Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

industry can’t decide whether I’m a technician, mechanic, or engineer so I can feel your pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

i think we might have started a war with yemen today

The material root of the current world order is international shipping by ocean. It’s foundational to the current mode of production

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

nomad2020 posted:

Short version is that the 737 is too short for modern big kid jet engines. The original 737 only carried ~100 people while the HBO MAX 9 carries over 200 with Ryan Air seating. Ironic that Ryan Air uses an actual door instead of plugs in those spots and aren't involved in this kerfuffle as far as I'm aware.

that’s so you can load the people in from the back and the front at the same time

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Bar Ran Dun posted:

The material root of the current world order is international shipping by ocean. It’s foundational to the current mode of production

Are you saying the houthis deserved to be bombed?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Bar Ran Dun posted:

I personally think that "the Houthis are grinding international shipping to a halt" is a big load of bullshit but I'm just a dumb cynic

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

pixar getting 20% axed this year too. lol. lmao.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Bar Ran Dun posted:

i thought it was oil

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Shear Modulus posted:

i thought it was oil

What do you think is on some of the ships?

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

triple sulk posted:

I swear they just read the news and go hmm I wonder if I could get away with 20% too

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

i thought it was oil

need ships to move the oil.

Mr Hootington posted:

no. but capital is going to protect itself. think about it this way: What is the material basis of international trade? For imperialism to be possible what systems materially exist to allow that to happen?

hoots do you have problems thinking through the motives of other classes?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I personally think that "the Houthis are grinding international shipping to a halt" is a big load of bullshit but I'm just a dumb cynic

This is the reaction to merely making it more inconvenient for Europe and Asia. This doesn’t even seriously affect US based supply chains except in so far as they intersect with affected European ones.

ElehemEare
May 20, 2001
I am an omnipotent penguin.

Bar Ran Dun posted:

need ships to move the oil.

need oil to move the ships.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

new alienation remedy just dropped

strange whenever i touch my plant the app starts wailing

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

ElehemEare posted:

need oil to move the ships.

the ships can be made burn anything. coal, oil, gas hell the old bunker c was basically asphalt. one could straight up walk on some of it cold.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

BULBASAUR posted:

strange whenever i touch my plant the app starts wailing

that’s the Filipino guy tasked with making your pot dance. he has to keep working through it, whatever it is.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Real hurthling! posted:

i think we might have started a war with yemen today
Yemen War

Brisco needs faces

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Bar Ran Dun posted:

no. but capital is going to protect itself. think about it this way: What is the material basis of international trade? For imperialism to be possible what systems materially exist to allow that to happen?

hoots do you have problems thinking through the motives of other classes?

I already think like that, but you being the boatard who thinks cspam is a nazi-hive make me suspicious as hell.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

good time to buy a used electric car that has been beat to poo poo driven abusively and had the battery life damaged by 60% :waycool:

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

i am harry posted:

that’s so you can load the people in from the back and the front at the same time

Yea, I just find it a bit ironic since Ryan Air is apparently the only airline that currently has a use for these problem holes in the fuselage, and that the solution seems to be to "put a door there".

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

The human surrender scene in animatrix except the machines are like "give up your wfh. we demand it"

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

I already think like that, but you being the boatard who thinks cspam is a nazi-hive make me suspicious as hell.

I think trump is a fascist and supporting him is supporting fascism. Every one knows I think this and I’ve been rather consistent about it since the primaries for 2016.

We aren’t going to agree on that. and I’m autistic so good with luck socially pressuring me to think anything.

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Mr Hootington posted:

i knew who posted this before i scrolled up to reveal the name. god, what worthless white noise we are all stuck dealing with here every day

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

maxwellhill posted:

i knew who posted this before i scrolled up to reveal the name. god, what worthless white noise we are all stuck dealing with here every day

if you put him on ignore it cleans up tons of c-spam threads nicely

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Bar Ran Dun posted:

I think trump is a fascist and supporting him is supporting fascism. Every one knows I think this and I’ve been rather consistent about it since the primaries for 2016.

We aren’t going to agree on that. and I’m autistic so good with luck socially pressuring me to think anything.

Not supporting Biden and the democrats does not mean people support trump and the Republicans.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

maxwellhill posted:

Mad Wack posted:

if you put him on ignore it cleans up tons of c-spam threads nicely

2 more supporters of the USA's bombing of Yemen.

Apr 7, 2003

Bar Ran Dun posted:

so are the rest of us

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

triple sulk posted:

they shoulda been making good movies instead of bad ones. i think the latest string have underperformed significantly (by disney standards)

Apr 7, 2003

not me though, I'm extremely neurotypical

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

HI EXTREMELY NEUROTYPICAL I AM LONESOME

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

whatever helps you sleep

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

hehehe

Apr 7, 2003

limp dick calvin posted:

whatever helps you sleep

Back when I was going to join the Air Force at 17 I got sent to a psych for admitting I smoked weed and he disqualified me for service because he said I was manic depressive

Anyway that was in 1998 so I'd like to thank that psych if I ever see him again

ElehemEare
May 20, 2001

:goonsay:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

China is experiencing deflation. They will collapse soon.

Or at least that is what traditional liberal economists say happens.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
i would like some deflation in america, president xi save us. our oreos yearn for affordable pricing

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

ram dass in hell posted:

good time to buy a used electric car that has been beat to poo poo driven abusively and had the battery life damaged by 60% :waycool:

My car is a formal rental and I won't hear such blasphemy.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

i am harry posted:

The door that came off the Alaska flight is not one you would use if you want to load from both sides, that's a door at the back. Ryanair has a door where others have a plug at approx row 26, because they use the super sardine config, and need an additional emergency exit.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

ram dass in hell posted:

eh, they have less things to worry about like a blown headgaskets or hosed up transmission. i think you could probably see/run a battery diagnostic before buying it, and obviously look at the body.

but it also makes a little less sense cuz there's the $10,000 computer toucher ev rebate for new ones so if it's not a big price difference, you might as well use the upper-class credit on a purchase of a new one

ElehemEare
May 20, 2001

Xaris posted:

eh, they have less things to worry about like a blown headgaskets or hosed up transmission. i think you could probably see/run a battery diagnostic before buying it, and obviously look at the body.

but it also makes a little less sense cuz there's the $10,000 computer toucher ev rebate for new ones so if it's not a big price difference, you might as well use the upper-class credit on a purchase of a new one

taking my prospective new-to-me-car to a mall kiosk so they can check the battery water damage sticker

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Xaris posted:

https://www.governmentjobs.com/

worth a shot. i have my lucrative high honcho public job through it

wow, 3,000 different cop jobs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Xaris posted:

To be fair, replacing the battery on a Tesla is going to be a lot more expensive than swapping in a whole new engine and transmission on... almost anything.

But anyway, not really surprising. The EV rental experience is abysmal and I bet it's turning off a huge number of people from EVs in general. Hertz is also borderline predatory with how they try to upsell those cars.