Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Another thing I've been meaning to ask is, why are Albums so limited? There are so many variants out there but the only collecting bonus you get is for a narrow selection of Dan Hipp, Jim Lee X-Men, and Venomized Villains?

Also I guess Hellfire Gala of which I have 0 in the actual album despite hitting 52 on the season pass last month.
Because they don't want to give away free stuff if they don't have to/release the albums in a way that maximises people buying variants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Thinking about that reminded me that I bought the Season Pass this month, and I didn't redeem the free crap from the NuVerse online shop, got me a new mystery variant, icon I'll likely never use and 250 credits :D

gently caress I had no idea this was a thing, wonder how much stuff I missed out on last season

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I just think okoye is useless half the time and not even guaranteed to be that game changing even if you can use it on time.

Okoye directly benefits Blob, though.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Red posted:

Okoye directly benefits Blob, though.

In theory, but how often does that matter? Blob is already way, way too large. Like, he's already a 6/35, do you really need Okoye to make him a 6/45?

Man, do I hate Blob.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Skippy McPants posted:

In theory, but how often does that matter? Blob is already way, way too large. Like, he's already a 6/35, do you really need Okoye to make him a 6/45?

Man, do I hate Blob.

I have to ensure my Blob is more morbidly obese than my opponent’s!

Edit: The sound effect for Blob 'eating' the cards should be one long belch.

Red fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jan 9, 2024

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

Red posted:

The belch should also be louder the larger he becomes. They took away the stacking of the particle effects of all the cards he ate, give me something Second Dinner! :argh:

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha

Kooriken posted:

The belch should also be louder the larger he becomes. They took away the stacking of the particle effects of all the cards he ate, give me something Second Dinner! :argh:

Blob ate second dinner. And third. And fourth. And fifth….

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Kooriken posted:

Ben Brode is just leaving money on the table here

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Today was the second time in literally a month that my shop has had any album variants (I snagged Jim Lee Rogue a week or so ago) and it’s not just one, but FIVE…and they’re all 1200 gold premium variants. C’mon, guys, I know you’re targeting the whales, but you gotta mix it up a little. The rollout of albums has been so stupid.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I think all of the Hellfire Club ones are SR at minimum

A couple of the Jim Lee ones are just regular Rare but a lot are SR

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Yeah definitely sick of seeing blob, they need to nerf him, at least make him always reveal first or something so at least you can gamble on a SK or Shang Chi

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

hanyolo posted:

Yeah definitely sick of seeing blob, they need to nerf him, at least make him always reveal first or something so at least you can gamble on a SK or Shang Chi

They need to change how his On Reveal works. That's the only way to get his power in line.

Thick 6-drops are supposed to come with downsides and deck-building requirements. Blob has the highest power of any 6-drop by a mile, no appreciable downside, and only moderate deck-building requirements. When you put him side-by-side with other six-cost stat sticks like Infinaut, Apoc, HE Hulk, Orka, it's downright sad how puny they all look in comparison. Most of their best-case power outputs can't even match Blob's worst-case scenario. His power range should be something like 15-25, not 25-40.

If it were up to me, I'd reimagine him as a 4-drop that absorbs the top 1-2 cards of your deck. Something like an Iron Lad, but for stats rather than card text.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Jan 9, 2024

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

FlamingLiberal posted:

I think all of the Hellfire Club ones are SR at minimum

A couple of the Jim Lee ones are just regular Rare but a lot are SR

There are no Ultimate variants in albums, at least. All 12 HFCs are Super Rare though, and the only one of the four existing albums to not have a majority of SRs is the Hipp album. Venomised Villains has seven SRs as I recall and I think Jim Lee has eight.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Jedit posted:

There are no Ultimate variants in albums, at least. All 12 HFCs are Super Rare though, and the only one of the four existing albums to not have a majority of SRs is the Hipp album. Venomised Villains has seven SRs as I recall and I think Jim Lee has eight.

Putting Ultimates in the albums is probably counterproductive. The whole point seems to be tricking people into 1200 gold impulse buys in the shop. Tokens are a much scarce resource that folk're less likely to spend on cosmetics, but hey, you can always buy more gold so why not?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Maybe limit blob to normal use case and absorb the top 3 cards of your deck which is what he'd do if you weren't running Thanos or whatever. That or if he gotta be a darkhawk counter he eats the deck but only gains from the top 3

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Here's my take:

Blob
0/0
On Reveal: Eat cards from your deck equal to your spare energy and gain their power.

If you don't want it to double up with Sunspot or Sinister London, make it spend the energy.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Jedit posted:

The Steampunk album includes variants that were only available as part of a Season Pass. Not sure if those cards are in rotation yet.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
What if blob was rebuilt to be deck thinner that was like a 3/3 that eats anything with 0 power in the deck

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Bad Video Games posted:

The Steampunk album includes variants that were only available as part of a Season Pass. Not sure if those cards are in rotation yet.

The Steampunk album isn't in the game yet. If it comes out and those variants aren't in rotation yet, then we'll talk. And shout, at SD.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
If you want to get Blob's power a little more in line with other 6 drops, just give him +3 or +4 power for each card he eats. Still pretty strong in Thanos, but doesn't get up to 50 power anymore unless Darkhawk does it to him.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Bad Video Games posted:

They were available as a Variant Rush (an event they're no longer doing where every box you opened during the time span had a chance to contain one of those variants included in the rush, and they would not be obtainable afterward) and they've already re-released the Winterverse cards from that other Variant Rush. So they'll definitely add them into the store rotation if that leaked album goes live as-is.

No Season Pass variant has ever been released into the store afaik, except for the passes from the beta getting added as cash bundles for players who couldn't play the game then.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

DeepDickPizza posted:

Today was the second time in literally a month that my shop has had any album variants (I snagged Jim Lee Rogue a week or so ago) and it’s not just one, but FIVE…and they’re all 1200 gold premium variants. C’mon, guys, I know you’re targeting the whales, but you gotta mix it up a little. The rollout of albums has been so stupid.

the past three days my shop has been flooded with lovely dan hipp variants its so boring, I do want corporate art aesthetics in a super hero game

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Oh God, Hipp does give Corporate Memphis. I hate that you put that in my head.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Red posted:

It should just be an exact audio rip from the 90's X-Men arcade cabinet.

"Nothing moves The Blob!"

Edit: Magneto should also say,
"Welcome to DIE!"

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jan 9, 2024

Red
Apr 15, 2003

DrBouvenstein posted:

It should just be an exact audio rip from the 90's X-Men arcade cabinet.

"Nothing moves The Blob!"

Edit: Magneto should also say,
"Welcome to DIE!"

Whenever something tries (and fails) to destroy Colossus, he should do the UHRUHHHHHHHHH sound from that game.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Wendigo card when?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Veryslightlymad posted:

Wendigo card when?

Pyro card when?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

DrBouvenstein posted:

Pyro card when?

Cannonball card when?

I also need an “Invulnerable while a’hm blastin’!” title

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Oh drat, they made Stegron a 4/7.

He might almost be playable now.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I'd like a Stilt-Man card that can move each turn, but only to an adjacent location.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Lol they buffed Alioth. Back to a 6/3.

Unforgivable.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Someone test new Loki with Quinjet for me tia I’m at work

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Devo posted:

Someone test new Loki with Quinjet for me tia I’m at work

He works with Quinjet. They said on Discord that they specifically tweaked Quinjet on the backend to work with transformed cards.

So I guess Quinjet will work on your pigs now too.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
I've been series 3 complete for a while now. But with cards dropping from 4 to 3 today, I'm missing Master Mold and Spiderman 2099. Am I going to get these out of Collector's Reserves again? I see I can get one with 1000 tokens, but I'm not spending tokens on either of those cards.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Ha, I loving knew it that Quinjet wouldn't be changed for Loki. There's no way they would change something so fundamental and not mention it in the patch notes.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

canyonero posted:

I've been series 3 complete for a while now. But with cards dropping from 4 to 3 today, I'm missing Master Mold and Spiderman 2099. Am I going to get these out of Collector's Reserves again? I see I can get one with 1000 tokens, but I'm not spending tokens on either of those cards.

Yep! I picked up Stegron as my free series 3 and then opened Master Mold from some saved reserves.

Now I'm only missing Martyr and Howard. I'm okay with that.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I was going to get the dropped series 3 cards from my reserves but actually, why bother? I could just pick up one from the free thing today, and get the other next month.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Skippy McPants posted:

He works with Quinjet. They said on Discord that they specifically tweaked Quinjet on the backend to work with transformed cards.

So I guess Quinjet will work on your pigs now too.

:nice:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Stegron also got a stealth buff, to 4/7.

e: beaten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Protip posted:

Yep! I picked up Stegron as my free series 3 and then opened Master Mold from some saved reserves.

Now I'm only missing Martyr and Howard. I'm okay with that.

I was thinking I would have a free card too, but mine says I already claimed it and I'll have another one in 4 weeks.