Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

NeonPunk posted:

Covid makes you stupider

https://twitter.com/gkwood3/status/1744650520420045219

Gotta say, the second (so far) highest wave with millions infected, just right before an election? 2024 is gonna be wiiiiilllld

The election is months away, nobody will remember if they ever knew at all. Covid causes memory loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Soap Scum posted:

coworker that i share a few projects with today posted early morning that he got covid and would be out for the week :')

my first reaction was wfh stay winning, praise be, then of course dm'd him to offer paxlovid guidance if he's interested and get well soon etc

later in the day i learned that actually he's leaving the company and friday is his last day so now i'm like ... is this just a convenient excuse to take his last week of work off ...

well anyway, interesting strategy option for all you quitters out there

wow, loud quitting?? rude.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

RandomBlue posted:

The election is months away, nobody will remember if they ever knew at all. Covid causes memory loss.

you mean the flu right

puncturewound78
Apr 18, 2023

Complications posted:

I doubt it's killing that many people per year, but given skyrocketing autism and suchlike rates probably from microplastics and PFAS I expect it'll be fascinating to find out what COVID infections in the womb and repeatedly later do to developing brains. Teachers think kids in the classroom are bad now, just wait another four or five years for the current crop of toddlers to get into the pipeline.

i love the kinds of things that get probed but not this?

Also that someone told me people with personality disorders are bad and not welcome in here and no one probed or told him to gently caress off or spoke up for me.

But we haven't come back to this thread in like a week because of it. Very heart warming to have no community during a time when our health care is being threatened by gov mandate

puncturewound78
Apr 18, 2023
being trans right now is so loving scary, and every day hurts so much from long covid. we can't take care of our self and people that offer to help rarely follow through

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

puncturewound78 posted:

i love the kinds of things that get probed but not this?

why would acknowledging that the education system already blows at supporting any kid with any type of need beyond the white middle class median and is going to implode like a bag of chips at the bottom of the mariana trench under the strain from more kids entering the pipeline with learning disabilities or classroom needs warrant a probe?

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?

I'm sorry, but are you saying that being trans is a personality disorder? Because that's maybe not a good look.

Griz
May 21, 2001

The Oldest Man posted:

why would acknowledging that the education system already blows at supporting any kid with any type of need beyond the white middle class median and is going to implode like a bag of chips at the bottom of the mariana trench under the strain from more kids entering the pipeline with learning disabilities or classroom needs warrant a probe?

i am 40 some years old and the public schools in poor districts were loving garbage when i was attending them and they've only gotten worse since then

like they loving ran out of copy paper in mid spring two years in a row because the town couldn't pass a new school budget due to the giant nursing home in the district who all voted against everything

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Look who reappeared in a twitter comment

lmao

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

genericnick posted:

lmao

this guy is going to be blasting people with a supersoaker full of ebola virus and putting it on youtube by the end of this year isnt he

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
this is the quote in question to save everyone some clicks

maxwellhill posted:

now that right there is a bs take

narcissists and psychopaths can actually gently caress right off from being around the vulnerable, and it's sketch to state otherwise

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Hungry Squirrel posted:

I'm sorry, but are you saying that being trans is a personality disorder? Because that's maybe not a good look.

if I'm reading it right the topic switched from personality disorder in the prior paragraph to trans issues and healthcare in the following paragraph and the next post was an amendment to the part about trans issues

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

puncturewound78 posted:

Also that someone told me people with personality disorders are bad and not welcome in here and no one probed or told him to gently caress off or spoke up for me.

also I may have skimmed or miss the post in question but I agree that is not a good thing to say/imply

e: oh okay I did skip the post because I generally just ignore naomi wu stuff but reading it now I agree the conflation of her behavior with such conditions is not particularly cash money and something I try to avoid doing myself

Soap Scum has issued a correction as of 22:50 on Jan 9, 2024

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
:henget:

Iverron
May 13, 2012

genericnick posted:

lmao

wait is he on rumble now

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

genericnick posted:

lmao

that definitely seems true

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

genericnick posted:

lmao
Is he still pushing ivermectin

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

How would I know, I'm not clicking that

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

It's more fun to imagine

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
low and slow continues winning

first day of symptoms

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

fosborb posted:

first day of symptoms

yikes goon, get better quick

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

genericnick posted:

lmao

I bothered to search for the link because I'm stupid like that. He posted that video last January, so that's old news. What's he up to now? Well, he's apparently spending his time railing against the tyrrany of the WHO and the need for the UK to secede from it

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

U-DO Burger posted:

I bothered to search for the link because I'm stupid like that. He posted that video last January, so that's old news. What's he up to now? Well, he's apparently spending his time railing against the tyrrany of the WHO and the need for the UK to secede from it

lol

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Oh neat. My family is now 100% totally in with the idea of using UVC lights as another layer for home.

Anyone know of a website where I can find some actual proper lights? I want to get us to commit to it before they get over Covid and change their minds later

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

U-DO Burger posted:

do you think he voted leave?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

U-DO Burger posted:

Brexit means Brexit after all

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

NeonPunk posted:

Oh neat. My family is now 100% totally in with the idea of using UVC lights as another layer for home.

Anyone know of a website where I can find some actual proper lights? I want to get us to commit to it before they get over Covid and change their minds later

Maybe someone will come up with something, but I'd be extremely cautious and skeptical approaching this because:

A) The fixtures that use 254nm are designed so that nobody comes into contact with the light, ever. Either by being enclosed in your ductwork, using special fixtures to keep the light horizontal up above people's heads, or only activating when nobody is in the room. You'd have to really know how to safely install and operate these systems.
B) Commercial fixtures using 222nm that are, you know, properly certified to be safe are extremely expensive.
C) Cheap 222nm lights you can get from china or ebay or whatever... do you have a way to verify they are safe and actually emit light only in the bands they claim to?
D) I don't know that there's much research on actual long-term exposure to 222nm like getting it shined on you for hours a day every day.
E) I'm not sure there's any concrete reason to believe this would be more effective than filtration like building a few more low-noise corsi cubes using high-end PC fans and the like.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

fosborb posted:

first day of symptoms
looks mild

Goonspeed!

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
My biopsy next week got cancelled because the three person oral surgeon practice I go just had two doctors retire due to COVID.

my wife called children’s healthcare today and we advised that they should make an appointment for telehealth online due to staff sickness. When we finally got through the doctor told my wife to test T for COVID again even though there was he got it on 12/17 because they’re seeing people “test positive 3 times in 8 weeks.”

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

NeonPunk posted:

I got mine from Naomi Wu's store. You can't beat the price, but they're constantly on backorder: https://cybernightmarket.com/products/mini-far-uvc-lights-set

e: lol never mind, I forgot that she's axed them for now

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Pillowpants posted:

My biopsy next week got cancelled because the three person oral surgeon practice I go just had two doctors retire due to COVID.

wait "retired due to COVID" meaning what exactly

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

fosborb posted:

I have tested positive for Covid. My symptoms are minimal and I will continue to work from home while isolating in accordance with CDC guidance. I am glad to be fully up to date with the vaccine.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Soap Scum posted:

wait "retired due to COVID" meaning what exactly

Wasn’t clear. not really my business to push?

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Pillowpants posted:

“test positive 3 times in 8 weeks.”

The hybrid immunity here must be off the charts.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
During waves COVID tests should come with a thick prefilled test line. It would probably be more accurate and saves everyone testing ~15 minutes.

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Pillowpants posted:

Wasn’t clear. not really my business to push?

wouldn't push either, just didn't know if they said something specific and I was misunderstanding the retelling or etc

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
lol first hit on seseme care, she prescribed augmentin for my "sinus infection." time for a second opinion

god i love this system.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

fosborb posted:

lol first hit on seseme care, she prescribed augmentin for my "sinus infection." time for a second opinion

god i love this system.

you have a positive rapid test... wh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

The Oldest Man posted:

you have a positive rapid test... wh...

:mods: