, i remember someone showing what it was when the proper color data was used and it was correct. still not well drawn, but not purple

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Pants Donkey posted:

Let’s count Rall the ways he sucks:

:yeeclaw:
his biography was amazing

ted rall, sitting alone in a diner, spends his last dollar on soup when an incredibly beautiful and powerful woman makes eye contact and he sighs because she just wants his body :( :(

also sad blowjob when he's asking his mom for money

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

World Famous W posted:

yeah, i remember someone showing what it was when the proper color data was used and it was correct. still not well drawn, but not purple

You need to apply the correct art data set to make them look good, also don't forget to replace text data.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pants Donkey posted:

That was…maybe not his fault. Some sites used a different format with different color data. However, given Rall knew this and could probably have done something to fix. I mean, it’s not like it happens to every cartoonist.
I recall it happened to Scott Adams once back in the 90s, the color version had it look at though the one Black guy was the idiot and the butt of the joke.

(The actual reason I still remember that is because his response was an apology and a promise to add more positive diversity rather than a 20,000 word rant about how Black people should not even look at his comic. Guy's brain really melted.)

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Guavanaut posted:

I recall it happened to Scott Adams once back in the 90s, the color version had it look at though the one Black guy was the idiot and the butt of the joke.

(The actual reason I still remember that is because his response was an apology and a promise to add more positive diversity rather than a 20,000 word rant about how Black people should not even look at his comic. Guy's brain really melted.)

The comic had a security guard that was stealing poo poo at night. The colorist decided to make the one off thief character black. It was still Scott Adam's fault for being lazy and hiring a colorist instead of doing his own work unlike most cartoonist, and not even checking what the guy was doing before signing off. Given what we now know about the guy, I would not at all put it past him to hire a racist friend.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Le Lievre:

Spooner:

Federal environment minister Tanya Plibersek, who blocked Commonwealth approval for the Victorian Renewable Energy Terminal offshore wind hub. Victoria’s energy transition in strife as ‘essential’ offshore wind hub refused (SMH).

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I dont know posted:

The comic had a security guard that was stealing poo poo at night. The colorist decided to make the one off thief character black. It was still Scott Adam's fault for being lazy and hiring a colorist instead of doing his own work unlike most cartoonist, and not even checking what the guy was doing before signing off. Given what we now know about the guy, I would not at all put it past him to hire a racist friend.

IIRC colorists for dailies were pretty common at that point, and often either requested by or mandated by the syndicate, but I could just be making poo poo up.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I dont know posted:

I had honestly forgotten about it until just now.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Reality's a bit more like

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Neito posted:

IIRC colorists for dailies were pretty common at that point, and often either requested by or mandated by the syndicate, but I could just be making poo poo up.
Yeah his statement said that his work got sent off to be colored in and he didn't get to see it.

Which could just be a "racist getting caught" moment, but if so he at least cared enough about getting caught that he didn't just go "yeah I'm racist, whites should stay away from blacks, MAGA MAGA MAGA" for five pages back then.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

TremorX posted:

Reality's a bit more like

kellies nomination: best edit

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/Lubchansky/status/1744378279245578548

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

I don't get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

Pedro X. Molina

Carlos Latuff

Amjad Rasmi

Adam Zyglis

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

David Horsey

Walt Handelsman