Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Derek Dooley come on down!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/ChadHorneRTR/status/1745225945487708490?ref_src=twsrc%5Et

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

This literal conversation will be taking place this weekend multiple times at my hunting club.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

harperdc posted:

and one other thing

Please, Please, Please don't hire Dan Lanning. This time, I know we're not going to get lucky again.

That seems to be the hot rumor floating around.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
haters in shambles, harbaugh retired saban fair and square

https://twitter.com/NicoleAuerbach/status/1745243860417360339

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I go away for a few hours and come back to the offseason thread adding six pages, drat.

Like "where were you when Nick Saban retired" moment.

If it was 4 or 5 years ago, I might be worried James Franklin would be poached, but I don't think Franklin is attractive to the 5-ish top tier programs.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

gently caress.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Heupel to Bama would be extremely funny because gently caress the Vols.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
I am displeased that LSU hired Bo Davis away after he turned our DL into the strength of the team. I hope it wasn’t because he knows something about Sark being the successor at Bama.

I don’t know that I’m a Sark true believer at this point but I hope he doesn’t get poached and leave us looking for a coach all the sudden in January.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Thermos H Christ posted:

I am displeased that LSU hired Bo Davis away after he turned our DL into the strength of the team. I hope it wasn’t because he knows something about Sark being the successor at Bama.

Anything Kelly can do to strengthen the defense, I'm all for it.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Warbird posted:

Bama gonna get a big dose of Heupel next year

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Fluffdaddy posted:

gently caress.

end of an era. whoever you get next needs to be absolutely top tier at keeping the boosters in line, because that was both Saban's real power, and also the only thing keeping Bama from getting mighty Auburn real quick.

trilljester posted:

That seems to be the hot rumor floating around.

I see it and it doesn't make me happy!!!!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

This is the best day ever.

My volume is muted but I assume this is a drunk guy reacting to news that Saban is retiring?

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Coach, how did we beat Tennessee this year? The same way Vanderbilt did.

Warbird posted:

I made this joke earlier, it's probably the only funnier option to me than Dabo because Tennessee would absolutely lose their minds. The fallout from just Lane Kiffin was amazing.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Gonna be a Ray Perkins like situation all over again.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Coach Drink to Alabama

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Bama it's time to bring back the offensive guru himself, Charlie Weis

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I'm the old redneck in the woods drunk off his rear end wearing long jeans and no shoes or socks, crying that my magic football wizard is going away forever

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Gonna be funny when they settle on a Muschamp and less funny when he finally succeeds as a HC.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

Gonna be funny when they settle on a Muschamp and less funny when he finally succeeds as a HC.

Third time's the charm?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Time to call up Coach O

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Fluffdaddy posted:

Time to call up Coach O

Proven national champion, former LSU coach who heads to Alabama

I've seen this script before.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Proven national champion, former LSU coach who heads to Alabama

I've seen this script before.

:hai:

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

harperdc posted:

end of an era. whoever you get next needs to be absolutely top tier at keeping the boosters in line, because that was both Saban's real power, and also the only thing keeping Bama from getting mighty Auburn real quick.

virtually no way they don't turn into auburn after this. the fanbase will run out literally anyone they hire next and it'll take decades to dial back expectations

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Saban didn't have any Bama ties before he was hired there? Maybe

He’d won a NC at LSU, so they were getting a NC-winning coach and also pissing off LSU.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Thermos H Christ posted:

I don’t know that I’m a Sark true believer at this point but I hope he doesn’t get poached and leave us looking for a coach all the sudden in January.

Realistically, who does Texas go after if Sark leaves? I would think Kirby or possibly Harbaugh would be the first names on the list, but what's the real answer?

(please don't say Deion)

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Saban didn't have any Bama ties before he was hired there? Maybe

Bama had let go of the decade+ long de facto requirement that there be some connection, however tenuous, to Bear.

I doubt they're dumb enough to do it again.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I. M. Gei posted:

Realistically, who does Texas go after if Sark leaves? I would think Kirby or possibly Harbaugh would be the first names on the list, but what's the real answer?

You mean guys that would bother to pick up the phone? Leopold. Lanning. Lane. Stoops.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

harperdc posted:

I see it and it doesn't make me happy!!!!

Speaking of Auburn, think they’re singing Yub Nub in Auburn, Alabama right now?

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I. M. Gei posted:

They are going to pay Sark a bunch of money and not chase anyone. The situation where Sark goes to Bama is one where they decided for some reason to not pay him a bunch of money and let him go, so they aren't going to suddenly decide to spend that money on someone else either, so set your expectations really low for a January hire in that case.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

dirty shrimp money posted:

Speaking of Auburn, think they’re singing Yub Nub in Auburn, Alabama right now?

I would LOVE to know what the scene is like in Auburn right now.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

https://x.com/brandieeemac/status/1745243749104386335

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.

I. M. Gei posted:

I would LOVE to know what the scene is like in Auburn right now.

Ask and ye shall receive: https://sports.yahoo.com/auburn-fans-celebrate-nick-sabans-retirement-by-rolling-toomers-corner-235608023.html

quote:

The retirement of Nick Saban was bound to inspire a lot of feelings in many directions. That it came so suddenly Wednesday only added to a frenetic day in college football after the news broke.

Of course, there was only elation at Auburn, where fans have been dealing with a juggernaut about 150 miles away for the past 17 seasons. The Tigers gave Saban more than his fair share of losses — 38% of his regular-season losses, in fact — but the idea of no longer having to recruit against the man and beat him every year has to feel good.

So good, in fact, that some fans on the ground in Auburn responded by rolling Toomer's Corner, their tradition every time their team posts a win. Which they basically just did.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

It’s going to be even funnier when Bama hires Freeze.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

It is taking a monumental effort to pull myself away from this to go to the gym right now. Any chance of me doing anything else productive today like practicing my horn went out the window as soon as this news dropped.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I'll just say this.

Coach K and Roy Williams retiring opened the door to greasy UCONN taking control of college basketball.

I don't know if we're quite prepared for Resurgent Auburn. It'll be like Marty waking up in alternate 1985.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

"some fans"

I feel like that whole entire school should be crowding around that fuckin tree right now.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

I. M. Gei posted:

It is taking a monumental effort to pull myself away from this to go to the gym right now. Any chance of me doing anything else productive today like practicing my horn went out the window as soon as this news dropped.

buddy i've practiced my horn to this news twice and might practice it twice more before the day is over

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

C. Everett Koop posted:

buddy i've practiced my horn to this news twice and might practice it twice more before the day is over

I don't think you and me are talking about the same kind of horn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
is harvey updike alive, and if so has this finished his rear end off