Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Burning_Monk posted:

Because it would be a short term dip, manufactured by them, so they control the loses. But a long term gain in tax policy and social issues.

Crashing the economy enough to somehow steer the outcome of a presedential election would not be controllable in any way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TremorX posted:

Serious question: What is the supposed "proof" that there were feds in the J6 crowd? I always see the accusations and the total acceptance of it on the right as fact, but, like Antifa, I never see any actual evidence to back it up.

They read it on the internet. Heard Trump and gang say so.

Ain't that proof enough?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

TremorX posted:

Serious question: What is the supposed "proof" that there were feds in the J6 crowd? I always see the accusations and the total acceptance of it on the right as fact, but, like Antifa, I never see any actual evidence to back it up.

I undoubtedly believe that there were many federal officers doing their duty stuck into the middle of the J6 fiasco. Like, how would that not be the case? Do they expect them all to just "oh well hey gently caress this job" and walk away and not be there?

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

TremorX posted:

Tucker or somebody starts "Just asking quesitons." on air
Then some GOP politician makes some statement about how their constituents are asking about it.
Then some other GOP politician says some poo poo like 'Lots of people are wondering.... maybe it's time for a hearing." if dems are in control add in "Democrats refuse to hold a hearing."
Then it circles back around to Fox/OANN/whatever "Congress talking about hearing for Antifa plants at Jan 6"

And loop around and around, amplifying the BS over and over until Jim Jordan or MTG or some other batshit holds an actual hearing so the head of the FBI or capitol police or somebody has to sit there and get screamed at on camera for more sound bytes.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Why is Tucker wearing sandals with a suit is that like his attempt at a lol I work from home so don't have to wear pants thing?

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

There were absolutely feds in the crowd as undercovers or informants that day with those groups.

There is absolutely no way they encouraged the group to attack.

But still lol at the Trumper cult crying "But.....but he told me to mace that cop!!" as an excuse.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Bottom Liner posted:

Crashing the economy enough to somehow steer the outcome of a presedential election would not be controllable in any way.

I disagree, a few key industries with an increase in price or stock shortage is easy for the news to manufacture into "complete economic collapse".

Look how the price of pork was used in the last election or the cost of eggs. Or even things like the migrant caravans that the news is showning every week until election day.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

TremorX posted:

Just like the voter fraud that handed Biden the election, the allegations of super secret cloak & dagger chicanery are a psychological defense mechanism predicated on gut feelings and "trust me bro".

Edit:

Rescue Toaster posted:

Then some GOP politician makes some statement about how their constituents are asking about it.
Then some other GOP politician says some poo poo like 'Lots of people are wondering.... maybe it's time for a hearing." if dems are in control add in "Democrats refuse to hold a hearing."
Then it circles back around to Fox/OANN/whatever "Congress talking about hearing for Antifa plants at Jan 6"

And loop around and around, amplifying the BS over and over until Jim Jordan or MTG or some other batshit holds an actual hearing so the head of the FBI or capitol police or somebody has to sit there and get screamed at on camera for more sound bytes.

Also this. Top-down marching orders at right wing media outlets incentivize pundits to JAQ off or flat out invent poo poo out of whole cloth like "terrorist fist jab", then the new talking point gets telephoned through the MAGA ecosystem where it gains traction and next thing you know, at this Ohio diner, all anyone can talk about is Obama's terrorist fist jab.

Dick Jones fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 9, 2024

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

PhazonLink posted:

but Tuck already has a workshop that he doesnt touch?

I think it was posted that Fox seized it when they shitcanned him :rubby:

Fobby
Jun 28, 2023

priznat posted:

Biden enacting stronger labour protections that result is higher wages is probably the only way to increase consumer purchasing power. I have no idea what policy that aligns with GOP principles would make it easier for Joe pubic to buy a loaf of bread. Prices will not go down!

I think you're certainly correct about this but there are still reasons people might vote against Biden. It's harder to conceptualize the chain of events and timeframe here leading to more money in any given voter's pocket versus some detail-free and simple promise Trump could make (and break). People could claim that if Biden was going to do anything he would have done it his first term, ignoring the roadblocks from Congress. They might just not believe it, since there's a lot of anti-union/labor propaganda. Also they could attack Biden's record here based on that railroad strike. Maybe they're just dissatisfied with cost and think any change is a good change or things were better for them when Trump was president regardless of cause and effect.

I guess the point I'm making is that Democrats and everyone who wants Biden reelected should be prepared to convincingly make that argument, assuming voters can be convinced by words nowadays. It probably would be counterproductive to go with a Clintonesque, "that's just what the prices are now after my presidency and you have to pay them at your current income level or get a better job as a computer programmer."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DemonTrigger posted:

I think it was posted that Fox seized it when they shitcanned him :rubby:

Yeah he had a home studio set up that Fox had furnished him with, and after he violated the non-compete clause of his termination agreement by filming his first show with/on Twitter, Lachlan Murdoch sent the goons to his house and repo'd all of the broadcast equipment that was still legally Fox property. Everything he's working with now is coming either out of his own or Elon Musk's pocket.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Burning_Monk posted:

I disagree, a few key industries with an increase in price or stock shortage is easy for the news to manufacture into "complete economic collapse".

Look how the price of pork was used in the last election or the cost of eggs. Or even things like the migrant caravans that the news is showning every week until election day.
You uh may want to check the election results for 18, 20 and 22

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

lol, some of the filet-o-fish are already missing. looks like ol trumpy's had already dipped into his fish delites by time the picture was taken

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Fobby posted:

I think you're certainly correct about this but there are still reasons people might vote against Biden. It's harder to conceptualize the chain of events and timeframe here leading to more money in any given voter's pocket versus some detail-free and simple promise Trump could make (and break). People could claim that if Biden was going to do anything he would have done it his first term, ignoring the roadblocks from Congress. They might just not believe it, since there's a lot of anti-union/labor propaganda. Also they could attack Biden's record here based on that railroad strike. Maybe they're just dissatisfied with cost and think any change is a good change or things were better for them when Trump was president regardless of cause and effect.

I guess the point I'm making is that Democrats and everyone who wants Biden reelected should be prepared to convincingly make that argument, assuming voters can be convinced by words nowadays. It probably would be counterproductive to go with a Clintonesque, "that's just what the prices are now after my presidency and you have to pay them at your current income level or get a better job as a computer programmer."

Yeah it’s a tough hill to climb especially for anyone campaigning on things that are doable in this reality. I think reframing into some kind of improving things for workers especially in the realm of wages while pointing out companies have been taking in record profits while increasing wages at a far slower rate etc.. it’s not a silver bullet unfortunately and would probably require too much faith in voters intelligence and willingness to vote in their own self interests.

It’s harder to show correlation than things like school debt forgiveness or drug reform though and would probably make the wealth class even madder being forced to cut the plebs in.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Nessus posted:

You uh may want to check the election results for 18, 20 and 22

Some of the largest tax cuts for billionaires ever?

And the removal of RvW?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rescue Toaster posted:

Yep. And this is the formula for everything they do.

You missed the first step though: Out there, somewhere, is a group (maybe several) who are pushing these ideas into the cycle to start. They probably use focus groups and polls and other tools to find out what issues or phrasing would work best, then they inject it into the above process.

It doesn't always work, but they are always trying, and it only takes a few to catch on to work.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Dapper_Swindler posted:

very true but i always wonder how much of ths poo poo assholes like jordan and higgins believe. Like gosar and green and boeb believer most of the bullshit. and cruz believes some of the idiology but not this poo poo but will parrot it because power. i always wonder about higgins.

Probably around all of it. I think one of the more telling things Elon Musk said in recent weeks was that he doesn't look online or read papers to see what the news is, he gets everything from posts on Twitter. A very large number of people in this country are in a similar situation where they go by what extremely curated sources tell them instead of a broad spectrum of sources. MTG was a QAnon believer for several years, only renouncing the ideology after the 2018 midterms, supposedly. We have video of her stalking AOC down the halls of Congress and yelling through her office's mail slot, accompanied by a guy who got arrested for his actions on J6,;she heckled David Hogg at an event because she didn't think Parkland happened.

I know a lot of people in this thread listen to Knowledge Fight because it is frequently referenced as the only context people have for Alex Jones' insanity. You could run 50 Knowledge Fights off of other right wing media and have content left over because they just have so much weird poo poo out there and the politicians in the same sphere actively follow this poo poo. The right wing is a content farm, not a political entity. If you give Ted Cruz the option to ban all abortion or record a low effort podcast he's going to the studio every time. These people suck not just for their opinions, but for their dedication to actually doing their jobs.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Fobby posted:

Biden, and Democrats, just need to point out the inflation is a worldwide thing, and the USA is doing pretty good compared to other countries. Too many Americans view the USA as the only country that exists, and that our economy is some special void that has prices set by a lever on the President's desk. It's a good thing that people are getting smarter as we progress because the only people who are really buying into that these days are boomers, and they've been replaced since 2020.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Burning_Monk posted:

Some of the largest tax cuts for billionaires ever?

And the removal of RvW?

how'd all that turn out politically for the people that ostensibly supported those things

don't bother going to google to try to spin whatever dumbass doomer narrative you're trying to push for whatever ridiculous reason: badly

gently caress, look at just 3 months ago, the offest-year of off year elections that have been dominated by blood-red boomers for actual decades. nothing went right for reds that night.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Coolguye posted:

how'd all that turn out politically for the people that ostensibly supported those things

don't bother going to google to try to spin whatever dumbass doomer narrative you're trying to push for whatever ridiculous reason: badly

gently caress, look at just 3 months ago, the offest-year of off year elections that have been dominated by blood-red boomers for actual decades. nothing went right for reds that night.
If Joe Biden didn't personally support the overturning of Roe vs. Wade and the tax cuts of 2017, why do I keep insisting that he did?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

lmao my buddy is was staying there in a few weeks for a wedding

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Nessus posted:

If Joe Biden didn't personally support the overturning of Roe vs. Wade and the tax cuts of 2017, why do I keep insisting that he did?

I looked it up and all the official source say he didn't. How the hell does Joe Biden keep getting away with changing all the official sources like this!

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Philthy posted:

Biden, and Democrats, just need to point out the inflation is a worldwide thing, and the USA is doing pretty good compared to other countries.

I don't see this as a winning strategy, personally. It's not incorrect, but I don't see how focusing on this moves the needle on getting a new or sometimes dem-voter to go to their polling place on election day. If someone is getting crushed by price increases on everything, they want to know what the candidate plans to do for them here and now.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Thanks for clarifying that

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

dr_rat posted:

How the hell does Joe Biden keep getting away with changing all the official sources like this!
~* ThE dEeP sTaTe*~

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Burning_Monk posted:

so failure after failure? it will surely work this time!

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Coolguye posted:

It has worked out great for the donors. Literally could not have been better. They have their cake and get to bitch that democrats poisoned it on the news every night.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Burning_Monk posted:

It has worked out great for the donors. Literally could not have been better. They have their cake and get to bitch that democrats poisoned it on the news every night.
You have a much higher opinion of the intelligence and strategic ability of the donor class in this country than I do

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

George H.W. oval office posted:

lmao my buddy is was staying there in a few weeks for a wedding

sounds like maybe a gas explosion

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Aramis posted:

The duality of man is Tucker wanting so hard to rebrand as a Ron Swanson type, but refusing to drop the jacket and tie under any circumstance.

He wants people to think he's the Swanson he isn't instead of the Swanson he is.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrMojok posted:

Thanks for clarifying that

PROOF!

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Nessus posted:

You have a much higher opinion of the intelligence and strategic ability of the donor class in this country than I do

Yes. True.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Burning_Monk posted:

People love to donate tons of money and lose.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

kazil posted:

sorry but Trump's already won

Don't you dare put that evil on Minnesota, we haven't voted for a Republican since Nixon.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

concerned at the "Exterm" on the top there. I'd say this is Dale Gribble's truck but first of all he had a van, and second of all I'm confident Dale Gribble would have instantly seen beyond the Qanon-o-sphere and instead perceived the true reality that birds are government drones and Joe Biden is a bird psy-op.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I like that the court responses keep getting shorter. I really want just a "no" before the end of 2024.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

loving what drugs and math are you on

Young Conservatives.

It's mean to mock people for how they look. BUT JUST LOOK AT THIS SMUG WEENIE!

Can you imagine being a teenager, and being friends with anyone who looks like this?

On a bigger scale, when I was a teenager, I could not imagine being friends with anyone who cared so deeply about a particular politician. Let alone Trump.

And just to exercise my old man muscle. I have no idea who any of the rap people who this kid says are supposedly are endorsing Trump are, and I will guarantee that he doesn't either. I bet the artists themselves made a throwaway comment in exchange for cash once, and have themselves forgotten.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I like that this kid looks like he's balding at 17.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

TremorX posted:

I think I remember something about the leader of the proud boys being an FBI informant. He was charged with sedition, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

kazil posted:

sorry but Trump's already won

ah, this is the reality where the shithead fake electors for New Mexico were somehow determined to be real

can't believe those fucks are getting away with what they did without being open to prosecution. it's loving horseshit