Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
The Samoa Joe experiment has run its course. Time to put the belt on Jinder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Tony ‘s twitter rants have turned nearly two hundred thousand people away from AEW this week. Bravo sir

I'm staring at the rating from last week and this week and trying to puzzle this out and failing.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Duke Pukem posted:

I never saruman eat so many chicken wings

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

MJeff posted:

I'm staring at the rating from last week and this week and trying to puzzle this out and failing.

I guess QOP is extrapolating over the past year cause Dynamite did 900k last year

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Tony ‘s twitter rants have turned nearly two hundred thousand people away from AEW this week. Bravo sir

he attracted 400 hundred thousand at the same time. mad?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

rating mean whatever a poster wants it to mean at a time of posting. It's a lot like that theory where atoms will act one way when unobserved and another when observed

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

MJeff posted:

at least this time the rating isn't a condemnation of Swerve's future reign :ohdear:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Guess I'm not the only one who saw Samoa Talks come out and turned off.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Not good

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he attracted 400 hundred thousand at the same time. mad?

Tony ?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm sure Tony is very upset about the demo increasing by .03 compared to last week.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

apophenium posted:

I guess QOP is extrapolating over the past year cause Dynamite did 900k last year

He should've said this past year, then! I'LL KILL HIM! I'LL KILL HIS WHOLE FAMILY!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

rating mean whatever a poster wants it to mean at a time of posting. It's a lot like that theory where atoms will act one way when unobserved and another when observed

in the hell thread, it means what QoP said

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

all posts are correct in the AEW Hell thread

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Anyway I ran that fuckin' ratings thread for a year so I demand to be officially appointed Hell Thread's Rating Understander in addition to being it's Stupid MJF Bullshit Understander.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

if AEW is gonna survive they’ve got to start appealing to the moderates again

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Shard posted:

The atoms are not changing when you observe them, the act of observation has an impact on the atoms. You can't observe them without interacting with them and that changes their state.

This doesn't apply to the ratings though.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pylons posted:

I'm sure Tony is very upset about the demo increasing by .03 compared to last week.

He is, he’s a massive beeeeeaych lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

The atoms are not changing when you observe them, the act of observation has an impact on the atoms. You can't observe them without interacting with them and that changes their state.

This doesn't apply to the ratings though.

what are ratings if not atoms?

Hell I don't know. I'm going to defer to MJeff - Hell Thread's Rating Understander

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Joe's segment did the biggest demo number of the night

May he reign long and prosperous

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

MJeff posted:

Anyway I ran that fuckin' ratings thread for a year so I demand to be officially appointed Hell Thread's Rating Understander in addition to being it's Stupid MJF Bullshit Understander.

i'll allow it

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
the people who don't like aew said aew was bad last night, the worse they've ever been since last week

i didn't watch but i have no reason not to take them at their word

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MJeff posted:

:yeah:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

Joe's segment did the biggest demo number of the night

May he reign long and prosperous

lol people saw the segment with Joe, Page and Swerve and they slapped their hands together and said "What a great night of Dynamite!" and they hosed off.

There's some goofery with ad breaks here that makes the surrounding quarters look lower than they actually are but uh. Pretty obvious who the stars are in this company right now.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

MJeff posted:

lol people saw the segment with Joe, Page and Swerve and they slapped their hands together and said "What a great night of Dynamite!" and they hosed off.

There's some goofery with ad breaks here that makes the surrounding quarters look lower than they actually are but uh. Pretty obvious who the stars are in this company right now.

Ricky and Sammy must pay for their ratings crimes.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Babyface Sammy doesn't work, and Ricky just feels like he's one foot out the door right now, so it was kinda difficult to care about that match.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

if only tony listened to me when I pointed out the need for a fat clown wrestler we wouldnt be in this ratings quagmire

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MJeff posted:

It’s freaky because that’s literally what I did. You’re a witch.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Joe, Swerve, and Hangman are the loving stars of the show and I feel like I've been saying variations on that for the longest time

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Darby used to do real good quarters but hasn't recently and I'm wondering why he's lost a bit of the star aura he had

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Darby used to do real good quarters but hasn't recently and I'm wondering why he's lost a bit of the star aura he had

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhHF2I66hV0

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

man called stink 😔

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm still gonna be mad at Tony if he doesn't get Sting's first NWA/WCW music for a match before he retires. It's just production music way cheaper than the Final Countdow

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Darby's a draw when he's doing Darby stuff, which mostly means going after or defending the TNT Championship.

Sting is a draw too, the Revolution tickets make that clear enough, dunno why their match died so hard this week.

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

I'm sorry to report that Sting's aura is tainted by Flair's stink

Oh yeah, it's this.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

I'm sorry to report that Sting's aura is tainted by Flair's stink

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

MJeff posted:

Darby's a draw when he's doing Darby stuff, which mostly means going after or defending the TNT Championship.

Sting is a draw too, the Revolution tickets make that clear enough, dunno why their match died so hard this week.

Oh yeah, it's this.

what draws in wrestling is not what draws on tv

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
AEW needs ARGs like the big leagues and piped in samples of soccer stadiums. Tony could use Fulham's.

j/k no one cheers for Fulham

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I just got my match of the year ballot, somebody tell me what matches I liked this year.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

MJeff posted:

I just got my match of the year ballot, somebody tell me what matches I liked this year.

liked? not in the hell thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

fez_machine posted:

liked? not in the hell thread

are you trying again to get us shut down