Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

liked the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I liked most of Dynamite but that Starks/Guevera match did nothing for me.

They're both not great and Ricky is checked out. It was the only bad part of the show to me though.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

I'm Fine with Ricky. I think he can improve but at least he carries himself with charisma. On the other hand, I am pretty much done with Sammy. Just don't care about his character or his work. Absolutely does nothing for me, make him a heel or get him outta here.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Ricky vs Sammy was a great match. That fuckin angels wings onto the ring apron was insane, and the actual structure of the match was great. Just two dudes who know each other and trust each other.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Its funny how instantly and entirely all the Devilverse stuff just disappeared in the new year. Roddy came out, no neck brace, no wheelchair, no ADAAAM, no running back to taven and bennett for encouragement just heel wrestler roderick strong. They're an unmasked, regular faction called the undisputed kingdom. maybe it was all a dream

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Bryan Keith vs. Roddy ruled

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

The_Rob posted:

Ricky vs Sammy was a great match. That fuckin angels wings onto the ring apron was insane, and the actual structure of the match was great. Just two dudes who know each other and trust each other.
agreed that was very nasty and the match was good. Im also the only sammy fan on the board

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Suplex Liberace posted:

agreed that was very nasty and the match was good. Im also the only sammy fan on the board

You're not alone, friend

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Suplex Liberace posted:

I think he’s really good. He just needs a gimmick refresh. That’s why this stuff with him and Jericho sucks. He changed his whole look and attitude with the Callis family and now he’s right back to exactly where he was like 6 months ago.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

they really hosed up not doing a slow burn face turn with sammy ala ole anderson where he picks his real family over the don Callis family

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

im a big sammy fan and not even a jericho hater, especially compared to some, but throwing sammy back with jericho sucks rear end. they have the most on-again off-again relationship of anyone in the company. i guess this last one is a pivot because of omega but pairing sammy with callis, then a pause for concussion, and then returning to immediately leave callis just sucks.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

It was funny to me how the crowd went from hootin' and hollerin' the whole time until Sammy/Ricky where they sat on their hands and only popped for spots.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Ricky Starks needs to pick up a better finisher like the STO and use a cool fun moves to end it like an Elbow Drop with theatrics.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

ricky calls himself the stroke daddy but doesn't even use the stroke. let jeff jarrett take him under his wing...

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I liked that Ricky/Sammy match. I'm high on both guys. I really liked that the kick that ended it looked like murder. It's like a fight ending in a flash punch.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I like Ricky Starks but I would not put the world title on Ricky Starks.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Shard posted:

I liked that Ricky/Sammy match. I'm high on both guys. I really liked that the kick that ended it looked like murder. It's like a fight ending in a flash punch.

That ending felt like an accident

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

That ending felt like an accident

I think that's part why I liked it. I like when a match ends suddenly every once in a while.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Sammy will only be able to grow and be good once he escapes the Jerichoverse, which I doubt we'll see so long as Jericho's hanging around fulltime.

Ricky on the other hand feels like a victim of being stuck in feuds with bad dance partners (Jericho, Punk). His brief feud with Danielson was cool but felt like a consolation prize after Punk's big dumb meltdown.

Neither is world champion material though :shrug:

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

The_Rob posted:

Mustache hangman rules. He looks like Magnum TA

doublepost but i gotta support Hangman TA :moustache:

SnazzyDude
Oct 28, 2021
Hope to God Jericho and Sammy dont win the titles, you could do a lot with Starks and Bill, especially since every promo they do they come off as tweeners.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SnazzyDude posted:

Hope to God Jericho and Sammy dont win the titles, you could do a lot with Starks and Bill, especially since every promo they do they come off as tweeners.

I don't think the match got knocked to Battle of the Belts because Jericho and Sammy are winning.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

le sex gods

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

SnazzyDude posted:

Not a chance

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Sammy and Ricky were smacking each other so much Tony started calling out receipts

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
kahn!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

le sex gods

le sux clods

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

marching off to the mod feedback thread to file a grievance about this negativity forthwith

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yep. we're all just trying to chill here but sure gently caress up the vibes

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Le lex gods

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

molag bal

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

molag bal who begat morgath who was teacher to Sauron whom corrupted Saruman

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he was a saruman the day that he met me

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cavauro posted:

he was a saruman the day that he met me

Cavauruman

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

sauron guevara

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i dont see what the deadric prince of domination has to do with AEW

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i dont see what the deadric prince of domination has to do with AEW

Molag Bal forces tk to do bad tweets its the only explanation

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

I never saruman eat so many chicken wings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Tony ‘s twitter rants have turned nearly two hundred thousand people away from AEW this week. Bravo sir