Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

loquacius posted:

He voiced Mater the lovable idiot tow truck in Disney's Pixar's Cars (2006)

e:

emphasis mine

1. mater is a knight?
2. the cars have a queen/king?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

loquacius posted:

alternately, larry the cable guy

WampaLord posted:

Jack Black

white guys too juicy. cspam refusing to select unjuiced whites

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

indigi posted:

what white dude plays the Bernie Mac role in 2003 black oceans eleven. Joe Tuturro?

jeff foxworthy

netizen
Jun 25, 2023

indigi posted:

I think The Rock is a perfect movie that can't be improved upon in any way. but imagine a Rocklike with Eddie Murphy and Jamie Foxx and Martin Lawrence and Will Smith and Denzel Washington. god drat I’m about to faint

The Rock 2 starring Chris Rock and Will Smith. Will two mortal enemies put their past behind them and work together to foil this terrorist plot?

will stancil
Dec 12, 2023

indigi posted:

what white dude plays the Bernie Mac role in 2003 black oceans eleven. Joe Tuturro?

johnny knoxville

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

RandolphCarter posted:

1. mater is a knight?
yes he was knighted by the british queen for his secret service actions, and he also got a girlfriend, and both are swept away somewhere for the third one

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

AMA Cars.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

indigi posted:

billy ray cyrus

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I'm late to the party on Slow Horses, but I finished the first season tonight and enjoyed it! Thought it was about par with Rabbit Hole, both in tone and overall execution of a light spy thriller.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
larry the cable guy has a hilarious video on youtube from before he had his shtick, he's just a lame 90s style comedian at a florida retirement home making jokes about airplane food

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

honestly, respect

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

i say swears online posted:

honestly, respect

lol found it https://youtu.be/QdQtXqeXPuo?si=T6JtrIu7eXtTUzKL

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

RandolphCarter posted:

1. mater is a knight?

Cars 2 was in retrospect a weird movie

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

exmarx posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lj99Uz1d50

the game of thrones fellas are adapting the 3 body problem

looks like poo poo

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

just finished watching through The Lone Gunmen and they really set a high bar having the first episode be about a government plot to fly a plane into the world trade center, didn't remember that at all

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

exmarx posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lj99Uz1d50

the game of thrones fellas are adapting the 3 body problem

The bad ending is baked into this one

netizen
Jun 25, 2023

I knew he was playing up the redneck schtick but I didn't know he was completely making up the accent. Also, he looks like Colm Meaney in that picture.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

wasn't ridley scott doing a napoleon movie? i thought half the people in here were dads, i figured there'd be 2-3 threads by now

We're waiting for his proper 4 hour cut

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
in honor of bill paxton i just watched Near Dark, which i had never seen

great movie, kathryn bigelow is really good at big macho guy stuff. it feels like james cameron ripped off the big gasoline truck sequence for terminator 2?

even the soundtrack (tangerine dream, very good btw) sounded very t2-y at times.

cameron maybe even stole the "make the scene very dark and blue" thing for t2? he should be investigated for his crimes

anyway Near Dark is very good, five bags of popcorn and a big glass of grape juice that looks like blood

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Patton Oswalt same thing. He's just lost his edge.

To be fair, Patton has a pretty loving good reason to be very safe and not make anything resembling a wave for the rest of his life.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Clip-On Fedora posted:

To be fair, Patton has a pretty loving good reason to be very safe and not make anything resembling a wave for the rest of his life.

what's the worst that could happen

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I'm not clued in on celebrities. What is this in reference to?

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Eric Cantonese posted:

I'm not clued in on celebrities. What is this in reference to?

A common online theory is that he murdered his wife. I don't really remember why though

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

loquacius posted:

Cars 2 was in retrospect a weird movie

Even at the time people were pretty wtf about it

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Written (with 4 others) and Directed exclusively by twice fired from disney John Lasseter

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

indigi posted:

Buscemi

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

galagazombie posted:

More movies should follow The Death of Stalins lead and have every actor embrace their native accent regardless of setting. I want Antonio Banderas playing George Washington.
Didn't they use that to portray different Russian dialects/accents/sociolects? But yes, absolutely. Alternatively, use a non-native but unrelated accent, like making Napoleon speak with a "Swedish" accent.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the best approach is the Tekken style where all the actors just perform in their native language and everybody just somehow understands each other.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

In Training posted:

the best approach is the Tekken style where all the actors just perform in their native language and everybody just somehow understands each other.

_________/

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
not too long after my previous post I ended up on an episode of miami vice guest starring bill paxton

strong paxton vibes tonight

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

drat horror queefs posted:

A common online theory is that he murdered his wife. I don't really remember why though

There was a lot of weird circumstances involving his wife's death at the time and he got remarried pretty quickly afterwards. There was a lot of people online who didn't like him because of his dumb lib politics or for stupid nerd reasons, so they started spreading rumors he killed his wife.

Personally I thought it was more likely to be a drug overdose, and after looking it up it looks like it was actually confirmed a few years ago that her death was caused by the effects of Adderall, Fentanyl, and Xanax in her system. They also apparently found coke on her, so I can see why they wouldn't want to announce her cause of death right away.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Regarde Aduck posted:

The bad ending is baked into this one

Part of the strength of early GoT is the dialogue and monologues, and those are lifted entirely from the novels. Once they started to invent there own it went to poo poo.

The biggest problem with them adapting 3BP is that it doesn't have good dialogue to begin with, and whilst it's story is good, the moment to moment of it loving sucks.

This show, bad ending included, is going to be a loving disaster.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Grey Fox posted:

I'm late to the party on Slow Horses, but I finished the first season tonight and enjoyed it! Thought it was about par with Rabbit Hole, both in tone and overall execution of a light spy thriller.

it's a pretty funny concept, to punt gary oldman into your low-rent spy drama as a character who can run rings around everyone else, which is expressed by having oldman out-act every other character

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

PriorMarcus posted:

Part of the strength of early GoT is the dialogue and monologues, and those are lifted entirely from the novels. Once they started to invent there own it went to poo poo.

The biggest problem with them adapting 3BP is that it doesn't have good dialogue to begin with, and whilst it's story is good, the moment to moment of it loving sucks.

This show, bad ending included, is going to be a loving disaster.

yeah if they keep to the original story it's... not going to go down well with the average tv viewer

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Clip-On Fedora posted:

There was a lot of weird circumstances involving his wife's death at the time and he got remarried pretty quickly afterwards. There was a lot of people online who didn't like him because of his dumb lib politics or for stupid nerd reasons, so they started spreading rumors he killed his wife.

Personally I thought it was more likely to be a drug overdose, and after looking it up it looks like it was actually confirmed a few years ago that her death was caused by the effects of Adderall, Fentanyl, and Xanax in her system. They also apparently found coke on her, so I can see why they wouldn't want to announce her cause of death right away.
This is extremely disrespectful. You're turning the death of a true crime author into an accidental overdose, when the murder theory is far more interesting. Imagine if her interest in true crime rubbed off on Oswalt, and he used the knowledge that poison is seen as a woman's murder weapon as a way to get away with murder. Maybe he dosed her with fentanyl because he knew the cops would be too traumatized to investigate further? You should be ashamed for suggesting it was far more mundane than that.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Regarde Aduck posted:

yeah if they keep to the original story it's... not going to go down well with the average tv viewer

the big climax is going to be the scene with the ship and its going to be extremely awful and stupid

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Regarde Aduck posted:

I watched the Chinese one last year and it was ok but it will come off a bit slow and weird.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

the milk machine posted:

in honor of bill paxton i just watched Near Dark, which i had never seen

great movie, kathryn bigelow is really good at big macho guy stuff. it feels like james cameron ripped off the big gasoline truck sequence for terminator 2?

even the soundtrack (tangerine dream, very good btw) sounded very t2-y at times.

cameron maybe even stole the "make the scene very dark and blue" thing for t2? he should be investigated for his crimes

anyway Near Dark is very good, five bags of popcorn and a big glass of grape juice that looks like blood

The movie looks grimy as hell and that's another reason why it rules

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
the best part of napoleon was when he started meowing and stomping his feet at Josephinne so he could gently caress her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i haven't read the third three body problem book, but the second one is cool because the central ideological conflict is between good guys and scumbags who want to fly away on space ships