Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PT6A posted:

Christ, image being a Mormon or JW, and rolling up on a house full of goddamn polar bears. This is why we need AI-generated video; I need to see this and it would be unethical for me to actually stage it.

IDK I have no problem with them.

Now the Mormies or Jehovies on the other hand...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Shouldn't have gotten into coke

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

3D Megadoodoo posted:

IDK I have no problem with them.

Now the Mormies or Jehovies on the other hand...
JW hierarchs have it easy with the whole "the world is out to get you, you're only safe here" cult angle, make the world actually hate every single member and the job is done for you

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Those polar bear photos aren't ai, just the modern technology of melting ice forcing them to abandoned soviet villages.

bssoil
Mar 21, 2004

So they are an indirect AI output

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pidgin Englishman posted:

Those polar bear photos aren't ai, just the modern technology of melting ice forcing them to abandoned soviet villages.

Well no wonder they were abandoned. They're full of dang polar bears!

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Well no wonder they were abandoned. They're full of dang polar bears!

It’s a bear market.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Wistful of Dollars posted:

It’s a bear market.
unless you're a bear, apparently

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Well, they are white

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I like that guy's videos, he had a good one on Genghis Khan and Changchung

https://twitter.com/JoshPower80/status/1742477271795892609

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
paw paw no!

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!
he's pew pew now

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Forum accident posted:

he's pew pew now

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Pewpew Le Pepe
:feelsgood:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

:thunk:

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Nope nothing evil at all about othering more than half the country and accusing them of vague acts en mass and promising violence as a means of justice. Nothing evil about that at all.

Why do you ask?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My favorite thing about this, other than my irl reaction to turning the page to see a photo realistic illustration of Ayatollah Khomeni in my Batman book, is that the previous issue is the one where Joker murders Jason Todd with a crowbar. You probably know the story, about how DC held a phone contest as to whether Jason Todd, the second Robin, should live or die, and die won narrowly. It's one of the most famous and tragic events in Batman history, it still comes up all of the time in modern stories, and it was in the middle of some goofy arc about Iran making the Joker their UN ambassador.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

Pictures Thread: It's one of the most famous and tragic events in Batman history,

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I almost said lore but I thought that was even lamer. But it's a big deal in the Batman world!

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
That comic run was hilarious because diplomatic immunity apparently makes Joker immune from all crime. He is murdering people and everyone is throwing up their hands saying, "He's got diplomatic immunity! There's nothing we can do!"

It was one of the weirdest comic ideas in history.

Maybe second to when Superman introduced a plot arc about pink kryptonite that turned Superman gay and made him obsessed with interior decorating (thus leaving him unable to defend the city) in *checks notes*... 2003.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 9, 2024

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

That comic run was hilarious because diplomatic immunity apparently makes Joker immune from all crime. He is murdering people and everyone is throwing up their hands saying, "He's got diplomatic immunity! There's nothing we can do!"

Also the plot of Lethal Weapon 2

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Similarly, if you're chasing Dr. Doom and he makes it to the Latverian embassy, you have to respect his sovereignty and stop chasing him

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sure the pink kryptonite didn't turn him English?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

zoux posted:

Sure the pink kryptonite didn't turn him English?

No, that was a different comic.

They got backlash for the pink kryptonite thing and later changed it so it swapped the genders of kryptonians and turned Superman into a woman. Then, they just abandoned it and never mentioned it again.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

haveblue posted:

Similarly, if you're chasing Dr. Doom and he makes it to the Latverian embassy, you have to respect his sovereignty and stop chasing him

Sometimes. But sometimes the law says "nuh uh!" (the green lady is a lawyer, I'll have you know)

Or at least this goes against Joker's immunity as Leon described. Of course the :doom: in the embassy window is a robot and the guy in the mask is the REAL von DOOM (or is he?!), but anyway, international law is about as consistent as it is in our world.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Rappaport posted:

Sometimes. But sometimes the law says "nuh uh!" (the green lady is a lawyer, I'll have you know)

Or at least this goes against Joker's immunity as Leon described. Of course the :doom: in the embassy window is a robot and the guy in the mask is the REAL von DOOM (or is he?!), but anyway, international law is about as consistent as it is in our world.

Diplomatic Immunity is apparently one of the many things different in Marvel and DC universes.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Do any of the cross-over events cover this? I haven't kept up :ohdear:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Diplomatic Immunity is apparently one of the many things different in Marvel and DC universes.

Rappaport posted:

Do any of the cross-over events cover this? I haven't kept up :ohdear:

This is actually where I remembered it from, heh

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

haveblue posted:

This is actually where I remembered it from, heh

Superman says that it is an imaginary line, but then lets him go and vows to destroy him next time he sees him.

This just raises more questions about how diplomatic immunity works for DC characters.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

haveblue posted:

Only if he doesn't owe you money

Gyges fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 9, 2024

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

No, that was a different comic.

They got backlash for the pink kryptonite thing and later changed it so it swapped the genders of kryptonians and turned Superman into a woman. Then, they just abandoned it and never mentioned it again.
Looking like a real dweeb here

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

bowmore posted:

Looking like a real dweeb here
Better?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Gyges posted:

Only if he doesn't owe you money

This seems more like a personal grievance rather than law enforcement. Though I'm not sure how the "law enforcement" aspect of the 80's FF was handled, legally speaking, either. Certainly in a trial setting any defense lawyer would have a field day with any member of FF on the stand, they all have very understandable personal issues with von DOOM.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

(Real)

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Fox news has been reading too much CSPAM.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

All modern polls need a "general lethargy" option.

Also, I know general health has improved over the years, but 14% of the population was too sick to go vote in 1948?

https://twitter.com/aedwardslevy/status/1745152166497603597

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

All modern polls need a "general lethargy" option.

Also, I know general health has improved over the years, but 14% of the population was too sick to go vote in 1948?

https://twitter.com/aedwardslevy/status/1745152166497603597

looks like 14% of the nonvoting population unless you think the turnout that election was -113%