Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bobby Petrino has called a press conference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Go to the Falcons?

I mean that would also be fun.

Norvell would be hilarious.

Sark would be the kill shot

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

R.D. Mangles posted:

Bobby Petrino has called a press conference

A new neck brace to deal with new whiplash.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Gonz posted:

Mr. Saban Goes To The Villages

Canned Sunshine posted:

Mr. Harbaugh Goes to Saban’s Retirement Party [in Washington]

2024 NCAA Offseason Thread: Mr. Saban Goes to Nursinghome

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

General Dog posted:

Is Mike Norvell the funniest possibility? It’s certainly the meanest

He is a no-go for bama. He has virtually no ties nor staff thatve been a bama assistant at any point in their careers

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
C’mon white boy, gimme that Houston Nutt

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
I asked my Bama alum wife her opinion
"We all knew he was two-faced before he arrived"

Lmao at the "betrayal"

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

is there a single potential saban successor that is not funny?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

pillsburysoldier posted:

He is a no-go for bama. He has virtually no ties nor staff thatve been a bama assistant at any point in their careers

Saban didn't have any Bama ties before he was hired there? Maybe

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

trevorreznik posted:

I asked my Bama alum wife her opinion
"We all knew he was two-faced before he arrived"

Lmao at the "betrayal"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

Nick Saban 30 Year Old Clone

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

Unlikely, but Kalen DeBoer would just kind of be a bummer for everyone (except probably Bama)

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Leaving work early just to listen to Finebaum

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

What would it take for Bama to poach Kirby?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Jon Gruden finally takes a college HC job.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

Sark would be the kill shot

that would be the funniest goddamn thing that could possibly happen and lets be real: he's maxed out at Texas.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

not caring about money and legal issues that the state of Alabama could protect him from.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I’m a bit shocked Eli Gold outlasted Sabes. Not upset about that of course.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

facialimpediment posted:

someone put go-go juice in the coaching carousel

You wanted go-go juice?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Lanning is the least funny option because I don’t think he’d succeed enough for Bama fans and it would hamstring Oregon for a few years, neither of which are particularly funny or interesting outcomes

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

It honestly wouldn't shock me if Bama makes a pass at Sark, given how Saban endorsed him in the Coaches Poll a couple seasons ago.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Please don't go after Mike.

https://x.com/PeteThamel/status/1745219195980116435?s=20

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Mike Price is still undefeated as Alabama head coach.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

James Franklin lmao

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

DC Murderverse posted:

Lanning is the least funny option because I don’t think he’d succeed enough for Bama fans and it would hamstring Oregon for a few years, neither of which are particularly funny or interesting outcomes

Excuse me but Bama fans becoming increasingly more frustrated year after year through 3-4 coaching hires would be hilarious

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

I sent this to the Bama family chat , thank you

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

DC Murderverse posted:

Excuse you but any outcome that makes Bama bad, or even just okay, is a funny and interesting outcome.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Pat Fitzgerald downloading the app and putting in 2 time big ten west champion

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

James Franklin on Bama routinely getting shithoused by top ten teams would be like football ambrosia.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

James Franklin lmao

Who pushes him as a candidate harder, Franklin’s agent or Penn State?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Why would Kirby leave Georgia for Bama?

Isn’t he in a situation where he is sitting at least as well or better than the Bama job?

Does Georgia lack anything that Bama has in terms of boosters with deep pockets, huge loyal fanbase that will travel, big university willing to shell out for state of the art facilities etc?

He is recruiting at the very top of the game, currently contending for the Natty every year, won it two out of the last 3 years and just missed this year by a hair, and it is a situation of his own making that he gets the credit for as opposed to stepping into Nick’s shadow.

In addition, his school’s home state is a bigger and more fertile recruiting ground than Alabama (I would assume just based on population).

I do not know Kirby’s bio though so I do not know if there are any history ties like Dabo having played for the Tide.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Zwabu posted:

Isn’t he in a situation where he is sitting at least as well or better than the Bama job?

Does Georgia lack anything that Bama has in terms of boosters with deep pockets, huge loyal fanbase that will travel, big university willing to shell out for state of the art facilities etc?

He is recruiting at the very top of the game, currently contending for the Natty every year, won it two out of the last 3 years and just missed this year by a hair, and it is a situation of his own making that he gets the credit for as opposed to stepping into Nick’s shadow.

In addition, his school’s home state is a bigger and more fertile recruiting ground than Alabama (I would assume just based on population).

I do not know Kirby’s bio though so I do not know if there are any history ties like Dabo having played for the Tide.

Our red is better than their red

Tagesreste
Jan 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
If I was a drinker, I'd definitely be a few whiskey shots deep at work right now as I roil with anxiety about the fact that Lanning could absolutely leave for Alabama.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Bama will go after Sark, and then Texas will go after Kirby.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Jim Harbaugh, no longer content to win a natty at just Michigan, jumps to Bama with the plan to win a natty at EVERY university.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Zwabu posted:

Kirby played football at UGA. There’s no world in which he’d leave for Bama.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
strange to me that james franklin is on the rumored target list and not Day

Cthulu Carl posted:

Jim Harbaugh, no longer content to win a natty at just Michigan, jumps to Bama with the plan to win a natty at EVERY university.

TBH Jim's abortion views would go over way better in alabama than michigan.

clean ayers act fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jan 11, 2024

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

dirty shrimp money posted:

You wanted go-go juice?

https://twitter.com/angelresto28/status/1745209854996668786?t=egFY9OnFiqxaQ0Hxqk9RCw&s=19

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

lol

https://x.com/espngreeny/status/1745222986326589854?s=46&t=57FTejv1NS_VkuGYLPsZzg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
nick saban was like "i'd bet my career that bama deserves a spot over fsu"