Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Considering how popular Vtubing is that would be a very very long list

Though awkward people that can only watch a woman stream if they have a buffer isn’t exactly worthy of a list

getting some real "I don't see anything weird about having a body pillow" vibes off this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tiny rogue is also really good.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

MarcusSA posted:

Tiny rogue is also really good.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

MarcusSA posted:

Pro life tip do not install Holocure.

Too late :grin:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

very

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Barreft posted:

A few days ago someone was asking about HDR on Moonlight. The newest Nightly version has it enabled:

Oh poo poo thanks for the heads up.

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!
I’m finally getting around to playing Rocksteady’s Arkham Asylum. Runs fine with the GE proton compatibility tool. I can turn the deck to like 5 w TDP and retain 60 fps.

And here’s the PhysX demo, featuring the hottest tech of, um, 2010.
https://youtu.be/9_UNRp7Wrog?feature=shared

Except enabling PhysX will pop up an error saying it’ll fall back to the CPU implementation, tanking performance.
This video describes enabling it in Arkham City, the sequel - so I’ll give it a shot…
https://youtu.be/pS9OQ7CW6hE?feature=shared

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Surely that's for NVIDIA cards only? I presume the AMD chip can't do Physx under hardware.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Tiny Timbs posted:

So does Halls of Torment, but using it seems like missing the point

I use the auto-attack like 90% of the time. It's nice to be able to toggle it.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Surely that's for NVIDIA cards only? I presume the AMD chip can't do Physx under hardware.

PhysX is just compute shaders.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Kaddish posted:

I use the auto-attack like 90% of the time. It's nice to be able to toggle it.

The whole reason I like VS games is that you don't need a 2nd hand. There's tons of other twin stick games I can suck at already.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The fans demand that we add a second stick to our one stick shooter

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

I was playing a bit of The Gnorp Apologue on my Deck the other night, which was a bit annoying trying to replicate mouse control with the triggers/sticks, but otherwise worked fine. When I tried to play again yesterday, the game repeatedly when trying to launch it, Steam icon with circles around it and then back to the Deck Library screen. I tried restarting the Deck to see if that would fix it, but no luck. What are some steps I can take to try and clear out whatever gunk is preventing it from opening?

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

IAmTheRad posted:

I did ship the items today. I got tracking numbers, plugged them into eBay. My main duty is finished, just waiting for delivery confirmation and to see if my buyers raise any issues.

If everything resolves fine, and the buyers don't raise no issues, I will order the deck no earlier than the 15th. As long as 2 are delivered by then, doesn't matter which 2, I will be able to get it. I will need to wait until all 3 are delivered to get the Micro SD card, and will wait until the funds are no longer on hold to order a nice dinner one day.

And will still have enough after to buy Cyberpunk 2077 and/or BG3. Depending on sale prices. Unless I just get Persona 3 Reload, hmm... Ehh I can emulate FES anyway, no persona needed. Yet.

I just want the deck by the 25th so I can load up Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth on it and go to town.

Def order as early as you can. I’m about to enter day 7 of “item packaged,” shipping pending.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Insanite posted:

Def order as early as you can. I’m about to enter day 7 of “item packaged,” shipping pending.

Don’t tell me that poo poo. I’m only on day 2 and I was really hoping it would be here by the weekend.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Waffle! posted:

For Vampire Survivor clones, I've been playing Soulstone Survivors, and Death Must Die. I like DMD because the graphics are crunchy and they remind me of Diablo 2.

Death Must Die didn't do it for me. It was decently fun, but the writing clashed with the visual aesthetic, and there is not much content right now.

I should go back to HoloCure. I forgot about that one.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Play Death Must Die.

I played Death Must Die

Everyone should play Death Must Die, another perfect deck game

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Downloaded Holocure...uh-oh...

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

getting some real "I don't see anything weird about having a body pillow" vibes off this post

I mean I haven’t cared what’s in a nerds bedroom in a long long time nor do I care what streamers they watch

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Downloaded Holocure...uh-oh...

RIP your time

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean I haven’t cared what’s in a nerds bedroom in a long long time nor do I care what streamers they watch
:same:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It’s impossible to have a forums discussion on VTubers without going down the rabbit hole of what kind of characters many of these streamers present themselves as, so I’m extremely excited

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Only VS and Brotato have really worked for me from that genre. I've tried quite a few others but usually the art or the visuals (to the detriment of gameplay) usually ruin them for me. In 20 minutes till dawn and boneraiser minions for instance I can't see poo poo and it's hard to tell what is my attack vs. enemy attacks sometimes.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
I tried loads of clones and only VS was any good. The rest all have atrocious busy visuals

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Man, Death's Gambit: Afterlife is so good and a joy to play. Easily one of the better Metroidvanias out there, and the sense of humor injected into the pseudo Souls vibe is great. Maybe you not actually lose all your souls on death is huge.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

god i miss shame

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Fuzz posted:

Man, Death's Gambit: Afterlife is so good and a joy to play. Easily one of the better Metroidvanias out there, and the sense of humor injected into the pseudo Souls vibe is great. Maybe you not actually lose all your souls on death is huge.

One thing I think could be improved is that the game doesn't really explain what the different classes... do... before you pick one.

Like, it's going for a Dark Souls thing with limited descriptions, but in Dark Souls all the stats make sense, and you can press a button to get more details on a given stat.

In DG:A, some of the stats are easy to parse, but others aren't, so I had to just pick one and hope it clicked with me.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Annath posted:

One thing I think could be improved is that the game doesn't really explain what the different classes... do... before you pick one.

Like, it's going for a Dark Souls thing with limited descriptions, but in Dark Souls all the stats make sense, and you can press a button to get more details on a given stat.

In DG:A, some of the stats are easy to parse, but others aren't, so I had to just pick one and hope it clicked with me.

They changed the entire starting menu with the DLC from what it was before, apparently, so now it does exactly what you want, I think.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Whoreson Welles posted:

Don’t tell me that poo poo. I’m only on day 2 and I was really hoping it would be here by the weekend.

Hoping it’s a a big weekly shipment, in that case.

e: posting complaints always works. just got a shipment prep notification. i'll hope that yours goes out today, too. :yaycloud:

Insanite fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jan 9, 2024

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Annath posted:

in Dark Souls all the stats make sense

I…think that this is not really true, at least if it’s your first Souls game.

Voodoo Cafe
Jul 19, 2004
"You got, uhh, Holden Caulfield in there, man?"

Annath posted:

in Dark Souls all the stats make sense

yes, and that's why maxing resistance in ds1 is so important

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
How do I update my discover-version of moonlight to nightly without messin stuff up?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Insanite posted:

Based on shipping from Canada Post to my buyers, Tuesday next week is the earliest I could technically buy it. That assumes my buyers aren't dicks who want a refund or the like.

I can always wait a few days to play infinite wealth. It's not going anywhere.

But I think one game I'll install after I get it to see how well the OLED works because it's vibrant and colorful would be Project Diva Mega Mix+.

IAmTheRad fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jan 9, 2024

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

IAmTheRad posted:

Based on shipping from Canada Post to my buyers, Tuesday next week is the earliest I could technically buy it. That assumes my buyers aren't dicks who want a refund or the like.

I can always wait a few days to play infinite wealth. It's not going anywhere.

What's the window for them to decide if they want to return it or scam you? You should probably factor that in so this saga can be dragged out a bit further.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Suburban Dad posted:

What's the window for them to decide if they want to return it or scam you? You should probably factor that in so this saga can be dragged out a bit further.

30 days, but if they give a positive review they can no longer try to screw me over. Even when I say no refunds and sales as-in, if it's damaged or not as described, eBay themselves can override it and force me to give a refund and pay for return postage if I fail to provide appropriate evidence to the contrary.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Insanite posted:

Hoping it’s a a big weekly shipment, in that case.

e: posting complaints always works. just got a shipment prep notification. i'll hope that yours goes out today, too. :yaycloud:

Same here, just got the email! You spoke it into existence you magician.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
It's a bit of a fringe case but i'm trying to add Xenosaga Episode 3 to the deck via emudeck and hitting a bit of a weird bug.

There are 2 discs (and individual files) and when I use emudeck to parse them, it only detects disc 2. Deleting that second disc lets it detect the first one in the folder.

This is the only game I've seen it do this on though. Other 2 disc games (including Xenosaga Episode 2) have parsed fine with both files being detected.

Anyone else encountered this?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Kin posted:

It's a bit of a fringe case but i'm trying to add Xenosaga Episode 3 to the deck via emudeck and hitting a bit of a weird bug.

There are 2 discs (and individual files) and when I use emudeck to parse them, it only detects disc 2. Deleting that second disc lets it detect the first one in the folder.

This is the only game I've seen it do this on though. Other 2 disc games (including Xenosaga Episode 2) have parsed fine with both files being detected.

Anyone else encountered this?

Oh man, I had this issue with Xenosaga Ep3, and some other multi-disc games, but I can't remember how I solved it. I did eventually get it though, if I remember I'll let you know.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

have you tried setting an exclusion for the first game it finds ie disc 2 and then re-parsing to see if that stays excluded and the first disc pops up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Hammer Bro. posted:

Death Must Die didn't do it for me. It was decently fun, but the writing clashed with the visual aesthetic, and there is not much content right now.

I should go back to HoloCure. I forgot about that one.

The writing is just a placeholder for now. But yeah it's still very very new

Rolo posted:

How do I update my discover-version of moonlight to nightly without messin stuff up?

If you're using the HDR test appimage, just put it wherever and run it. It is it's own program (I think, I know barely anything about linux)

https://github.com/moonlight-stream/moonlight-qt/issues/1117 will keep you up to how they're doing. it's very alpha currently ofc

Barreft fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jan 10, 2024