Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Alan Smithee posted:

what in tarnation

They had these at the Costco we went to in England last month. They also still had a guy there checking because ours didn't scan right and he had to look at it and let us in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Don't you have to prove some kind of genetic heritage to get into an English Costco?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
That's just for the Costco of Lords

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Got the cookies and cream mini cakes.

The cake itself is good but the top reminds me of oreo cream and has to be mostly scraped off. Worth it though.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

silicone thrills posted:

cookies and cream ... reminds me of oreo cream

:thunk:

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Went to the business center and bought some kitchen timers.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

There's a specific sickening sweetness to the oreo filling that im not super into and not all cookies and cream things taste quite like that.

lowcrabdiet
Jun 28, 2004
I'm not Steve Nash.
College Slice

Beachcomber posted:

Anyone have the Battery Daddy? We just discovered all our batteries corroded each other in their package and are looking to stop that from happening again.

My Costco AAA duracells leaked while inside the Battery Daddy. Cut my losses and mostly replaced with ikea rechargeables

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the key is veganism, because oreos are vegan. sugar and shortening only

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
oreos were in lard-based imitation of a different, kosher sandwich cookie called hydrox. veganism started few decades ago but still going strong

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Yeah, the battery daddy isn't going to stop alkalines from leaking, as is their nature. Get some nice Eneloops or Fujitsu or whoever's rebranding those FDK eneloops these days.

A quick search turned this up:
https://eneloop101.com/batteries/rewrapped-batteries/

edit: Nice to see some of the Ikeas are still apparently made in Japan, but they aren't quite the standard eneloops.
Some are similar to eneloop pro, which are only rated for 500 cycles (real world probably lower):
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/ladda-rechargeable-battery-hr06-aa-1-2v-50504692/

Others similar to first gen eneloop, 1000 cycles:
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/ladda-rechargeable-battery-hr06-aa-1-2v-00509814/
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/ladda-rechargeable-battery-hr03-aaa-1-2v-90509819/

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Alan Smithee posted:

Any brand rec from Costco

Actually not sure if costco sells the one I have, got it as a gift. Mine is a Sunbeam brand one.
Their site does have this:
https://www.costco.com/true-north-heated-mattress-pad.product.4000095292.html

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
went to co

no eyeball scanners just walk on in

got hotdog and Starry

no ketchup no mustard no onion no relish

something pure about the experience

might or might not do it again will see

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

They've stopped checking your card at the self-check line here, and nothing new at the entrance yet.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Haven't seen the membership scanners at my local Co, but during the Xmas rush, I was asked repeatedly to show my membership card by a couple random employees around the store while shopping after already showing the card to enter, plus again at self checkout. Hasn't happened since, but it was legitimately off-putting.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Issaquah has the scanner, it's weird

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Sam's club keeps winning minus the lovely company.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Wendigee posted:

Sam's club keeps winning

no

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

They let you in without a card and you can check out by scanning your items with your phone and heading to the exit. Lol. Get better Costco.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Went to church. No card scanner at the entrance, but also no assi meteor noodles, so who can say whether Sam's is better or not?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Sage wisdom

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Wendigee posted:

They let you in without a card and you can check out by scanning your items with your phone and heading to the exit. Lol. Get better Costco.

Costco here doesn’t charge you, you just put whatever you want in your cart and walk out.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Wendigee posted:

Sam's club keeps winning minus the lovely company.

Oddly for some of us the lovely company is enough reason not to go there!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

StormDrain posted:

Oddly for some of us the lovely company is enough reason not to go there!

Yep. I refuse to ever give them money.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I mean sure if it's an option. Not driving 45 minutes to go to Costco over Sam's thats 6 minutes away.

We don't all live close to a Costco although I wish I did. I'm just jealous.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

binge crotching posted:

Yep. I refuse to ever give them money.

Where do you buy groceries? My only options are Walmart or Kroger and they are both unethical trash businesses that treat their employees like chattel.

If I can wait a week or two for a decent weekly coupon I can get good deals at Kroger, but if I need something now Walmart is much cheaper and I don't have to clip coupons

I go to Kroger 9 times out of 10 because gently caress the Walton's and I can usually wait for coupons, but both suck.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Sounds like real winning to me

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Wendigee posted:

Where do you buy groceries? My only options are Walmart or Kroger and they are both unethical trash businesses that treat their employees like chattel.

If I can wait a week or two for a decent weekly coupon I can get good deals at Kroger, but if I need something now Walmart is much cheaper and I don't have to clip coupons

I go to Kroger 9 times out of 10 because gently caress the Walton's and I can usually wait for coupons, but both suck.

Safeway/Alberstons, which will soon be Kroger if the purchase goes through. I'd still rather shop Kroger instead of Walmart. Walmart is an actively evil company that delights in the suffering of their employees, while Kroger, et al. are more indifferent to it. Still lovely companies, but better than the alternative.

And yes, I have the luxury of having a couple dozen grocery stores within 30 minutes (and two Costcos), while the nearest Walmart is about 40 minutes away. It's a lot easier for me to never give them money vs someone living in a food desert.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I think driving a car 1.5 hours round trip to go to Costco and avoid a Walton store when it could be a 15 minute drive round trip is ridiculous

Edit: I never go to Walmart unless Kroger etc, doesn't have coupons that week for stuff I need. I am not a Walton fan. Kroger gets my groceries and Sam's gets my bulk goods because that's what makes sense.

I think I've been to Walmart twice the last year and Sam's club probably 5 times.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jan 10, 2024

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I’m very grateful to be living in an area with 4 Meijers and a Fresh Thyme within 15 minutes of me. And an Aldis & Trader Joe’s.

The Meijer family is also evil but not Walton evil.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Man I’d love a Trader Joe’s near me, 90 minutes is the closest. Costco, Publix/Food Lion/Kroger depending on need as those 3 have the best prices on produce and other fresh goods or Lowe’s Foods because while they might be more of a Whole Foods style place and more expensive, fantastic deli, bakery and butcher. Plus they have a beer den so we can drink beers and shop.

IMO Costco is much better than Sam’s/BJ’s. Better quality, prices and options. Plus, $1.50 dogs and a soda. Wife thought I was nuts buying that years ago til she had one.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Sam's Club is a low-quality troll just like the people who defend it

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Wendigee posted:

I think I've been to Walmart twice the last year and Sam's club probably 5 times.

smdh

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Wendigee posted:

I shop at a big Costco with my wife

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Been alternating between picking up that frozen barramundi and the wild caught sockeye salmon for my fish needs. Good poo poo

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

I feel lucky to have multiple Costco locations within 15 miles, and a Winco when I don't need bulk purchasing.

Come to the PNW, we got everything wait no don't everyone's coming here and it's impossible to afford rent nooooo

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
https://www.vxtiktok.com/t/ZT8qeC1yb/

Area man eats only dogs for a week.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Soul Dentist posted:

Sam's Club is a low-quality troll just like the people who defend it

:hmmyes:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

bucksmash posted:

I feel lucky to have multiple Costco locations within 15 miles, and a Winco when I don't need bulk purchasing.

Come to the PNW, we got everything wait no don't everyone's coming here and it's impossible to afford rent nooooo

My aunt lives north of Seattle. She said it’s impossible to drive into the city the traffic’s gotten so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

She's also old and prone to exaggeration.