Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Meiteron posted:

I grab the three exp assignments every day and a single enemy drop assignment which is whatever I need the most of (usually revolves around whoever I am building or intend to build next. If I need nothing, I get twigs because I find fighting mara-struck to be the most annoying.

Same here. It's nice to have a big stack of exp materials ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I've always wanted to build Herta. I was mostly holding off because I was trying to wait for e6. She was already level 70, and I was already farming Erudition, so it was an easy pivot. I'm going to finish Serval as well, and I need to remember to hold onto any copies of Passkey I pull.

Eimi posted:

People have extra mats? I just farm everything ad hoc....

Speaking of I'm taking my used units traces to 9 because it's frankly time to raise the floor of my units and I thought I didn't have credits before...

Wait until you decide to go to 10. :negative:

I think I need to skip 2.0, and that's a first. I want to get all of these projects caught up.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Bad Video Games posted:

I've always wanted to build Herta. I was mostly holding off because I was trying to wait for e6. She was already level 70, and I was already farming Erudition, so it was an easy pivot. I'm going to finish Serval as well, and I need to remember to hold onto any copies of Passkey I pull.

Wait until you decide to go to 10. :negative:

I think I need to skip 2.0, and that's a first. I want to get all of these projects caught up.

Haha yeah, Seele, Jingliu, and Dan Heng are getting the 10 treatment because with how often I use them they deserve it. I dread when I want to push more people to 10.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eimi posted:

Haha yeah, Seele, Jingliu, and Dan Heng are getting the 10 treatment because with how often I use them they deserve it. I dread when I want to push more people to 10.

Topaz and Quinque are fully maxed out because they're my favorites. I'll probably max Ratio as well.

For the regulars, it's just their important traces. Jing Yuan's ult, Kafka's skill and ult, etc. are at 10. For the fun characters used for stuff on the side, like Herta and Serval, 8 is good enough.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Wow people like Dr Ratio

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Ratio makes me laugh. I can't wait to throw chalk at Gepard.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Meowywitch posted:

Wow people like Dr Ratio

He's cute

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Dr. Ratio is an incredibly smug dork who is introduced playing chess against himself while making illegal moves and going "drat i'm so smart" before helping you out and then later engages you in an Ace Attorney segment for no reason at all other than shits and giggles.

Dude's fuckin great.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Dr Ratio and the case of Herta and Asta's HR nightmare

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Kanos posted:

Dr. Ratio is an incredibly smug dork who is introduced playing chess against himself while making illegal moves and going "drat i'm so smart" before helping you out and then later engages you in an Ace Attorney segment for no reason at all other than shits and giggles.

Dude's fuckin great.

While I hate the name still, at least they went all in on making him act exactly how someone who named themselves Dr. Ratio should act. It's hilarious.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

How is Xueyi in a dual dps team? I'm thinking of building her and trying her with Quinque.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

If they don't have a text from Dr.Ratio about those fools who can't understand how many days there is in a week on this physical fitness board he is on, I'll be disappointed.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
finally got condundrum lv6 down.
went elation, after many failed attempts at preservation.

got elation heavy, and managed to pick up 3 needed blessings, the heal blast that gets shared with everyone, each turn get a shield.
then managed to get both the reduce damage if full hp and reduce damage if shielded. So managed to do that with a single sustain of Fu Xuan

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I did it, MoC 12 has been defeated. Now to dedicate my mental energy towards the new SU.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Still at 34/36. I can either have dps with decent attack and mid crit damage or great crit damage and mid attack. Either way, I'm locked to 34/36 stars.

Like, I can't tell if Herta looks okay or not. She needs her own chest piece instead of borrowing Clara's, but her relics are at least approaching usable. The orb sucks, but it's all I have.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jan 11, 2024

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Okay, I managed to push it up to 10 star on PF, which is acceptable. I accept 450 out of 600 primos every Abyss cycle in Genshin, so I'm fine with that level of performance.

Still gonna build Herta, Asta, and Tingyun because yeah having AoE folks is going to be Important going forward, I see. And, eventually, proper relics for Xueyi because woof did rainbow gear on her seriously underperform expectations. Consistently sub five digits on Ult and poo poo on MoC12 with Pela and Bronya.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I was farming with Tingyun and wondering why she was taking SO much damage every time she was getting hit. But she wasn’t dying so oooh well.

Yeah turns out if you’ve got Fu Xuan you don’t even need gear for your support to survive during farming because I had completely stripped her relics to rearrange them and had forgotten to put them back on.

e; my level 70 Herta just kururu’d the perfect fictions to 3 stars, she’s so strong in this mode

coolusername fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Jan 11, 2024

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I didn't have much luck with Asta in Pure Fiction. I just used Kafka and Serval on the second half with Tingyun and Fireblazer. Tingyun was there to give Serval energy, and Fireblazer was there to hit the Fire weak enemies. I think consistent aoe is probably better, unless you're bringing Sampo for dot. Guinaifen would probably be good, but mine has no traces.

The next PF is supposed to focus on dot, so it might be a good idea to start focusing on those characters if you have them.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jan 11, 2024

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

What's a good relic rating site? Or I guess I want a way to gauge the progress of my characters? I checked out a couple that rated my Herta's relics pretty favorably, but that just feels wrong.

Like I said, I want a way to rate the whole character instead of just individual relics. Anything?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Bad Video Games posted:

What's a good relic rating site? Or I guess I want a way to gauge the progress of my characters? I checked out a couple that rated my Herta's relics pretty favorably, but that just feels wrong.

Like I said, I want a way to rate the whole character instead of just individual relics. Anything?

This site (https://www.honkaistarrail.org/) assigns a weight to stats per character and then generates a grade based off what they've got equipped, but it's all numerical. Is that what you're looking for?

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Bad Video Games posted:

Like, I can't tell if Herta looks okay or not. She needs her own chest piece instead of borrowing Clara's, but her relics are at least approaching usable. The orb sucks, but it's all I have.

If you have a S5 Breakfast LC use that since it's like 2nd BiS, otherwise the relics are fine for current content besides what you mentioned with the ice chest (if it were me I'd resin one up (if you have one) since Herta's job is slamming ultimates)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eimi posted:

This site (https://www.honkaistarrail.org/) assigns a weight to stats per character and then generates a grade based off what they've got equipped, but it's all numerical. Is that what you're looking for?

Kind of? Like I'm always confused if my characters are good or bad, and the only real comparison I have is a handful of content creators. And comparing your stuff to whales is a suckers bet.

I also don't really know what the scores mean. I get S and SSS and the like, so I'm guessing a score of 203 is good?

It also rates 2 of her relics SSS, 1 SS, 1 S, 1 A, and 1 B. The B is her hands, which has 5/12% crit/damage, and that's a bit baffling. I guess because it only has 2 good subs and 1 is a bit low? It rates her headpiece as SSS. It only has 1 suboptimal sub in def%, and the other 3 in attack and crit.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The ratings on that site don't seem to take the actual stats on the piece into account, just how well the piece rolled. When a stat exists on a piece, and when it levels up, there's a band it can go between, it's not the same increase everytime. So a piece that hits crit DMG every time, you could have two pieces that did that, and one could have 31% crit damage and the other could have 38%.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Detheros posted:

If you have a S5 Breakfast LC use that since it's like 2nd BiS, otherwise the relics are fine for current content besides what you mentioned with the ice chest (if it were me I'd resin one up (if you have one) since Herta's job is slamming ultimates)

I actually have Another Peaceful Day S5. That should be even better. I do have Breakfast S5. It just isn't leveled yet. I don't have any resin since I used my last one on her orb.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

it literally tells you the stat weights at the bottom of the page for that character

like jingliu :

Relic Score compose three parts:

Difficult score: 10*level/15 when main stats are correct for Body and Planar Sphere

Main stat' score: 5.83*weight for all types of relic and ornament except Head and Hand

Sub stats' scores: weight*factor*value
Jingliu's weight

HP: 0

ATK: 0.75

DEF: 0

Speed: 0.75

CRIT Rate: 0.85

CRIT DMG: 1

Break Effect: 0

Outgoing Healing: 0

Effect HIT Rate: 0

Effect RES: 0

Element DMG: 1

Energy Regen Rate: 1

Factors

HP: 0.0765

ATK: 0.15

DEF: 0.15

HP%: 1.5

ATK%: 1.5

DEF%: 1.19

CRIT Rate: 2

CRIT DMG: 1

Effect HIT Rate: 1.49

Effect RES: 1.49

Break Effect: 1

Speed: 2.53

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Bad Video Games posted:

The next PF is supposed to focus on dot, so it might be a good idea to start focusing on those characters if you have them.

This is terrible news. I’ve been farming the new sets since they came out and I’ve yet to see any atk% chest pieces and only a single speed boot for my DoT people. Meanwhile I regeared Jing Yuan and Topaz (minus a crit chest) during the first week.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Excelzior posted:

it literally tells you the stat weights at the bottom of the page for that character

Knowing how they derived their numbers doesn't tell me what those numbers mean. Maybe I'm just stupid and old, but I have no clue what any of that means. What I want to know is if my characters are good, and how do I make them better.

Dazerbeams posted:

This is terrible news. I’ve been farming the new sets since they came out and I’ve yet to see any atk% chest pieces and only a single speed boot for my DoT people. Meanwhile I regeared Jing Yuan and Topaz (minus a crit chest) during the first week.

I've barely touched that Cavern, but I do have 1 passable set on Kafka. It's my next focus once I get a usable chest piece for Herta.

psilo
Oct 18, 2009

Bad Video Games posted:

https://www.mobilemeta.gg/honkai-starrail/app/relic-scorer this was also linked a couple of pages ago, but I don't know how good it is - just testing it the first time right now. Character guides (and the value of different relics) seem to differ a bit compared to prydwen.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
topaz really bringing her weight in for me, i doubted her abit when I got her, but pairing her with Clara, she's getting a lot of value.
Combined with Ruan Mei, doing like 1.5mil numby hits

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jan 11, 2024

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I just got Bailu from a random summon. Is she just flat out better than Natasha in most situations? Those are the only two healers I have and I see she's higher tier.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
argh, lost the 50/50 on my way to E5 Xueyi, and got freaking Bailu again!
E4 Bailu of all things as my highest generic 5*

Bailu is the better healer, Natasha only if you need to cleanse debuffs. If you're just starting out, Bailu's auto-revive is a good clutch till you fully build your teams.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Endorph posted:

The ratings on that site don't seem to take the actual stats on the piece into account, just how well the piece rolled. When a stat exists on a piece, and when it levels up, there's a band it can go between, it's not the same increase everytime. So a piece that hits crit DMG every time, you could have two pieces that did that, and one could have 31% crit damage and the other could have 38%.

Wait what? That's some bullshit right there lmao. You're telling me that even if I manage to finally roll a gear with the right substat *and* manage to level up the proper substat, we still can get screwed over by rng if they roll low on the increase? Man gently caress that lol

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

New Leaf posted:

I just got Bailu from a random summon. Is she just flat out better than Natasha in most situations? Those are the only two healers I have and I see she's higher tier.

She's absolutely a better straight healer, even if her skill is RNG in that regard. She also gets one free revive for the party per battle, which can be really nice. Bailu's biggest minus is she has no status cleanse at all, which Natasha does on her skill.

That said, once you get Lynx (either through gacha or now progressing enough to beat the second battle of any Pure Fiction), she pretty much obsoletes Natasha due to having better healing overall, and a party cleanse on her Ult.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

NeonPunk posted:

Wait what? That's some bullshit right there lmao. You're telling me that even if I manage to finally roll a gear with the right substat *and* manage to level up the proper substat, we still can get screwed over by rng if they roll low on the increase? Man gently caress that lol

the difference between "all max rolls" and "all minimum rolls" on a maxed out Relic is one roll's worth

it's the final "gently caress you" but it's not going to gimp you by 20% or whatever

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm trying out Lynx as a Natasha replacement, as the game seems intent on throwing her at me at intervals. I've got her healing built up pretty well, and debuff removal is certainly a plus against many opponents, though like Natasha, she lacks the main thing (the one-time-per-battle revive) that makes Bailu so invaluable to me.

On the plus side, I did finally clear a Conundrum with my Kafka squad.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I have no bailus

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Meowywitch posted:

I have no bailus

:same:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

delfin posted:

I'm trying out Lynx as a Natasha replacement, as the game seems intent on throwing her at me at intervals. I've got her healing built up pretty well, and debuff removal is certainly a plus against many opponents, though like Natasha, she lacks the main thing (the one-time-per-battle revive) that makes Bailu so invaluable to me.

On the plus side, I did finally clear a Conundrum with my Kafka squad.

Lynx is a side grade to Natasha at best. Lynx has better eidolons and a stronger heal over time, but they're basically equal. She is better when paired with Clara or Blade.

Meowywitch posted:

I have no bailus

I have 1 Bailu. I will never use her.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I will use Bailu forever because I can't stop rolling on damage dealers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Bad Video Games posted:

Lynx is a side grade to Natasha at best.

Strongly disagree. Her single target heal is stronger up front, still has a heal-over-time component, improves max HP, AND has utility for Blade and Clara. Her Ult is just barely weaker than Natasha's at 13.5%+350 vs 13.8%+368 and has the full party cleanse plus the HOT while Nat's is nothing but up front healing, her talent actually does something at relevant life totals, and her technique exists. She's got partial crowd control protection, unlike Natasha, and real Eidolons.

Saying she's a side grade "at best" is a gross misjudgment. She's a side grade at worst, and then only in extremely narrow conditions (Nat's Ult is 10 points cheaper and her base HP is a little higher, so technically if the ONLY thing you need is raw full party healing as often as possible, Nat is very, very slightly better). In every other case, she's better.