Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Coolguye posted:

you are responding to the top g

This is a good point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
What I am getting from this is that we should start making nukes here in Sweden

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Collapsing Farts posted:

Finally, we can use plutonium to bring the Danes to their knees!

Just like the prophecies of Hugo foretold..

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

Collapsing Farts posted:

Sold at IKEA no less.

Don't forget your hex key, and the screwdriver stays on.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Tigey posted:

You're actually 74% Polish and Russian.

The The Ukrainian DNA doesn't exist and you have just been brainwashed by decadent nazi western propaganda into forgetting your real Russian heritage

Everything east of Berlin is Russian.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Collapsing Farts posted:

I'm still astounded that Sweden had a nuclear weapons program that was far enough along in the 60s that they
- Mined their own uranium from shale (mostly as a proof of concept, it was an expensive source)
- Designed their own reactors, that were also among the first to sell electricity to consumers
- Produced some plutonium - I'd love a clear source, something like a kg?
- Designed and made mockups of parts for a bomb that would probably work
- Designed, built and deployed a bomber that could carry it

If you could do that back then, the only thing that would stop you from banging something together now are trifling things like "international treaties" and "political desire".

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Swedish Nukeballs

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jan 11, 2024

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
This the thread for stale memes?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

His Divine Shadow posted:

Swap the head for one where he's wearing the goofy hat.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

His Divine Shadow posted:

Try to make them at least as stale a Russian MREs.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Mods: why is The Top G not threadbanned? All his posts in this fine thread have been drive-by shitposts.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Please stop giving the Swedish king any delusions of military grandeour. The world does not need any more Sabaton albums.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

bad_fmr posted:

Please stop giving the Swedish king any delusions of military grandeour. The world does not need any more Sabaton albums.

How does Sabaton manage to make albums what with performing on the Sweden boats 52 weeks a year?

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

bad_fmr posted:

Didn't Sabaton do some gigs in occupied Crimea supported by the Putin jugend or something

Wonder what Sabaton thinks of the current full invasion

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
is there like... any ukrainian food that's convincingly different from russian food?

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

jaete posted:

Didn't Sabaton do some gigs in occupied Crimea supported by the Putin jugend or something

Wonder what Sabaton thinks of the current full invasion

Yeah, they did a gig for the Night Wolves, the Putin loyalist bike gang. loving hell, its cosplay all the way down.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Cripes..so a few of friends of mine who work at the IR faculty across the road linked a Lex/Mearshiemer interview which was done last month. Quite a long interview but jesus loving christ. I'm not sure I've seen such brazen American exceptionalism from him before and just ignoring actual events that happened and the age old whataboutism.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the contention that might makes right does make you look like an idiot if you are shown to not have any might, yes

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

My magnum opus theoretical model isn't wrong.

Its reality that's wrong.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

beer_war posted:

Mods: why is The Top G not threadbanned? All his posts in this fine thread have been drive-by shitposts.

Honestly I haven't really noticed them and it doesn't seem to have caused much disruption. I'm mostly concerned with poo poo posts that derail the thread causing more poo poo posts.

Upon reviewing some of their latest posts here, I can't say they have been good ones but nothing worthy of a thread ban.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Putin did a DNA test and it turns out he's a direct descendant of prince Huylo the first.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

tango alpha delta posted:

Well, got my DNA test back.

I’m 74 percent Polish and Ukrainian and 3 percent Jewish.

My family settled in Manitoba Canada after fleeing Ukraine. My Polish-Jewish side fled Poland before the Nazis annexed it.

I hate Putin so much right now.

You missing a leg or something?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
pegleg alt account spotted

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

weg posted:

Honestly I haven't really noticed them and it doesn't seem to have caused much disruption. I'm mostly concerned with poo poo posts that derail the thread causing more poo poo posts.

Upon reviewing some of their latest posts here, I can't say they have been good ones but nothing worthy of a thread ban.

Possibly they are the same as me and have him on ignore? :shrug:

That would skew things a bit.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

sexy tiger boobs posted:

You missing a leg or something?

lol, I also have Scottish, Swedish and German DNA but they didn’t seem relevant to the thread at the time.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 11, 2024

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

The Top G posted:

Personally, I think nazis are bad, and removing them from Ukrainian society is a good thing. Maybe that’s just me though.

The Top G posted:

https://twitter.com/KitKlarenberg/status/1724795373141835832

“Wrap it up Zman, we’ve got a new and shiny war to focus on… you got til years end”

I don't think this should be a place to cheer on ethnic cleansing and quote The Grayzone authors. The only reason he's not more disruptive is that he is a very obvious troll, so most regulars ignored him right away.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
It's traditional for a UA thread to have a crayon eater

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

beer_war posted:

I don't think this should be a place to cheer on ethnic cleansing and quote The Grayzone authors. The only reason he's not more disruptive is that he is a very obvious troll, so most regulars ignored him right away.

I agree but if that's what they are doing here it's pretty low effort and infrequent. Those examples are two months old now. I'll keep an eye on their posts going forward and probe anything that's worthy of it, but ignoring them is the best strategy as trolls that fail to get a rise become quickly uninspired.

Tai posted:

It's traditional for a UA thread to have a crayon eater
:hai:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
We need at least some excitement since pretty much every other type of content is haram now

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
war bad

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
The early days of people from the unnamed sub forum would come in and post stuff in Russias defence having fully taken the bait on Russian propaganda or just posting ''But what about Iraq'' were pretty funny and I do miss that stuff. Good times

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

mobby_6kl posted:

We need at least some excitement since pretty much every other type of content is haram now

MS Paint vladimir putin

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Tai posted:

war bad

Sure, Putin started a genocidal war of aggression, sent tens of thousand of his countrymen to die for his personal ambitions, destroyed multiple cities and countless settlements and had a metric fuckton of civilians murdered, raped, ethnically cleansed, sent off to filtration camps or abducted.

But at least he didn't post a video about it.

beer_war fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 11, 2024

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
That gave me a good chuckle

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

BigSac is leaving twitter. Gonna miss watching soothing mobik death vids before drifting off to sleep.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Big rear end On Fire posted:

BigSac is leaving twitter. Gonna miss watching soothing mobik death vids before drifting off to sleep.

Is that Wayne Gretzky's twitter?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Big rear end On Fire posted:

Mods just got 50 bloodlusting reports

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

You should do something more wholesome in your spare time.

Like checking out the latest Holodomor jokes.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
from 3-day SMO to fortified bus stops in Bilhorod, Muscovy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
That looks like some poo poo you can build in 30 seconds in people playground