Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Wow AEW really is boring from WWE now the fans are saying not everyone likes wrestling.

https://twitter.com/AewDefender/status/1744402696193429954

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MassRafTer posted:

Wow AEW really is boring from WWE now the fans are saying not everyone likes wrestling.

Lance Storm doesn't like comedy. Argument destroyed.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

I don’t think Eddie would be world champ if he was in better shape. It still wouldn’t fit his character journey in AEW. I don’t want to see jacked Eddie Kingston coming out like Brian Cage or something but it’d be kind of fun seeing Eddie in the style of Dr Death or something. Like still an obviously huge guy but not with the chiseled body of a Cage or PAC.

I like to call that ugly muscle. It's great. Like Tom Hardy in Dark Knight Rises

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

it's also a known fact that everyone likes the exact same type of comedy and the exact same kind of delivery. Checkmate

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

If Eddie Kingston wants to be taken seriously he needs to gain the body type equivalent to Into The Spiderverse's Kingpin.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

If Eddie Kingston wants to be taken seriously he needs to gain the body type equivalent to Into The Spiderverse's Kingpin.

so taz

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

I don’t think Eddie would be world champ if he was in better shape. It still wouldn’t fit his character journey in AEW. I don’t want to see jacked Eddie Kingston coming out like Brian Cage or something but it’d be kind of fun seeing Eddie in the style of Dr Death or something. Like still an obviously huge guy but not with the chiseled body of a Cage or PAC.

the perfect wrestler body type is that stan hansen/harley race thing where have a huge barrel chest and arent really fat but have absolutely no defintion at all. just totally flat from your chest to your waist

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
4% body fat Eddie Strydom WOOOW LOOK AT THE STRIATION

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

post hole digger posted:

the perfect wrestler body type is that stan hansen/harley race thing where have a huge barrel chest and arent really fat but have absolutely no defintion at all. just totally flat from your chest to your waist

This is the truth and is the correct view

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

JethroMcB posted:

Eddie should always be eating authentic New Yawk food as part of his entrance. Walking down the ramp tearing away at a big slice of Ray's pizza. Street cart hot dog. Two-fisting a bodega chop cheese and a bacon egg and cheese. Full-size pastrami sandwich from Katz's Deli with a bowl of matzoh ball soup.

There should be New York street carts lining the ramp as Eddie makes his way to the ring and he takes time to stop at each.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

post hole digger posted:

Only realizing now, probably because I've watched Bad Santa within the past month, how much he looked like Thurman Merman during this run

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Wanna see Brian Cage and Marko Stunt do a Freaky Friday body swap gimmick

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/ryansatin/status/1744425605872206271?s=20

i regret to inform you that ryan satin is at it again

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Just have Eddie get his direct style inspiration from Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino

Take a look Partnah

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I like that bischoff is just being super duper fuckin’ obvious with his outrage bait posting

Fixing to steal Cornette’s fanbase right out from under him

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

rotinaj posted:

I like that bischoff is just being super duper fuckin’ obvious with his outrage bait posting

Fixing to steal Cornette’s fanbase right out from under him

He was pretty intensely anti-AEW for the moment he realized they weren't gonna give him a permanent job and then ramped it up even further when he/Conrad noticed his podcast got spikes in engagement every time he said negative stuff about AEW. I'm pretty sure they've outright admitted this was the case.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I see someone finally told Ryan that TK wasn’t going to hire him.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Drakkel posted:

He was pretty intensely anti-AEW for the moment he realized they weren't gonna give him a permanent job and then ramped it up even further when he/Conrad noticed his podcast got spikes in engagement every time he said negative stuff about AEW. I'm pretty sure they've outright admitted this was the case.

The Alex Jones business strategy

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Most Power Alex posted:

There should be New York street carts lining the ramp as Eddie makes his way to the ring and he takes time to stop at each.

Every time Eddie comes to the ring he pulls out a bagel and talks about how much better New York ones are due to the water, to massive heel heat.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

C. Everett Koop posted:

Every time Eddie comes to the ring he pulls out a bagel and talks about how much better New York ones are due to the water, to massive heel heat.

Kojima strikes again
https://twitter.com/Peps_Wrestling/status/1743828510332883448

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Mercedes will likely pop the ratings but the real issue is ensuring the women’s division gets more time and better booking as a result of her popping a rating.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Bread Club 4 4 4 lyfe

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

This is awesome :allears:

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

JUNGLE BOY posted:

every time someone leaves WWE and starts doing the kind of wrestling they want (like Mone wanted to really work Joshi or Copeland wanted to work with younger guys) the usual suspects crawl out from the basement to say how they're a waste. Like yeah, they've been stuck doing what Vince wanted them to do for a decade+ and now they're doing exactly what they want why is that a problem

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
surprised that nobody has ever done a wrestling show where every match is main eventer vs main eventer, and none of said main eventers ever lose because that would make them look weak. we can all agree that it's the best way to book wrestling and really easy to do, feels like an oversight that people do this other stuff

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

little munchkin posted:

surprised that nobody has ever done a wrestling show where every match is main eventer vs main eventer, and none of said main eventers ever lose because that would make them look weak. we can all agree that it's the best way to book wrestling and really easy to do, feels like an oversight that people do this other stuff
You're thinking too small, you just book a show where the card is like

LA Knight d. AJ Styles after Randy Orton interferes
Cody Rhodes d. Randy Orton after Jey Uso interferes
Kevin Owens d. Logan Paul after Cody Rhodes distracts Logan Paul
Damian Priest d. Finn Balor after Logan Paul accidentally hits Finn
Seth Rollins d. Dean Ambrose after Roman Reigns interferes
Roman Reigns d. Kenny Omega clean but both men get attacked by CM Punk afterwards

and then the next big show you have
AJ Styles and Randy Orton d. LA Knight and Cody Rhodes after Roman Reigns beats them all up
Logan Paul d. Kevin Owens after Jey Uso distracts KO
Finn Balor d. Damian Priest after Dean Ambrose deliberately hits Priest
CM Punk beats Roman Reigns by DQ after Brock Lesnar attacks
etc.

That way long term everyone stays strong, and you don't waste time with jobbers.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
80s WWF booking where every match ends with a double DQ + brawl to the back

Takuan
May 6, 2007

little munchkin posted:

This was how most matches between top talent ended in the 70s and 80s. Either double count out, double dq, or time limit draw.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Being a pro wrestling grifter like Ryan Satin must be exhausting. He tried the pro-AEW takes for a bit but it didn't work, now he's back to anti-AEW stuff to try and shift the metrics and get more views.

In 3 months he'll be back on the AEW hype train when analytics tell him that's what he should be saying.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

A Fancy Hat posted:

Being a pro wrestling grifter like Ryan Satin must be exhausting. He tried the pro-AEW takes for a bit but it didn't work, now he's back to anti-AEW stuff to try and shift the metrics and get more views.

In 3 months he'll be back on the AEW hype train when analytics tell him that's what he should be saying.

https://x.com/ryansatin/status/1744076318659280955?s=20

actually he’s too busy writing a tv show to be doing any of what you think he’s doing. it’s going to be a prestige drama about a misunderstood sheriff from maricopa county with a heart of gold and it has a lot of potential

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

JUNGLE BOY posted:

actually he’s too busy writing a tv show to be doing any of what you think he’s doing. it’s going to be a prestige drama about a misunderstood sheriff from maricopa county with a heart of gold and it has a lot of potential

His name will be Bryan Silk and all the ladies will love him.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Edge & Christian posted:

You're thinking too small, you just book a show where the card is like

LA Knight d. AJ Styles after Randy Orton interferes
Cody Rhodes d. Randy Orton after Jey Uso interferes
Kevin Owens d. Logan Paul after Cody Rhodes distracts Logan Paul
Damian Priest d. Finn Balor after Logan Paul accidentally hits Finn
Seth Rollins d. Dean Ambrose after Roman Reigns interferes
Roman Reigns d. Kenny Omega clean but both men get attacked by CM Punk afterwards

and then the next big show you have
AJ Styles and Randy Orton d. LA Knight and Cody Rhodes after Roman Reigns beats them all up
Logan Paul d. Kevin Owens after Jey Uso distracts KO
Finn Balor d. Damian Priest after Dean Ambrose deliberately hits Priest
CM Punk beats Roman Reigns by DQ after Brock Lesnar attacks
etc.

That way long term everyone stays strong, and you don't waste time with jobbers.

Please don't post WWE Kenny Omega into existence

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://x.com/ryansatin/status/1744076318659280955?s=20

I deleted twitter a while ago but my proudest moment was asking Ryan Satin what he thought about Joe Arpaio and it bothering him so much that he replied to me (an absolute nobody) 4 times over the course of a day with varying levels of frustration and aggression.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
What’s the story with that, is he overly sensitive about living in that county or related to sheriff Joe or something?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

rotinaj posted:

What’s the story with that, is he overly sensitive about living in that county or related to sheriff Joe or something?

He worked on one of the Joe tv shows prior to becoming a wrestling media guy

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Seams posted:

He worked on one of the Joe tv shows prior to becoming a wrestling media guy

Oh, wow, I didn’t realize he was that much of a piece of poo poo

Edit: hahahahaha his dad was the creator of the show, holy gently caress

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the show was called Smile You’re Under Arrest lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

some additional context on why it is funny is that he used to get really high and mighty back when AEW was doing good ratings and beating NXT and he would say that people didn’t understand how outdated Nielsen was, and that it was impossible to know if AEW was actually winning because of how unreliable Nielsen is.

he kept saying he had a much better understanding because unlike random internet fans he had actually worked in tv, so people dug into what his tv experience was and it was his daddy giving him a job on the sheriff joe arpaio show lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/RighteousReg/status/1744802729103606076

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

i love how many layers of bullshit there are to this, like saying it's fine for journalists to be fans first and media second and calling himself a wrestling journalist when he is a guy with a podcast, but saying that hausman is a "REAL" journalist is what takes this from defensiveness to outright delusion