Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have mint and it's cheap and it works. Thank you Ryan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

skybolt_1 posted:

Obligatory Ben Garrison:

Lil homie gay rear end

Griz
May 21, 2001

I switched to Mint after AT&T arbitrarily decided that they would not support my phone anymore

same phone worked fine there at like half the cost of AT&T prepaid

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I was thinking about getting a Pine phone (Linux based) and looked at many of the major retailers to ask about phone compatibility. Every single one looked at me like I was talking about an alien species on Star Trek and that Linux is a "European brand" that just wouldn't work with our 'murican system :911:. I settled on Verizon, which my parents have. It's OK, I guess, but I'm still salty that they were unable* to accommodate a Pine phone.

* Unwilling

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I was thinking about getting a Pine phone (Linux based) and looked at many of the major retailers to ask about phone compatibility. Every single one looked at me like I was talking about an alien species on Star Trek and that Linux is a "European brand" that just wouldn't work with our 'murican system :911:. I settled on Verizon, which my parents have. It's OK, I guess, but I'm still salty that they were unable* to accommodate a Pine phone.

* Unwilling

It'll work with most carriers, but if you were stopped by the store worker who will certainly have never heard of it, then I think it was probably for the best.. PinePhones are not exactly something that you expect to work like you want out of the box.

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

Injuryprone posted:

Lil homie gay rear end

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Ben is our Norman Rockwell

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Newsweek is reporting that the new Department of Labor rule entitling gig workers to sons of the legal benefits and protections as other workers is TERRIBLE FOR THE WORKERS and I want to launch myself into the sun

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

The Cameo posted:

you’re still on Verizon

it’s literally called visible by Verizon

(it’s a good deal)

Sun Wu Kong arrogantly boasting he can escape the major telcos

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

PLEASE BE SATISFIED WITH YOUR NEW GIG WAGE SLAVERY

NO YOU MAY NOT ASK FOR LEGAL RIGHTS

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Stereotype posted:

good time to buy Boeing stock since there’s no way in hell the US government will let them fail even if every one of their planes was grounded for being a deathtrap

The economy lurched unsteadily and began “tipping left and right.” The Fed chairman's voice came over the speakers urging calm.

“I’m like, ‘Something’s bad happening, something wrong is going on, it’s not right.’ That’s where the fear set in, and I started getting really scared,” he said.

He said the gaping hole in the economy wasn’t visible to everyone, and he and others initially didn’t know what was happening around them. He recalled a woman yelling out that someone’s shirt was sucked off their body through a hole in the economy. And then another man stood up and shouted, pointing back: “There’s a (expletive) hole in the economy! There’s a hole!”

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

There was a EXIT DOOR here

It’s gone now

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

You know the American Airlines crash in 2001 where a jet crashed because, when the pilot encountered mild turbulence, he slammed the rudder so far to the right the vertical stabilizer flew off and the plane disintegrated in a spin?

That seems to be how liberals respond to any crisis.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

skooma512 posted:

It’s gone now

I don't see the problem man, there's a door to the outside right there

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Stereotype posted:

good time to buy Boeing stock since there’s no way in hell the US government will let them fail even if every one of their planes was grounded for being a deathtrap

I fondly recall their CEO clarifying a few years ago that any bailout package involving some kind of public stakeholder arrangement would not be welcome, but please pretty please do bail us out.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

https://www.post-gazette.com/busine...es/202401080010

quote:

How many hospital beds are enough? Report finds that Western Pennsylvania has too many

Jan 9, 2024

Western Pennsylvania hospitals have continued to open new beds, despite data indicating that the region has been overbedded for years, an expense that some experts say ultimately drives up the cost of health care.

Defying a national trend of hospital closures that have especially stung in rural areas, Western Pennsylvania hospitals licensed 229 new beds between 2017 and 2021, according to business consultant Compass Lexecon. All but three of those new beds came from five hospitals that Allegheny Health Network opened in the Pittsburgh area during the four-year period.

There’s no simple metric for determining the right number of hospital beds needed in a given region, and many administrators have been loath to shutter units at their institutions for various reasons, but researchers in this case pointed to data showing plenty of empty beds as backing up their argument that the region has too many.

The issue may become front and center as community hospitals continue to face COVID-19 related financial strains. The five-hospital Independence Health System, for example, is struggling under a 12-month loss from operations that totaled $79.3 million in June, partly blamed on inflated labor costs related to the pandemic.

Harold Miller, president and CEO of Downtown-based consultant Center for Healthcare Quality & Payment Reform, disputed the significance of inpatient bed counts.

“It tells you something about the physical plant capacity to be able to handle patients,” he said. “But it’s not all that relevant for anyone anymore.”

Economists say unnecessary duplication of medical services and equipment is a cost ultimately borne by the consumer in the form of higher health insurance premiums.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Xaris posted:

is the era of lovely hilariously comically ovepriced us cell service finally coming to an end? i switched to visible which is $20 (that's actually all inclusive of taxes/fees) vs verizon where i was like close to a benjamin a month after all the taxes/fees, which was absurd. don't know why i waited so long, and it was painless to port number too and done in like 15 minutes. seems like service is even better. was lookin into mint or us mobile and seems like it was the same thing for like $20 a month.

god bless bidenomics

since i have xfinity for internet i use their mobile plan also, and since I rarely use data (I stay under 1GB a month easily) it's $15/month

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

gotta reduce all excess inventories or the shareholders are gunna get angry.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer

skooma512 posted:

It’s gone now

Oh no, now we can't get out!!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

this unlocked a core memory of when my parents bought me a DOS game called "Capitalism" when I was a kid, probably hoping to teach me how to survive in the economy or something

https://obscuritory.com/sim/capitalism/

I remember it shared a passing resemblance to more normal simulation games of the time like Sim City, Sim Tower, or Sim Farm, but when you started playing you realized it was definitely designed in hell by demons to torture children

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Vox Nihili posted:

this unlocked a core memory of when my parents bought me a DOS game called "Capitalism" when I was a kid, probably hoping to teach me how to survive in the economy or something

I remember it shared a passing resemblance to more normal simulation games of the time like Sim City, Sim Tower, or Sim Farm, but when you started playing you realized it was definitely designed in hell by demons to torture children

This is one of the very few games I've played where I was completely unable to finish the tutorial scenarios.

Apr 7, 2003

half of the featured for sale games are about being a drug dealer

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

I wonder where these cool $10 mil came from when you start the game.

Or does it make you build your empire from the ground up by placing you at a regular worker's level.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Frosted Flake posted:

You know the American Airlines crash in 2001 where a jet crashed because, when the pilot encountered mild turbulence, he slammed the rudder so far to the right the vertical stabilizer flew off and the plane disintegrated in a spin?

That seems to be how liberals respond to any crisis.

drat, turns out Mohamed Atta was just a REALLY bad pilot.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

skooma512 posted:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

Try capitalism 2, it's better. Better ui and menus, less agriculture.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Drug wars / dope wars is (funnily enough) the gateway drug for poo poo like this. First you're playing dope wars on your ti 86 in math class, next you're playing aerobiz and complaining about British subsidies to your rivals. Many such cases!

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

When supply is low, prices go up.
When supply is high, prices go up.

I am an economist.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

Try capitalism 2, it's better. Better ui and menus, less agriculture.

i remember cornering a market and spending everything on stock buybacks worked really well in this, it was very prescient

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Vox Nihili posted:

I play its successor, Capitalism Lab. It still gets updates and DLC. I’m looking forward to one this month with a global market to sell poo poo to

Apr 7, 2003

Check this out: Crapitalism

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Check this out: Crabitalism

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Check this out: Crackitalism

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Retromancer posted:

drat, turns out Mohamed Atta was just a REALLY bad pilot.

he didn’t buy the landing training DLC

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Everyone is running and smiling! The crabs are getting bigger.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

skooma512 posted:

Awaken To Equity

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

Akratic Method posted:

Everyone is running and smiling! The crabs are getting bigger.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Check this out: Wopitalism

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Lol

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

* Unwilling

I looked into this PinePhone and this showed up on their page about halfway down.

Lmao GoonPhone seems interesting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

mycomancy posted:

I looked into this PinePhone and this showed up on their page about halfway down.

Lmao GoonPhone seems interesting!

how is his face so big