Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Phobeste posted:

Guy who jack's off to stats: Wrong stats bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It is very funny that the Steelers are so rear end now that the only thing the fans have left is arguing about the third best DE in the league not getting enough respect.

Change the topic, it's cool.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Looking strictly at sacks and sacks alone is how you get the wide-9 and Jason Babin.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Phobeste posted:

Guy who jacked off to made up stats to explain why Brady isn't a boring robot for 20 years defends another made up stat

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Micah Parsons should be at the top of the list because refs refuse to call holding on him because even being held on every play he's basically the best DL in the league.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Mr. Nice! posted:

Micah Parsons should be at the top of the list because refs refuse to call holding on him because even being held on every play he's basically the best DL in the league.

Myles gets that too.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Phobeste posted:

lol

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The question is between Garrett and Parsons. Both are absolute game wreckers.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

*yawn*

Call me back when TJ Watt has a cool-rear end leaping FG block like Garrett.
https://www.nfl.com/videos/can-t-miss-play-myles-garrett-s-athleticism-is-off-the-charts-on-leaping-blocked

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah, Garrett gets held just about every play and it goes uncalled. And he still wrecks poo poo.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Here's a 'made up stat' that loves TJ Watt - True Sack Rate from Brandon Thorn. Every sack gets a "quality" rating - High Quality is straight up beating a good blocker for the sack. Low Quality is something like a coverage sack or an unblocked sack.

https://trenchwarfare.substack.com/p/the-2023-true-sack-rate-tsr-week-544?utm_source=profile&utm_medium=reader2

Still has Parsons as the pressure quality leader, though.

https://trenchwarfare.substack.com/p/true-pressure-rate-tpr-week-18-update?utm_source=profile&utm_medium=reader2

also Oweh's snaps/pressure 👀

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jan 11, 2024

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Flikken posted:

Myles gets that too.

Garrett actually got a couple flags over the past few weeks. I will concede that he does get held every play as well. He's just actually drawn a few more flags than Parsons.

For those who haven't watched a lot of Browns or Dallas games, this poo poo was happening every loving play.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

D-LINK posted:

Crosby is great and so is Garrett. My point is that y'all have excuses every year why they're better than TJ with less production.

I wasn't making any grand proclamation, just saying that my guy has trash teammates while a lot of these other names have All-Pro/Pro Bowl help on their side of the ball unlike Maxx.

Flikken posted:

Myles gets that too.

Yup, same with Crosby. Dude basically gets his throat choked on half his plays.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Black Sunshine posted:

Minshew took it pretty well because he's a pretty cool guy as well. When Crosby fucks with Mahomes he gets all whiney and poo poo like the true baby he is.

sucks to be all bark and no bite, right?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

Mahomes styling on a bunch of trash Raider teams doesn't mean that he isn't a bitch made crybaby

You also couldn't beat a dumpster fire Raiders offense whose backup tier QB didn't complete a single pass beyond the first quarter on Christmas day LMAO

I wonder how that loss in front of Taylor Swift on Christmas Day will affect Kelce's hall of fame highlight reel!

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jan 11, 2024

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Congrats on that but I don’t care too much about regular season games anymore. The NFL season starts this weekend, hope Crosby has a Peacock subscription I know it’s tough to budget in with all that meth

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

Congrats on that but I don’t care too much about regular season games anymore. The NFL season starts this weekend, hope Crosby has a Peacock subscription I know it’s tough to budget in with all that meth

This makes Crosby sound cool as hell.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Did we ever get a definitive answer to what happened with Belichick leaving the jets?

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

D-LINK posted:

TFF boys are all about stats until stats counter dumb narratives

thats everyone

PFF and DVOA suck poo poo and caring about it is for losers. however if my team is dominating the fake stats then they are pretty mathematically sound, maybe even a scientific law.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

FizFashizzle posted:

Did we ever get a definitive answer to what happened with Belichick leaving the jets?

I think Bill just hates Woody Johnson

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

FizFashizzle posted:

IIRC, the main reason was ownership concerns. Parcells and him had been hired by Leon Hess, who died prior to the 1999 season. At the time he became head coach for that one day in 2000, the Jets were for sale and the prospective buyers were either Woody Johnson or James Dolan, and he wasn’t interested in working for either of them (And possibly concerned they would want their own guy eventually as well).

Nov 6, 2002

fartknocker posted:

IIRC, the main reason was ownership concerns. Parcells and him had been hired by Leon Hess, who died prior to the 1999 season. At the time he became head coach for that one day in 2000, the Jets were for sale and the prospective buyers were either Woody Johnson or James Dolan, and he wasn’t interested in working for either of them (And possibly concerned they would want their own guy eventually as well).

The whole thing was an arranged marriage as well, with Parcells setting himself up to be Bill's boss, and Belichick didn't want any part of it.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I think Bill just hates Woody Johnson

Motherfucker is named Dick Dick how could anyone possibly respect him?

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Sour Diesel posted:

thats everyone

PFF and DVOA suck poo poo and caring about it is for losers.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

D-LINK posted:

TFF boys are all about stats until stats counter dumb narratives

Jokes on you I vote entirely on V I B E S.
https://i.imgur.com/D23afOy.mp4

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

AndrewP posted:

Here's a 'made up stat' that loves TJ Watt - True Sack Rate from Brandon Thorn. Every sack gets a "quality" rating - High Quality is straight up beating a good blocker for the sack. Low Quality is something like a coverage sack or an unblocked sack.

https://trenchwarfare.substack.com/p/the-2023-true-sack-rate-tsr-week-544?utm_source=profile&utm_medium=reader2

Still has Parsons as the pressure quality leader, though.

https://trenchwarfare.substack.com/p/true-pressure-rate-tpr-week-18-update?utm_source=profile&utm_medium=reader2

also Oweh's snaps/pressure 👀

I like the charts that show how good Bosa was in a bad year for him.

What does PFF say about these guys? Cuz, as we all know, they are the end all-be all of stats.

Also, I just found out that Collinsworth is the owner of PFF so gently caress that place.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Pron on VHS posted:

So you are saying Mahomes has been padding his stats for years and that he's actually a fraud?

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Waltzing Along posted:

Also, I just found out that Collinsworth is the owner of PFF so gently caress that place.

oh i was wondering why they show PFF grades during games now, makes a lot more sense

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Harry Privates posted:

This makes Crosby sound cool as hell.

Saying he spends all but 6$ of his salary on meth makes him sound cool, but him being subscribed to Peacock (if true) undoes all of that.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Waltzing Along posted:

So you are saying Mahomes has been padding his stats for years and that he's actually a fraud?

Yes. Relegate the Raiders and bring the Seahawks back

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Pron on VHS posted:

Yeah, they never belonged in the NFC West. They are and have always been an AFC team.

Give us the Saints back.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Android Apocalypse posted:

Jokes on you I vote entirely on V I B E S.

this is the one correct stat

Nov 6, 2002

Mahomes has lost that dawg in him. Bad vibes.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

Yes, get rid of the team with the richest history of anyone in the division, makes sense

Just kill off 2 teams entirely, drop the bullshit "South" divisions and bring back the old alignment with Central divisions like God intended

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Android Apocalypse posted:

News:
https://x.com/richarddeitsch/status/1745130739748765878?s=20

Views:
We'll see Rodgers back on the show in October as it will technically be next season.

Funny enough I was at the gym this morning and kinda saw this (TV was on mute).

https://twitter.com/RomanWHelmet/status/1745511899595190759?s=20

Nov 6, 2002

Heeeeeeee's baaaaaaaack!

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1745511911158882691

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

It's a kind of funny troll from McAfee and also gently caress Aaron Rodgers

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

I didn't really hate McAfee until a few weeks ago, but at this stage I would pay to watch someone punching him in the face for four hours straight

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Why does AJ Hawk:

look that way
not be in studio
have a bunch of books with bad paper covers on them behind him

Does he even do anything?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Got I hope all of these people go away soon and I never have to hear about them again