Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I keep drinking too much coffee and not eating any food. Woops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

have had enough coffee for today

speng31b
May 8, 2010

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

tihs is how you become a super saiyan

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

gonna have one more mug

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

speng31b posted:

tihs is how you become a super saiyan

more like super SHAKIN! :hampants:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

coffeh...

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

luv2shit posted:

i;m drinking cioffee right now

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

same. the stomach rebels.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
COVID gave me the superpower of never feeling hungry and now I often realize it's 2pm and I've lived off coffee

good thing i use full fat milk

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
another perfect 32 g Ethiopian espresso shot. vibrant. Silky. incandescent.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

drank 3 cups today, it's keeping me going on just over 5 hours of sleep

gotta have my joe

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I started using my metal aeropress filter again this week to make my coffee a little more robust, but forgot to tell my wife about it. She accidently threw the metal filter in the trash when she went to make herself a cup this morning, thinking it was just a paper filter like we've had for months.

Do I dig through the trash to save the filter, or just accept paper filters and move on?

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Nix Panicus posted:

I started using my metal aeropress filter again this week to make my coffee a little more robust, but forgot to tell my wife about it. She accidently threw the metal filter in the trash when she went to make herself a cup this morning, thinking it was just a paper filter like we've had for months.

Do I dig through the trash to save the filter, or just accept paper filters and move on?

I went back to paper filters after using metal for a while. I prefer the cleaner taste of paper, and being wasteful makes me feel normal.

But those filters are also kind of beautiful objects so it sucks to lose one. Might be raccoon time.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
First of the day. Beans are getting a bit old, gotta grind finer.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Drinking coffee with my breakfast

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
:coffeepal:

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Karach posted:

i once aspired to get to a point where i could go bottomless and then i just gave up on life (by which i mean i gave up on bothering to put enough effort into dialing in)

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

had a long meeting earlier so i made two mugs of coffee to drink during it

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Had a nice cup of maté this morning. Yerba maté.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

eSports Chaebol posted:

i once aspired to get to a point where i could go bottomless and then i just gave up on life (by which i mean i gave up on bothering to put enough effort into dialing in)

I've done it exactly once and every other time it pisses everywhere and makes a huge mess. I don't care enough to perfect every bean and don't have enough money to get equipment so good I don't have to. coffee didn't taste any better so who cares. its instagram poo poo.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

cracking my 2nd cold one of the day. a little late but thats the way it goes sometimes

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

eSports Chaebol posted:

I bought a Europiccola from some psycho who had tricked it out with every single high-end attachment and mod possible, for cheaper than just buying the machine on its own retail. came with pressure gauge, group head isolator bung and temperature gauge, extended handle, and a competition-grade bottomless portafilter. it came with a little mirror too so you could watch your shot.

biggest factor seems to be the grinder quality. I tried doing espresso with a cheap Breville grinder and it would always clog and shoot everywhere. invested in a Niche Zero and it gives me an awesome shot every time, once you dial in the beans.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Nix Panicus posted:

we got a keurig at work and it took me about two months before i lost all four of the metal filters I bought because i would forget them in the pod trash thing and someone empty it into the garbage by the time i remembered.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Karach posted:

quit taking b roll and get back to work!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
coffee time.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

had to fix the bunn grinder today, no idea what was wrong probably a little rock or stick bound up in the burrs. a few seconds of vigorous wiggling and grinding and whatever it was shot out with a satisfying thunk

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Mr. Sharps posted:

quit taking b roll and get back to work!

can't. it's coffee time.
:coffeepal:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

one time after "grabbing lunch" at the cafeteria with the worst boss I've ever had I went to snag some 1 pm coffee at the station nearby and they gave me the old "isn't it a bit late in the day for coffee?" in a judgy voice. 1 loving pm.

god I hate the office

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

one time after "grabbing lunch" at the cafeteria with the worst boss I've ever had I went to snag some 1 pm coffee at the station nearby and they gave me the old "isn't it a bit late in the day for coffee?" in a judgy voice. 1 loving pm.

god I hate the office

weakling boss

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Vox Nihili posted:

god I hate the office

spill some coffee on their desk when they're away
not much
just enough for them to notice it

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Drinking coffee and watching the snowstorm

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

its coffee time

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
first coffee down ☕delicious specialty americano

Second coffee incoming ☕☕

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Does anyone ever just eat coffee beans straight?

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

International Court of Justice adjudicating genocide dispute against Israel by South Africa is taking a ten minute coffee break! Enjoy that cup of Joe judges! I freaking love coffee 👩‍⚖️🧑‍⚖️👨‍⚖️☕️🖤

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
drinking a coffee

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

mags posted:

drinking a coffee

So freaking this

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war