Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

Holy poo poo

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He gonna endorse Haley right

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

TulliusCicero posted:

There are people in this thread who truly think the GOP still has some master plan after these 8 years of world class dumbfuckery, and it's like, they can't even agree on the rules of their own leadership, you really think these fucks have a plan?

At its most basic and bare-minimum level, a party can choose leadership. I don't think you can call a group a party if it can't achieve that. And here we are a full year into the Congress and the House GOP still can't clear that bar - a high-jump over a chalk line.

Forget a plan, I don't think they have a party anymore.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TulliusCicero posted:

There are people in this thread who truly think the GOP still has some master plan after these 8 years of world class dumbfuckery, and it's like, they can't even agree on the rules of their own leadership, you really think these fucks have a plan?

yeah. while i think it is partly a house chud plan to just not do anything outside various insane poo poo. its not some long term plan. if their goal was just what it used to be, trump would be gone.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Burns posted:

The entire plan is to paralyze the government. They are doing a good job in that regard.

you'll need to provide some proof that this is a real plan

if it is then it's a self-defeating one. which would be its own massive lol.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Serious_Cyclone posted:

At its most basic and bare-minimum level, a party can choose leadership. I don't think you can call a group a party if it can't achieve that. And here we are a full year into the Congress and the House GOP still can't clear that bar - a high-jump over a chalk line.

Forget a plan, I don't think they have a party anymore.

Aren't all the state parties bankrupt because the Olds keep donating their money to Trump only?

Lmao the GOP itself got conned by Donny, he won't be finished with them till he tears out the piping and insulation of their party office to sell for more legal money.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

"Do nothing and make noise" is a not-inconceivably-dumb plan for a party that's in the minority, a role that the House GOP appears to take regardless of whether they are in the minority or not.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

Aren't all the state parties bankrupt because the Olds keep donating their money to Trump only?

Lmao the GOP itself got conned by Donny, he won't be finished with them till he tears out the piping and insulation of their party office to sell for more legal money.

yeah, that and the GOP pissed away mccarthy who was able to get loads of money for them.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Oh Christ

https://twitter.com/CaseyDeSantis/status/1745168107805516122?s=20

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

TulliusCicero posted:

I don't know, I've heard it speculated but there's so much dark money pumping through their party from a small class of ultra wealthy people that it's hard to know exactly where they stand.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

So he's backing down before the end of the week, right?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I don't know, I've heard it speculated but there's so much dark money pumping through their party from a small class of ultra wealthy people that it's hard to know exactly where they stand.

When you say "dark" you mean "Rubles and Rogue Chinese billionare fun bucks" right?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Crushing "they paid me to write this song" energy

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Ron, you're making Chris Christie look smart.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Stoatbringer posted:

Absolutely. And as there are AIs being developed to try to identify AI-generated images, it'll become an arms race as the generators and identifiers are trained against each other. In a few years there will be effectively perfect photos, videos and audio and you absolutely won't be able to trust anything you haven't seen with your own eyes. It'll be possible to produce completely convincing fakes of anybody doing or saying anything.

But I'm sure such power will only ever be used for good lol

The good news, if there is any, is that from what I've heard we're already seeing that AIs trained on the output of other AIs start going insane and producing "Junk", so it may actually be a weirdly self-limiting phenomenon:

https://news.yahoo.com/ais-trained-other-ai-output-164102676.html

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

so you ever see marketing for a video game or movie, where they go way way over the top with the marketing and make like tie in songs and podcasts and poo poo and hype the poo poo out of it, then it comes out and its meh at best. yeah thats rons desantis and his wife is todd howard or Peter Molyneux or Glen Schofield.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I see now that my making a joke about hunters dick recently was not actually my making a joke, it was discussing the present political goings on in the US, can you fellows pump the brakes a bit, at least give satire a chance to catch up to reality, we'd appreciate it.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so you ever see marketing for a video game or movie, where they go way way over the top with the marketing and make like tie in songs and podcasts and poo poo and hype the poo poo out of it, then it comes out and its meh at best. yeah thats rons desantis and his wife is todd howard or Peter Molyneux or Glen Schofield.

Are you saying Ron DeSantis is the "Megan Fox is Nitara" of politics?

Because LMAO

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Just like he dropped out of every race he was ever in that didn't have an ice-cream truck at the finish line

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Dapper_Swindler posted:

What I'm getting from this is that Ron Desantis is Star Citizen and I think that's a pretty solid simile metaphor.

Edit: I'm bad at grammar, what can I say?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

Are you saying Ron DeSantis is the "Megan Fox is Nitara" of politics?

Because LMAO

its more like trump is the dead space remake to ron's callisto protocol.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Just like he dropped out of every race he was ever in that didn't have an ice-cream truck at the finish line

actually it was because the bottom wouldnt hold him.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Neito posted:

The good news, if there is any, is that from what I've heard we're already seeing that AIs trained on the output of other AIs start going insane and producing "Junk", so it may actually be a weirdly self-limiting phenomenon:

I'm not going to say much about this for obvious reasons, but I know of more tthan one artist "salting" and "poisoning" their work as far as ai is concerned, we were discussing it a few weeks ago.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I really love a good professional and righteous lack of decorum tho

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Ok I'ma need y'all to actually read the articles before posting

You're asking too much mod tyranny oppresses us all

Lord Harbor
Apr 17, 2005
Bruce Campbell: You've stolen my heart, but you'll never take my freedom
Nap Ghost

Neito posted:

Prof. Ross Anderson posted:

If you train a music model on Mozart, you can expect output that's a bit like Mozart but without the sparkle – let's call it 'Salieri'.

Burn.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I can't wait for Rudy Giuliani to convince Jimmy Dean to write a song for Donald Trump, maybe they can put it in a commercial

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

"We were honored when we found out" means our Super PAC paid for this song and we are legally obligated to pretend we didn't know what they were up to.

Pook Good Mook fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jan 10, 2024

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

QuarkJets posted:

I can't wait for Rudy Giuliani to convince Jimmy Dean to write a song for Donald Trump, maybe they can put it in a commercial
Henry Mancini already wrote the perfect song for Donald Trump back in 1961 though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1z4JfxFb6c

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

staberind posted:

I'm not going to say much about this for obvious reasons, but I know of more tthan one artist "salting" and "poisoning" their work as far as ai is concerned, we were discussing it a few weeks ago.

The AI art thread has discussed this a couple of times and it doesn't work at all. Essentially poisoning images with false metadata is trivial to remove but probably more of a derail into AI art than the Trump thread needs.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

FMguru posted:

Henry Mancini already wrote the perfect song for Donald Trump back in 1961 though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1z4JfxFb6c

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day

kazil posted:

"What are they going to do? Vacate me?" -man who was vacated

Please don't put in the paper... etc...

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

How is a crime president supposed to do crimes without immunity???

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pook Good Mook posted:

"We were honored when we found out" means our Super PAC paid for this song and we are legally obligated to pretend we didn't know what they were up to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYakrSp9DqM I thought this was the campaign song.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

:thunk:

Clearly this man is thinking only of the country, so selfless.

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

He keeps missing a crucial step every time he tweets this same poo poo:
“Every president that leaves office after publicly committing crimes and bragging about their crimes on national television every chance they get will be indicted”

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Why is MTG so obsessed with Hunter’s dong

Like, Jesus woman just call him and shoot your shot if you’re dedicating this much headspace about it

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
DAGBURGMENTUM BUIDING EVEN HIGHER BABYYYYYY!!
yes it's a real tough fight. what with ...having to...well...uh...he orders things and people do them...uh...but...some people disagree but since he makes the law it really doesn't matter...uh...TOUGH FIGHT!

MechaX posted:

Like, Jesus woman just call him and shoot your shot if you’re dedicating this much headspace about it
i thought you guys were serious that it was huge but then i saw those pictures up thread and now i get the joke. it's just an average fella

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

MechaX posted:

he's more of a Guile than Zangief and she's a shadaloo girl