Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
I think the only charitable explanation for the Titans is ownership is big mad and petty that Vrabel won the power struggle over the previous GM and then posted a 6-11 season. Now they look bad for firing a GM mid season and got dunked on by other owners in the group text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

xbilkis posted:

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1744842659871568120

Good to get out there and dispel that narrative that was being stoked by...the team's owner???

Soooooo if you and Vrabel are friends who did the firing? Lmao is he just doing a like "yo don't look at me, this isn't my fault"

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Dutchy posted:

When they were 10-1 I feel like a lot of people (self included) thought they weren't really playing the level you'd associate with 10-1, but were also capable of playing better, so it was kinda like "The Eagles are 10-1 and aren't even showing how good they are yet." And instead they got thrashed by SF and DAL and spent most of the last month failing to crack 20 on offense and ended with the 30th ranked scoring defense.

So I don't follow the Eagles closely enough to say if this is really all on Sirianni or not but I can say if I were an Eagles fan I'd be losing my loving mind too.

Yep the entire season was agonizing frustration to watch because you're thinking this team was so close to another super bowl win, but every week was a strugglefest and you're thinking well they're getting the wins, once they finally figure it out they'll be amazing. But instead of getting it all together, the jets happened. Then we got to the backend of the schedule with actual teams and the team completely collapsed. Getting worse every week, making patricia DC, getting WORSE.

Sirianni is a nobody, he brings nothing of value in terms of x and o's. He was hired as a no brain yes man as a response to the power struggle pederson firing. It's all the coordinators and this year he picked the worst loving coordinators, with a loving midseason panic move of making matt fuckhead patricia DC. Absolutely no reason to keep him unless the locker room absolutely loves him for some reason which I'm gonna go out on a limb that this is not the case considering the team gave up weeks ago.

He needs to be thrown the gently caress out and we give one of the many talented coordinators out there a shot instead of having a guy that runs a high school offense.

It's a barry switzer with the cowboys scenario

Asproigerosis fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 10, 2024

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

It’s funny seeing all the stuff about Sirianni being a product of his coordinators when I’m pretty sure Colts fans were also saying that Reich was a product of HIS coordinators based on the Colts offense falling apart after Sirianni left.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Reich called plays though. I do admit that my manic hysteria hinges a lot on who was making decisions with respect to patricia. If it was sirianni, loving fire him immediately, dump him in camden. If it was howie or lurie, I will be sullen.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Maybe Sirianni and Reich are both one half of a good HC/OC. Alone they falter, together they thrive.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

with hurts and brown out sirianni probably has one of the best injury excuses a bad coach could have, so him coming back wouldn't be that crazy

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Master Stur posted:

Maybe Sirianni and Reich are both one half of a good HC/OC. Alone they falter, together they thrive.

But people said that about Pederson and Reich.

They also are saying that about Sirianni and Steichen, currently.

Long story short, Philly shouldn't have fired Reid.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Woozie66 posted:

I was just making a dull joke lol, but are people really saying this about Steichen now? Seems like he's doing well on his own in Indy even after losing Richardson very early.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Master Stur posted:

I was just making a dull joke lol, but are people really saying this about Steichen now? Seems like he's doing well on his own in Indy even after losing Richardson very early.

Oh I meant that Steichen was the secret sauce behind Sirianni. I was just joking that it's been a nesting doll of "starts hot then fizzles out" with that specific Philly to Indy back to Philly chain they got going on.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

razorscooter posted:

with hurts and brown out sirianni probably has one of the best injury excuses a bad coach could have, so him coming back wouldn't be that crazy

Team didn't even show up against the giants, so having the starters play was bullshit and gently caress this sirianni he is a BUM.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Woozie66 posted:

Reid hired his OL coach as DC, dude was clearly out of ideas at the end of his time in Philly

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Yeah Andy had to leave philly, his personal life was in a super dark place and the team was getting real bad. It is regrettable, but I will always love him.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Wasnt that the guy who implemented some wide 9 concept without the personnel for it or it even being a good scheme at the time?

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Asproigerosis posted:

Team didn't even show up against the giants, so having the starters play was bullshit and gently caress this sirianni he is a BUM.

he should have been buried under metlife, but i feel like he can escape this year with the majority of the offense dead

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Reid leaving Philly is, like, the platonic ideal of an amicable breakup where nobody's mad and nobody's the bad guy, it was just time, and everyone is better off for it. Eagles were clearly never winning the Super Bowl with him as HC, his time was up, so he goes off and the Eagles get a new guy and wouldn't you know it, a few years later both Philly and Reid have won Super Bowls, hooray, the end.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
https://x.com/jfowlerespn/status/1744890835672650005?s=46&t=4v69OlVJpK1h7pgGOGqqoA

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
A rookie year like CJ Stroud's can make folks some money, but seems crazy to be talking about Slowik as an HC already.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

CapnAndy posted:

Reid leaving Philly is, like, the platonic ideal of an amicable breakup where nobody's mad and nobody's the bad guy, it was just time, and everyone is better off for it. Eagles were clearly never winning the Super Bowl with him as HC, his time was up, so he goes off and the Eagles get a new guy and wouldn't you know it, a few years later both Philly and Reid have won Super Bowls, hooray, the end.

Yeah, that worked out as well as it could have. Now and then someone talks about the decision to move on from Reid as though it were a colossal error, but it's always coming from a position of ignorance because Reid was so, so clearly checked out and done with Philly. Every single press conference was just him saying "we've gotta do a better job" over and over again, the team was listless, it was just sullen vibes all around. He wasn't coaching poorly by any stretch of the imagination, but his heart clearly wasn't in it.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
If he isn't bringing Brady out of retirement, what is the point of hiring Belichick?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

If he isn't bringing Brady out of retirement, what is the point of hiring Belichick?

access to defensive mastermind Steve Belichick.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

He's still good for a couple 20-minute answer about the development of the wham run play

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

E: double post

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Belichick is actually just as bad, if not worse, than all these other coaches getting dumpstered.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Tom Brady put that team on his back for what, 10 years?

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

This guy was pretty on point a couple years back and is saying Eberflus stays but Getsy is gone. https://x.com/dabearsblog/status/1744898440448876556?s=46&t=N63qpuREHi8xKiU-cwu1OQ

Another dead coach walking year, yay. Business as usual under Kevin Warren.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

THIS IS THE ABSOLUTELY STUPIDEST WAY TO DO THIS!!!!!!!!

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

The Bears should fire everyone and hire Vrabel.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

THIS IS THE ABSOLUTELY STUPIDEST WAY TO DO THIS!!!!!!!!

If this isn't bluster like last season it's awful. It's the cycle renewed.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It's less stupid than keeping Eberflus and Getsy at least

Also that guy is talking about how the Bears are going to draft a QB in the top 10 while still keeping Fields, so I am leaning towards not trusting his sourcing right now. (Even though I think keeping Eberflus and canning Getsy is and always has been the most likely outcome)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the only reason i want the bears to keep eberflus around is because instead of firing him they plan to hire arnold schwarzengger to throw him off the sears tower and then yell "illegal man downfeeldt!!!!!"

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
One of the Bears reporters was going through the press conference after they decided to keep Pace/Nagy after the 2020 season and there are some hilarious quotes from there, but this is particularly relevant:

https://twitter.com/JasonLieser/status/1744922431473566160

The idea that they literally went out and held a "Look, I know everyone wants us to fire these guys, but we're just not gonna do it" presser and are on the precipice of doing the same thing three years later is incredible

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Bears are dumb

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
This is of course the money quote from that 2021 press conference

https://twitter.com/jon_greenberg/status/1744923129468551205

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

fartknocker posted:

Eagles fans have gone completely insane this year and have been calling for his firing in the NFC East thread since like October when they were still undefeated.

HC Matt Patricia

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Belichick has still had a very good defense despite losing all the notable starters. Like half?, at least the two rams super bowl victories two decades apart, were more on him than Brady. He may not be the current Greatest Ever but he’s still a very attractive hire

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Pontius Pilate posted:

Belichick has still had a very good defense despite losing all the notable starters. Like half?, at least the two rams super bowl victories two decades apart, were more on him than Brady. He may not be the current Greatest Ever but he’s still a very attractive hire

The notion that Bill is a bad coach without Brady is hilarious. The same people saying he's nothing without Brady are the same people that discount Brady's early career and say he was carried by his defense.... that Bill was responsible for

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

a neat cape posted:

The notion that Bill is a bad coach without Brady is hilarious. The same people saying he's nothing without Brady are the same people that discount Brady's early career and say he was carried by his defense.... that Bill was responsible for
11-5 with Matt freaking Cassel. And he has a playoff appearance with Mac Jones.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

gvibes posted:

11-5 with Matt freaking Cassel. And he has a playoff appearance with Mac Jones.

The only more damning team performance without a "goat" are the 93-94 bulls proving that Jordan was worth a full +2 wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Jordan never lost a championship series. Brady did. Multiple times. Clearly not comparable.