Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

M_Sinistrari posted:

Is there enough material in the concept to do more than one more film?

Post credits scene. A voice says, "choose life", Ewan McGregor steps out from the shadows.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jan 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1745476772806713669

Day one. Melissa deserves this

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Oh weird, this is still listed as 'Dracula's Daughter' on letterboxd. I guess they changed the name to hide the Act 2 twist that that trailer obviously gives away?

Also, am I the only one genuinely stoked to see Kevin Durand back in a movie? I always enjoy him.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The new title is official as of today, as far as I can tell.

Looks stupid and fun and bloody!

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

CelticPredator posted:

Reckless Ben hosed this dude up and it’s so satisfying.

Starts here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9mjwoLYGr0

I haven't seen the hulu thing, but going through these vids and wow, this is the dumbest scam imaginable. there aren't even any rats?! :psyduck:

It's so much dumber than I thought, and almost more psychotic for it.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I've read that Night Swim is bad, is it fun bad or boring bad? I got some free movie tickets at work and was already planning to go see The Iron Claw, wasn't sure if there was any reason to make it a double feature.

Basically, are we talking a movie where something lurks within a pool and slowly kills people or are we talking a movie where somebody combs through microfiche to discovers the pool belonged to a serial killer or something?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Leatherhead posted:

Oh weird, this is still listed as 'Dracula's Daughter' on letterboxd. I guess they changed the name to hide the Act 2 twist that that trailer obviously gives away?

Also, am I the only one genuinely stoked to see Kevin Durand back in a movie? I always enjoy him.

The name change is to hide the Act 3 twist. Giancarlo comes back as Dracula. Until then she's just a child vampire.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

A Fancy Hat posted:

I've read that Night Swim is bad, is it fun bad or boring bad? I got some free movie tickets at work and was already planning to go see The Iron Claw, wasn't sure if there was any reason to make it a double feature.

Basically, are we talking a movie where something lurks within a pool and slowly kills people or are we talking a movie where somebody combs through microfiche to discovers the pool belonged to a serial killer or something?

Boring bad, it's just really dull and there's barely any kills, and none of the kills are even fun.

Regarding Abigail, there better be a King Diamond needledrop in there, there's no excuse not to, dammit.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jan 11, 2024

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
I'm curious to see Night Swim just for how convolutedly they get the characters to go into an evil pool.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I'm hereby volunteering to, direct Night Swim 2 which should be a Stone Tape/Prince of Darkness sort of deal with a group of scientists studying the evil pool but eventually getting in over their heads (literally and also metaphorically)

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

time to just let this play in a loop.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Shreknet, I think you were the one who recommended Night Feeder in here, thank you. enjoyed it.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Medullah posted:

I highly recommend sticking with it. Season 2 is insane, they broke the knob turning it up to 11

I can't wait until everyone in the thread who wanted to watch 30 Coins gets to, so I can start yelling in the clear about Elder Signs right out of Arkham Horror and ancient aliens and F. Vergara being on speaking terms with Lucifer and explicitly likening himself to Christ and the town cop getting loving pulped by a giant ventilation fan and and and

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Boring bad, it's just really dull and there's barely any kills, and none of the kills are even fun.

Okay, that puts it farther down on the 'need to see' list.

quote:

Regarding Abigail, there better be a King Diamond needledrop in there, there's no excuse not to, dammit.

That or someone is seriously way overdue on making a film adaptation of that album.

FreudianSlippers posted:

I'm hereby volunteering to, direct Night Swim 2 which should be a Stone Tape/Prince of Darkness sort of deal with a group of scientists studying the evil pool but eventually getting in over their heads (literally and also metaphorically)

That sounds better than we deserve.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

dorium posted:

Huh, neat! I'm a little curious if the VHS version also has the VHS effect overlay.

I also wonder if watching it through a video tape makes the light flickering any less harsh.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

lol good

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I said this in the Greenlighted thread but David Gordon Green can gently caress off for a while.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Thank gently caress, Exorcist: Believer is a movie so bad it genuinely made me angry at it. And DGG shouldn't be trusted to make horror movies after that and Halloween Ends.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
He's still got 2 more sequels for the exorcist

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

dorium posted:

The tagline to that movie is an insult to David Lynch

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Hollismason posted:

We're talking about how it's been announced he's been removed from directing thsoe sequels.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

We're talking about how it's been announced he's been removed from directing thsoe sequels.

Oh drat probably for the best

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Hollismason posted:

Did you click on the link?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

if it pushes him back to McBride comedy series full-time, we are all the better for it

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

alf_pogs posted:

if it pushes him back to McBride comedy series full-time, we are all the better for it

I agree. Halloween 2018 was good, but it's been a pretty steady decline since then.

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Presumably Universal still will end up making and releasing the planned sequels anyway though, despite DGG's absence. Gotta try and claw back that $400 million investment somehow.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What's Richard Burton doing these days?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Class3KillStorm posted:

Presumably Universal still will end up making and releasing the planned sequels anyway though, despite DGG's absence. Gotta try and claw back that $400 million investment somehow.

Yeah they say they're looking for another director so they're not cutting bait entirely on Exorsequels

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Excited for them to bring someone in who upheaves the universe and subverts expectations and then they chicken out and go right back to DGG for the third

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I sincerely loved Exorcist Believer and Halloween Ends. Sad news day for me. I was holding out for DGG to keep this run going and make the first Jason movie I liked. Ah well.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That would be horrible unless he channels the stupid part of Halloween kills. No one wants Jason with a point.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

alf_pogs posted:

Yeah if this just gives him more time to work on Righteous Gemstones that's a win/win

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

For sure!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Watched the 2011 The Thing again and honestly the most offensive part of the entire movie is Who Can It Be Now playing when Mary Elizabeth Winstead gets introduced

alf_pogs posted:

i agree with this, but will always go to bat for the "Norweigan" actors in The Thing 2011, especially Kristofer Hivju. the dude's face was made for horror, it contains multitudes

He carries the movie now on rewatch.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Infinity Pool was very meh. Mia Goth owns and Kid Cronen is a solid filmmaker, but the plot/script was not interesting at all.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Infinity Pool was very meh. Mia Goth owns and Kid Cronen is a solid filmmaker, but the plot/script was not interesting at all.

Possessor was Sonofberg's best movie so far. Infinity Pool felt like a bizarro universe White Lotus to me, without the Tapia de Veer score or jokes

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

MacheteZombie posted:

:agreed:

I was really looking forward to it, too :smith:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Possessor was heavy and I had to wikipedia the ending because I was too stupid to get it

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Possessor is one of the best movies of the decade so far.

Infinity Pool kind of a turd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

possessor subverted my expectations hard. Sean Bean didnt die!!!!