Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Harlock posted:

All time bust Zach Wilson was still a starter by year 3

No no, this was going to be a redshirt year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Imagine Bryce playing football in 1999.

Rodney Harrison just flying through the air for 10 yards like a lawn dart as he overshoots a leaping HTH into Bryce

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Doltos posted:

List of QBs that had a near statistical season as Bryce their rookie year or way worse that are starting right now:

Jared Goff
Josh Allen
Matthew Stafford
Jalen Hurts
Geno Smith
Kirk Cousins
Joe Flacco
Ryan Tannehill

Can you explain what metric you're using to determine "a near statistical season or way worse" because when I look at them this is what I see

Flacco's first season he put up similar numbers with 100 fewer attempts (6.9 yards/attempt vs bryce's 5.5 lmao)
Tannehil had 500 more yards on 40 fewer attempts
Jalen Hurts is another "way more Y/A than Bryce" guy (also he adds way more in the run game than Bryce did)
I'm not sure how I'm supposed to even evaluate Cousins in this one, he was drafted as a backup in the fourth round and had 14 games played at the end of his third year. But if I add all those up then uh...he was way better.
Geno's a pretty fair comparison. He was also drafted 38 spots lower.
Josh Allen had ~2700 yards in 12 games (11 starts) when you add in his rushing, which only puts him ~500 yards behind what Bryce did in 16. And add another one to the list of a way higher yards/attempt
Stafford and Goff are actually decent comparisons.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Cardinals had the number 1 pick in the draft. If the Panthers had the number 1 pick then yea, absolutely, draft Williams and move on. Unfortunately despite being the worst team in the league they don’t have the number 1 pick because they already spent it on Bryce Young, so they might as well see if they can salvage him.

So? Russ was a 3rd round pick. Just go get someone else it literally (not figuratively) can't get worse.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Doltos posted:

You're not allowed to say Peyton Manning even though he's an example? That's kind of selective bias right there.

List of QBs that had a near statistical season as Bryce their rookie year or way worse that are starting right now:

Jared Goff
Josh Allen
Matthew Stafford
Jalen Hurts
Geno Smith
Kirk Cousins
Joe Flacco
Ryan Tannehill

Historical QBs that had a worse rookie season:
Peyton Manning
Steve Young
Alex Smith
Troy Aikman
Terry Bradshaw

Should I keep going or is this going to change your mind at all?

Lmao this is some disingenuous nonsense and you know it, but sure let's do the comparisons, ignoring the completely insane ones like Steve Young, Aikman, and Bradshaw since they're from the stone age:

A few things pop out to me:

- Bryce scored less overall than everyone else who started the same number of games. In fact the only people he outscored were Goff (7 games), Hurts (4 games), Cousins (3 games), and Alex Smith (8 games) and the only one he'd outscore if those dudes played the same number of games is Alex Smith in 2005.
- Bryce's completion % is decent but his Y/A is abysmal. Literally only Goff in 7 games and Alex Smith in 8 games back in 2005 had worse Y/A
- Bryce is the only dude who did any real rushing and still couldn't manage a single TD which is just bizarre. loving Goff got a rushing TD
- Overall his closest comps are probably Geno & Goff which is one dude who required almost a decade to be "good" (read: serviceable for one season) and another who needed an all world offensive coach to unfuck him & who still shits his pants if he plays on the road with less than perfect blocking upfront.
- Tied for the worst fumbling with Flacco and Alex Smith, two dudes who had a bad fumbling issue their whole careers
- Holy jesus Alex Smith, what an insanely bad year that was back in 05.

So Goff is probably his absolute best case scenario from here, best get him some offensive genius ASAP to come in.

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jan 9, 2024

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I wish you had included Y/C because I laughed every time when I looked at Bryce vs whoever I was currently looking at and it would probably be even funnier on a spreadsheet like that (For those wondering Bryce averaged 9.1 yards per completion this year and like everyone else except for one or two guys was above 11)

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

fsif posted:

They're not comparable. You just took the top performers from each year and arbitrarily chose just two of their numbers.

Interceptions for the median quarterback were way higher back then and completion percentage way lower. Matthew Stafford's rookie stat line was not nearly as ghastly by 2009 standards as it is by 2023 standards.

Looking at the the guy ranked 16th in each year they’re comparable on TDs, TD%, Y/G, Y/A. Sack rates are higher in 2023. Completion percentage and INT% are lower, which is probable related to the above in addition to modern schemes simply focusing more on intermediate stuff and high probability passing.

2009 wasn’t exactly the bad old days for QBs, you had some of the most prolific QB seasons ever in that era.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

I wish you had included Y/C because I laughed every time when I looked at Bryce vs whoever I was currently looking at and it would probably be even funnier on a spreadsheet like that (For those wondering Bryce averaged 9.1 yards per completion this year and like everyone else except for one or two guys was above 11)

Just for you:

Lmao you were not wrong, he's by FAR the worst and again only Goff is even in his general range

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I didn't even think about the fumbles.

Dude's out there doing a Kyle Allen impersonation.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Looking at the the guy ranked 16th in each year they’re comparable on TDs, TD%, Y/G, Y/A. Sack rates are higher in 2023. Completion percentage and INT% are lower, which is probable related to the above in addition to modern schemes simply focusing more on intermediate stuff and high probability passing.

2009 wasn’t exactly the bad old days for QBs, you had some of the most prolific QB seasons ever in that era.

Yes, they're comparable in passing yards and passing touchdowns. They're not comparable in completion percentage or interceptions.

Matthew Stafford's rookie year stat line looks hideous in 2023 because he has a low completion percentage and a bad TD:INT ratio. His yards per game and TD% were fine.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Master Stur posted:

So? Russ was a 3rd round pick. Just go get someone else it literally (not figuratively) can't get worse.

Of course it can get worse. Josh Rosen was actually worse. You could pick a guy so bad he never even sees the field like Christian Hackenberg. As bad as the odds are that a guy who has a bad season turns it around the odds of finding a franchise QB in the third round are even lower. Bryce is already paid for, taking another QB that has a really high chance of also being bad and then throwing them out behind a bad o line with the worst receivers in the league isn’t going to solve anything for them.

There’s no rush to move on. They’re not missing out on any great opportunity by playing him next year. If he sucks then they’ll at least be in a better spot to draft his replacement.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

i thought about Jimmy Clausen today

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Of course it can get worse. Josh Rosen was actually worse. You could pick a guy so bad he never even sees the field like Christian Hackenberg. As bad as the odds are that a guy who has a bad season turns it around the odds of finding a franchise QB in the third round are even lower. Bryce is already paid for, taking another QB that has a really high chance of also being bad and then throwing them out behind a bad o line with the worst receivers in the league isn’t going to solve anything for them.

There’s no rush to move on. They’re not missing out on any great opportunity by playing him next year. If he sucks then they’ll at least be in a better spot to draft his replacement.

Since ya'll keep talking about Rosen being historically bad I added him and uhhhhh he's worse than Bryce but only by a little and mostly bc he throws more picks and has a worse completion %. He's actually a very close comp to Bryce right now

Made it easier to see

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

fsif posted:

Yes, they're comparable in passing yards and passing touchdowns. They're not comparable in completion percentage or interceptions.

Matthew Stafford's rookie year stat line looks hideous in 2023 because he has a low completion percentage and a bad TD:INT ratio. His yards per game and TD% were fine.

I’m not arguing that Stafford didn’t have a better rookie season than Bryce, he clearly did, I just think the idea that 2009 was basically like 1985 and that it was so much harder to play QB then is silly. Whatever rule changes have come out to benefit QBs have been offset by the fact that offensive lines simply can’t protect QBs consistently anymore. 2009 is the modern passing era. Drew Brees wouldn’t throw for 6000 yards if he was playing today.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

IcePhoenix posted:

Can you explain what metric you're using to determine "a near statistical season or way worse" because when I look at them this is what I see

Flacco's first season he put up similar numbers with 100 fewer attempts (6.9 yards/attempt vs bryce's 5.5 lmao)
Tannehil had 500 more yards on 40 fewer attempts
Jalen Hurts is another "way more Y/A than Bryce" guy (also he adds way more in the run game than Bryce did)
I'm not sure how I'm supposed to even evaluate Cousins in this one, he was drafted as a backup in the fourth round and had 14 games played at the end of his third year. But if I add all those up then uh...he was way better.
Geno's a pretty fair comparison. He was also drafted 38 spots lower.
Josh Allen had ~2700 yards in 12 games (11 starts) when you add in his rushing, which only puts him ~500 yards behind what Bryce did in 16. And add another one to the list of a way higher yards/attempt
Stafford and Goff are actually decent comparisons.

Can you explain why you only looked at Y/A and any stat that people had better instead of worse

Tannehill had 3 more INTs on 40 fewer attempts, would you trade 500 yards for 3 ints or is that even an argument worth having?
Flacco put up similar numbers on fewer attempts is a near statistical season.
Cousins first 3 seasons were 18 tds and 19 INTs. His first full season was good but that was 4 years into NFL acclimation.
Josh Allen still had a mediocre to bad first year which was the point.
The other 3 are all decent comparisons and yet you still made this post

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Doltos posted:

Can you explain why you only looked at Y/A and any stat that people had better instead of worse

Tannehill had 3 more INTs on 40 fewer attempts, would you trade 500 yards for 3 ints or is that even an argument worth having?
Cousins first 3 seasons were 18 tds and 19 INTs. His first full season was good but that was 4 years into NFL acclimation.
Josh Allen still had a mediocre to bad first year which was the point.
The other 3 are all decent comparisons and yet you still made this post

Tannenhill also had 3 more TDs between passing and rushing, a higher Y/C, and less fumbles
Flacco put up more 5 TDs between passing and rushing, a higher Y/A, a higher Y/C and slightly more yards in 2009
Cousins is just a bad comp full stop bc he didn't play much early in his career
Josh Allen put up 7 more TDs bc while he was a mediocre passer he was still pretty loving amazing on the ground and that was playing in 4 less games than Bryce

All of those dudes had better rookie seasons than Bryce.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Ah that's the problem then. Bryce Young, the guy who is a WCO pocket passer, didn't run as much as the other guys, as a quarterback.

The original point is that someone said terrible rookie seasons are low percentage bounce back and you can only count on one hand the ones that came back without going 20 years back and thats just blatantly not true. Nit pick how comparable the stats are, all of those were bad rookie seasons that people bounced back from.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Doltos posted:

Ah that's the problem then. Bryce Young, the guy who is a WCO pocket passer, didn't run as much as the other guys, as a quarterback.

The original point is that someone said terrible rookie seasons are low percentage bounce back and you can only count on one hand the ones that came back without going 20 years back and thats just blatantly not true. Nit pick how comparable the stats are, all of those were bad rookie seasons that people bounced back from.

Yea the WCO guy is worse than all the other passers and he's worse than the other dual threat QBs. It's almost like as you're hunting for things to be positive about there's vanishingly little there.

And yea gonna disagree that all of those were "bad" rookie seasons. Like you could claim Stafford had a bad rookie year but he also had a 5 TD passing game, which is incredible. Josh Allen, who is the poster child for a bad toolsy QB that became good, ended on a 3TD 1 INT passing performance and threw in another 2 rushing TDs for a 5 TD game.

I'd say most of those comparisons you used were mixed and not really bad and the truly bad ones like Goff and Geno are the ones closest to Bryce. Neither of those are exactly comforting, his best chance is to one day have a single good season after being a bust for years or becoming a solid starter if he gets some absolutely perfect offensive setups and coaching.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Doltos posted:

What offense does Alabama run? Is there a transition from college to the West Coast Offense still?

Every Bama rookie I remember watching had struggled as a rookie. Bryce looked worse than rookie Tua but every year it feels like this thread immediately throws out the Bama QB

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Yea the WCO guy is worse than all the other passers and he's worse than the other dual threat QBs. It's almost like as you're hunting for things to be positive about there's vanishingly little there.

And yea gonna disagree that all of those were "bad" rookie seasons. Like you could claim Stafford had a bad rookie year but he also had a 5 TD passing game, which is incredible. Josh Allen, who is the poster child for a bad toolsy QB that became good, ended on a 3TD 1 INT passing performance and threw in another 2 rushing TDs for a 5 TD game.

I'd say most of those comparisons you used were mixed and not really bad and the truly bad ones like Goff and Geno are the ones closest to Bryce. Neither of those are exactly comforting, his best chance is to one day have a single good season after being a bust for years or becoming a solid starters if he gets some absolutely perfect offensive setups and coaching.

What are you even talking about? The WCO guy had a comparable season to those people. The numbers are right there. His Y/A is bad which everyone knows and points out. He's got legs and runs but he isn't a run first QB or even uses it as a weapon like Josh Allen. People are being judged by one game? Staffords rookie season was miserable. 1 great game doesn't offset the bad ones. Same with Josh Allen. I'm not hunting for things to be positive over, I think you're hunting for ways to fit a narrative that Bryce Young is the worst QB ever.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Forrest on Fire posted:

What offense does Alabama run? Is there a transition from college to the West Coast Offense still?

Every Bama rookie I remember watching had struggled as a rookie. Bryce looked worse than rookie Tua but every year it feels like this thread immediately throws out the Bama QB

Bryce has easily been the worst of the last 4 Bama QBs in his rookie season. But part of that is Bama wins on all world talent and the QBs haven’t been dudes with a great toolset. They’re mostly there to manage the offense.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Doltos posted:

What are you even talking about? The WCO guy had a comparable season to those people. The numbers are right there. His Y/A is bad which everyone knows and points out. He's got legs and runs but he isn't a run first QB or even uses it as a weapon like Josh Allen. People are being judged by one game? Staffords rookie season was miserable. 1 great game doesn't offset the bad ones. Same with Josh Allen. I'm not hunting for things to be positive over, I think you're hunting for ways to fit a narrative that Bryce Young is the worst QB ever.

He had a worse season than the WCO comps and both Allen and Stafford performed better than Bryce in their “miserable” rookie seasons while giving at least one truly inspiring performance so that you could see something in them. Bryce performed worse in the aggregate and his highs are nowhere close to theirs. Like what is this need you have to force optimism about this?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

He had a worse season than the WCO comps and both Allen and Stafford performed better than Bryce in their “miserable” rookie seasons while giving at least one truly inspiring performance so that you could see something in them. Bryce performed worse in the aggregate and his highs are nowhere close to theirs. Like what is this need you have to force optimism about this?

Considering you threw out one WCO comp because it was Kirk Cousins and then compared Bryce to non WCO QBs means that you aren't interested in arguing you just want to fit a narrative. I think the thread has been ridiculous about the claims on Bryce. It's not forced optimism, it's just pointing out the pessimism.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Forrest on Fire posted:

Bama has gone through like 5 OCs in the past 8 years, so there hasn’t been a lot of consistency. Bryce’s OC was Bill O’Brien who you can see did a wonderful job with Mac Jones this year.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don’t think he could turn it around maybe is optimistic.

I think the more optimistic take is you should move on from Young and sign some journeyman and then everything will be fine

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I’m not arguing that Stafford didn’t have a better rookie season than Bryce, he clearly did, I just think the idea that 2009 was basically like 1985 and that it was so much harder to play QB then is silly. Whatever rule changes have come out to benefit QBs have been offset by the fact that offensive lines simply can’t protect QBs consistently anymore. 2009 is the modern passing era. Drew Brees wouldn’t throw for 6000 yards if he was playing today.

Man what on earth? How are you contorting "Matthew Stafford's 2009 stat line looks worse by 2023 standards" to "Drew Brees would pass for 6000 yards today?"

I feel like you just made a weird contrarian post without thinking too much about it and now you're tripling down in an incredibly esoteric way.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Bryce has easily been the worst of the last 4 Bama QBs in his rookie season. But part of that is Bama wins on all world talent and the QBs haven’t been dudes with a great toolset. They’re mostly there to manage the offense.

Ehhhh, we’re really past the Greg McElroy era at Bama. Tua was and Bryce were both a cut above those guys and definitely pulled their weight in those offenses. Bama had a run of really good WRs but their O lines haven’t been dominant for a while and they haven’t had a special running back since Henry.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

fsif posted:

Man what on earth? How are you contorting "Matthew Stafford's 2009 stat line looks worse by 2023 standards" to "Drew Brees would pass for 6000 yards today?"

I feel like you just made a weird contrarian post without thinking too much about it and now you're tripling down in an incredibly esoteric way.

Your being unfair his point is that the entire argument is 2009 was harder. It really isn’t if it was easier then Brees could throw for 6k

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Doltos posted:

I don't even know what this argument is. "If you ignore all the things they were significantly better at better at then they were basically the same" ?

Other stuff has been covered but

Doltos posted:

100 attempts is three games worth. The only thing "near" to three games is the difference in the Panthers wins and the teams that finished tied for the second pick.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Ehhhh, we’re really past the Greg McElroy era at Bama. Tua was and Bryce were both a cut above those guys and definitely pulled their weight in those offenses. Bama had a run of really good WRs but their O lines haven’t been dominant for a while and they haven’t had a special running back since Henry.

Are we really just going to ignore Jahmyr Gibbs, Najee Harris, and Josh Jacobs? Hell, guys like Damien Harris, Bo Scarbrough, and Brian Robinson were all very good at Alabama.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't even know what this argument is. "If you ignore all the things they were significantly better at better at then they were basically the same" ?

Other stuff has been covered but

100 attempts is three games worth. The only thing "near" to three games is the difference in the Panthers wins and the teams that finished tied for the second pick.

No, you ignored the INTs for several players which is a way bigger deal than Y/A. I'm sure if Bryce had more INTs than Stafford or something you'd mention that.

100 attempts is 3 games worth, I don't know if stats in those games would deflate or inflate a rookie QB's season, but I'm willing to lean towards more exposure = more mistakes for QBs that struggle in their first year.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

Your being unfair his point is that the entire argument is 2009 was harder. It really isn’t if it was easier then Brees could throw for 6k

I made the original argument! I said you can't pass off 2023 stats as comparable to 2009 stats. I didn't think that was controversial.

fsif posted:

Nevermind, like, including Jalen Hurts's four-game rookie season or trying to pass off 2023 stats as comparable to 2009 stats.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

fsif posted:

If it was so much harder to play QB in 2009 then surely all of the top QBs from that era would easily outperform their 2009 numbers right? Why wouldn’t the numbers go up? It’s easier to get completions and throw fewer ints, that’s got to translate into more yards, TDs, etc.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Seems like at this point it would be more productive to list the rookie QBs that failed their first season and never recovered.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

wandler20 posted:

Are we really just going to ignore Jahmyr Gibbs, Najee Harris, and Josh Jacobs? Hell, guys like Damien Harris, Bo Scarbrough, and Brian Robinson were all very good at Alabama.

I’m absolutely going to ignore Najee Harris, who sucks. Jacob’s had less yards in his 3 year Bama career than Henry had in one season. Gibbs only had 150 carries in his Bama career, which lasted 1 year.

Those other guys were decent players on a very good team but none of them could carry an offense. Bama has become VERY dependent on passing the ball in the past 10 years and they need QBs who are a cut above game manager to do that. Bama wouldn’t get anywhere with a JJ McCarthy under center.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

fsif posted:

I made the original argument! I said you can't pass off 2023 stats as comparable to 2009 stats. I didn't think that was controversial.

Well why not? If they aren’t easier or harder then the stats should be fine to compare

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Doltos posted:

No, you ignored the INTs for several players which is a way bigger deal than Y/A. I'm sure if Bryce had more INTs than Stafford or something you'd mention that.

100 attempts is 3 games worth, I don't know if stats in those games would deflate or inflate a rookie QB's season, but I'm willing to lean towards more exposure = more mistakes for QBs that struggle in their first year.

I don't really care about INTs for rookies TBH. The difference in "windows" you're throwing to between college and the pros is huge and absolutely takes time to adjust to. More worrying if they're still a problem in years 2 and 3. I also tend to feel like young players will get better the more exposure they get as they adjust to the league, not worse. Especially at the end of the year, as if they had a hot start but fell off as more teams got tape, they've not had a chance to adjust to those adjustments. So if Flacco had those three extra games I would expect them to be on pace or better than what he already did.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I’m absolutely going to ignore Najee Harris, who sucks. Jacob’s had less yards in his 3 year Bama career than Henry had in one season. Gibbs only had 150 carries in his Bama career, which lasted 1 year.

Those other guys were decent players on a very good team but none of them could carry an offense. Bama has become VERY dependent on passing the ball in the past 10 years and they need QBs who are a cut above game manager to do that. Bama wouldn’t get anywhere with a JJ McCarthy under center.

Harris was a beast at Alabama, sure he sucks as a pro but that's not what we're talking about. Gibbs one year was incredible, 1370 yards, 7 yards per touch, 10 TDs. Alabama still gets great production from running the ball because Milroe sure didn't carry the team this year with his arm.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't really care about INTs for rookies TBH. The difference in "windows" you're throwing to between college and the pros is huge and absolutely takes time to adjust to. More worrying if they're still a problem in years 2 and 3. I also tend to feel like young players will get better the more exposure they get as they adjust to the league, not worse. Especially at the end of the year, as if they had a hot start but fell off as more teams got tape, they've not had a chance to adjust to those adjustments. So if Flacco had those three extra games I would expect them to be on pace or better than what he already did.

I'd argue that INTs should matter for every level just as much as any other QB measurable. It's kind of ridiculous to dismiss them but in the same vein demean a QB for not having a high passing average.

I would also argue QBs do better later in the season because tons of teams are hurt or out of the playoffs. I hate to keep bringing up the same player but the 5 TD game that supposedly saved Stafford's rookie season was against a 1-9 Browns team. Josh Allen's 5 TD game was against a 7-8 Dolphins team that was eliminated and a 27th ranked defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

bryce has less interceptions because he threw a lot of blatantly uncatchable balls deep out of bounds, and the interceptions he did have were less "tried to fit it into a window that would have been open in college" and more "where the gently caress were you throwing that ball you short little bitch"