Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
Buttigieg has proven himself...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Smythe posted:

the pinephone person was on linus tech tips for a long time then transitioned and isnt on it anymore which sucks kuz they were cool and i liked their videos. rip

drat linus hates trans people? who coulda thought?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Pete is right there

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Smythe posted:

if anyone they'd appoint mitt romney

michigan:

In another test that included former Wyoming U.S. Rep. Liz Cheney, a Republican and Trump critic, as a third-party No Labels option, Trump's lead went to 12 percentage points. Trump got 41%, Biden received 29%, Cheney followed with 8% and Stein 6%. Other candidates got 4%, and 12% were undecided.

In a hypothetical race between Whitmer, the state's Democratic governor, and Trump, Whitmer held a 4-point lead at 49%-45%. In that situation, 1% of the participants said they would vote for someone else, and 5% said they were undecided.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Pete seems the right kind of conniving/scheming to not attach himself to such an obvious debacle.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Maed posted:

drat linus hates trans people? who coulda thought?

i dont think so tim

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i support linus

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Willa Rogers posted:

michigan:

In another test that included former Wyoming U.S. Rep. Liz Cheney, a Republican and Trump critic, as a third-party No Labels option, Trump's lead went to 12 percentage points. Trump got 41%, Biden received 29%, Cheney followed with 8% and Stein 6%. Other candidates got 4%, and 12% were undecided.

In a hypothetical race between Whitmer, the state's Democratic governor, and Trump, Whitmer held a 4-point lead at 49%-45%. In that situation, 1% of the participants said they would vote for someone else, and 5% said they were undecided.

not a chance gretchen beats trump. the first female president is gonna be a sexy latina right wing populist. ive called this shot before and i stand by it

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Pete is right there

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Willa Rogers posted:

President Biden will not run for re-election during a tumultuous year that will see parts of the country suffer rolling blackouts, the release of an inhaled COVID vaccine and a boycott over driverless cars, a top JPMorgan Chase strategist predicted.

Michael Cembalest, who heads the market and investment strategy unit in the Wall Street bank’s asset management division, made the shocking forecasts in his list of ‘Ten Surprises’ for 2024 over the weekend.

Tops among the budding Nostradamus’ prophesies was that 81-year-old Biden will drop out of the race “sometime between Super Tuesday and the November election, citing health concerns.”

Michael Cumblast

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Smythe posted:

i support linus

on the trans issue or all the other poo poo thats come out recently?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Nanomashoes posted:

on the trans issue or all the other poo poo thats come out recently?

lol did something evil happen? i just watch it sometimes. always at the top of the feed

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

another fave implicated

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Smythe posted:

not a chance gretchen beats trump. the first female president is gonna be a sexy latina right wing populist. ive called this shot before and i stand by it

yeah dude I watched Veep too

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Smythe posted:

lol did something evil happen? i just watch it sometimes. always at the top of the feed

one of his managers was sexually harassing a former employee and he covered for it or something

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Smythe posted:

hate to admit it but the poli sci grad student is right

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

dads friend steve posted:

yeah dude I watched Veep too

didnt watch this show, sorry

Nanomashoes posted:

one of his managers was sexually harassing a former employee and he covered for it or something

rip

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
btc ftw, once again goons are wrong and losing out on becoming turbo trillionaires

all-time highs!!! perma-bull market *james franco voice* forever

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Xaris posted:

btc ftw, once again goons are wrong and losing out on becoming turbo trillionaires

drat, up 168% in the last year

almost exactly the same as Meta stock

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Frosted Flake posted:

You know the American Airlines crash in 2001 where a jet crashed because, when the pilot encountered mild turbulence, he slammed the rudder so far to the right the vertical stabilizer flew off and the plane disintegrated in a spin?

not gonna do anything more than skim wikipedia, but lol at AA training their pilots wrong

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
*Ricky Bobby and Cal Noughton Jr voices*

"Pump....and Dump!"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Xaris posted:

some of my 'coins are printing others are not. mixed bag

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Twitch is laying off 35% of the company.

10% more than Unity lol. Tech looking bad still.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

tech is irreparably hosed

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

unless zirp 2 happens and then it'll go back to normal

save us president vibes

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

triple sulk posted:

save us president vibes

zirp 2 is pretty much guaranteed

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

triple sulk posted:

tech is irreparably hosed

we're about to layoff 300+ ppl. its 1/3rd of our company

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

excited they brought back the deathtrap plane for another season

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Over hired

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

err posted:

Twitch is laying off 35% of the company.

10% more than Unity lol. Tech looking bad still.

Twitch isn't 'tech', it's an online begging platform with some video attached

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

triple sulk posted:

save us president vibes
*adam sandler voice* i'm gonna zirp.

dont worry, we're about to be zirpin' non-stop from here on out. president trump will save us

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Twitch isn't 'tech', it's an online begging platform with some video attached
sure. but most of those are probably content moderators, i'd presume

but i think twitch has given up. more profit $$$$ if its a FFA and don't need to pay mods if it means more consumers are paying for whatever iffy content

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
my guess is Twitch as a corporate advertising network never really took off: no one wanted to advertise on twitch. this mattered because advertisers care about "content" and "branding", but if there arent any paying advertisers, then its reliant on the paypigs paying for content -- who very much do not care about any of that. thus no reason to have content mods, and no reasons to have advertising client contract managers on payroll either

you basically just need a few people to make sure the paypig payment processing never stops working for people to spend $20 for some nude streamer in a hot tub to speak their name + a few people to make sure videos aren't using too much bandwidth, and you're off to the races.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 01:29 on Jan 10, 2024

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Speaking of that, one of the Twitch streamers made $57 million from OnlyFans alone. Not including Twitch money, sponsorships, donations, etc.

https://twitter.com/Amouranth/status/1744763888808108540?s=20

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

err posted:

Speaking of that, one of the Twitch streamers made $57 million from OnlyFans alone. Not including Twitch money, sponsorships, donations, etc.

https://twitter.com/Amouranth/status/1744763888808108540?s=20
the american dream, respect :patriot:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Xaris posted:

sure. but most of those are probably content moderators, i'd presume

but i think twitch has given up. more profit $$$$ if its a FFA and don't need to pay mods if it means more consumers are paying for whatever iffy content

Twitch already laid off most of their content moderators during their last lay off set. I think this time it will be the people who keep poo poo running fr.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

silicone thrills posted:

I think this time it will be the people who keep poo poo running fr.
oh..... well that sounds dumb but what do I know, i'm not a fortune 500 harvard MBA alumn ceo guy. they must know something i don't

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Car Hater posted:

*Ricky Bobby and Cal Noughton Jr voices*

"Pump....and Dump!"

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Xaris posted:

oh..... well that sounds dumb but what do I know, i'm not a fortune 500 harvard MBA alumn ceo guy. they must know something i don't

Hasbro laid off people from the only division that makes them money recently - the art directors etc from wizards of the coast.

MBAs are the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet. Short term gains for short term failure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

she'd never do it, she despises DC publicy garbage

So the rumors and conventional wisdom claim, but if I know anything about these ghouls it’s that their personal feelings and ambitions rarely align with their carefully curated public persona