Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

mycomancy posted:

I looked into this PinePhone and this showed up on their page about halfway down.

Lmao GoonPhone seems interesting!

the fat guy seemed pretty cool on the nas building video i watched, but he’s so fat lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

mycomancy posted:

I looked into this PinePhone and this showed up on their page about halfway down.

lmao $2000???. i'd hope for some open sores non-steve jobs/larry paige phone, it'd at least be super cheap, like a hundo bucks or something.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Xaris posted:

lmao $2000???. i'd hope for some open sores non-steve jobs/larry paige phone, it'd at least be super cheap, like a hundo bucks or something.

ahahahhahaha

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lmfao

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

a phone no state actor is going to ever bother to hack

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

that owns

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Xaris posted:

it's $150-$400 depending on edition, not $2,000!!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

anyway it looks like exactly the sort of thing my friend who is a Linux Guy would pop out of his pocket and start talking about

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

mycomancy posted:

Does their spokesman have downs syndrome?

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

https://twitter.com/GaryGensler/status/1744833049064288387

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

when your phone is free from the evil taint of Steve Jobs

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Vox Nihili posted:

it's $150-$400 depending on edition, not $2,000!!
lol i couldn't stare at that guys face for more than 10 milliseconds and thought it said 2000. my bad. that's at least reasonable. also 'twas not about to soil my search history with looking up a linux product lest i get accidentally added to the list

i still wouldn't do it myself

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

This is good for Bitcoin.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lmao

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
its still up lol

https://twitter.com/SECGov/status/1744829327294837236

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

elon probably took over the SEC account himself to pump and dump his bitcoins

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

how is his face so big
you should see the guys they didn't use in their advertising!

Griz
May 21, 2001

i bought a nokia g400 (release date 2022, $180) which has way better specs than pine, and it's android one which is basically stock OS with no third party crapware

that just worked straight out of the box, meanwhile pine phone wiki is like "you may need to use a burner phone to activate your SIM before moving it to the pine phone"

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

how is his face so big

he needs an extra large head to fit his enormous Linux brain (which can do almost 1/4 of what a regular brain can do, but with absolute control over every process)

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Smythe posted:

u can tell what ppl are supposed to look like. those tribal guys in weird natgeo "precontact" or w/e villages are thin as hell. thats what default ppl look like i think. without all them burgers. im of "normal" weight btw

I've seen pics of myself when i was teaching in Africa in my mid 20s. Skinny as gently caress when usually I always had a little bit of weight.

Not eating cheese, drinking dairy, or or consuming processed foods does loving wonders.

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

give me cheese or give me death

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Plus wealth that old is going to have their money in a wide variety of tax vehicles that aren't directly tied to any individual's name. It's stupid as hell to claim that there are no Vanderbilt descendant millionaires when like, Anderson Cooper is a Vanderbilt directly descended from that specific guy they mention and is a millionaire and on TV every day.

I mean I think you're right in general but according to Anderson

quote:

Following his mom's death in June 2019, Anderson inherited a mere $1.5 million of the once estimated $200 billion (in today's money) Vanderbilt fortune.

He is a multi millionaire tho.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Jel Shaker posted:

the fat guy seemed pretty cool on the nas building video i watched, but he’s so fat lol

You want your computer enthusiasts to be fat, just like a chef

That or absolutely rail-thin, no inbetween

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Vox Nihili posted:

this unlocked a core memory of when my parents bought me a DOS game called "Capitalism" when I was a kid, probably hoping to teach me how to survive in the economy or something

https://obscuritory.com/sim/capitalism/

I remember it shared a passing resemblance to more normal simulation games of the time like Sim City, Sim Tower, or Sim Farm, but when you started playing you realized it was definitely designed in hell by demons to torture children

My equivalent was this weird but sort of charming DOS game:

Whoever was in charge of art direction was a very odd guy:

Trigger warning to anyone who has played this game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQQNsH3kxiw

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Trigger warning to anyone who has played this game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQQNsH3kxiw

photoshop request: this guy holding the pine phone

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

skybolt_1 posted:

Obligatory Ben Garrison:

hahahaha

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Shageletic posted:

I mean I think you're right in general but according to Anderson

He is a multi millionaire tho.

It’s probably all he got directly but there’s also probably money stashed all over the place that is just sitting there growing that he could access if he needed to

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

HashtagGirlboss posted:

It’s probably all he got directly but there’s also probably money stashed all over the place that is just sitting there growing that he could access if he needed to

Makes sense

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the pinephone person was on linus tech tips for a long time then transitioned and isnt on it anymore which sucks kuz they were cool and i liked their videos. rip

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Shageletic posted:

I've seen pics of myself when i was teaching in Africa in my mid 20s. Skinny as gently caress when usually I always had a little bit of weight.

Not eating cheese, drinking dairy, or or consuming processed foods does loving wonders.

i believe it

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

President Biden will not run for re-election during a tumultuous year that will see parts of the country suffer rolling blackouts, the release of an inhaled COVID vaccine and a boycott over driverless cars, a top JPMorgan Chase strategist predicted.

Michael Cembalest, who heads the market and investment strategy unit in the Wall Street bank’s asset management division, made the shocking forecasts in his list of ‘Ten Surprises’ for 2024 over the weekend.

Tops among the budding Nostradamus’ prophesies was that 81-year-old Biden will drop out of the race “sometime between Super Tuesday and the November election, citing health concerns.”

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

Willa Rogers posted:

Tops among the budding Nostradamus’ prophesies was that 81-year-old Biden will drop out of the race “sometime between Super Tuesday and the November election, citing health concerns.”

Probably baked in if it happened that late, but his prediction specifically calls for the DNC appointing a replacement.

It’s her turn. No, not you, Kamala.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

motherbox posted:

It’s her turn.

Lmao oh neat that's how Civil War II breaks out

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Willa Rogers posted:

President Biden will not run for re-election during a tumultuous year that will see parts of the country suffer rolling blackouts, the release of an inhaled COVID vaccine and a boycott over driverless cars, a top JPMorgan Chase strategist predicted.

Michael Cembalest, who heads the market and investment strategy unit in the Wall Street bank’s asset management division, made the shocking forecasts in his list of ‘Ten Surprises’ for 2024 over the weekend.

hey all of this sounds pretty cool

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

motherbox posted:

Probably baked in if it happened that late, but his prediction specifically calls for the DNC appointing a replacement.

It’s her turn. No, not you, Kamala.

Michelle Obama has an actual chance of winning due to the brokebrained nostalgia for Obama's poo poo tier administration somehow being considered amazing

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Rectal Death Alert posted:

Michelle Obama has an actual chance of winning due to the brokebrained nostalgia for Obama's poo poo tier administration somehow being considered amazing

she'd never do it, she despises DC publicy garbage

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Rectal Death Alert posted:

Libs like hero stories too so her sweeping in to save the country would be a goldmine for fundraising/ratings

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
if anyone they'd appoint mitt romney

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
some other guy did 3 terms. obama can too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

they'd appoint some boring sack of white bread like what's his face from Texas