Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Lol "guys it was way worse tell them"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Only as those four though. Captain Cold is just kind of dogshit, our bad.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Only as those four though. Captain Cold is just kind of dogshit, our bad.

I think he wasn't playable in the closed Beta?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
please everyone tell your friends how they should avoid this game at all costs

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Warner Bros are going to cancel video games now. All of them. Sorry Mario.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TwoPair posted:

Just looked at that failed Avengers game and went

"Yes, that's it, we should do that but with the Suicide Squad!"
"But better?"
"Nah."

It's also funny that at least Avengers had you playing as characters that you want to play as. Captain America! Iron Man! Thor! Hulk! Black Widow! And they had fan favorites who may not be as popular, but who hadn't been in games before to that list with Kamala, Kate, Black Panther, etc.

But Suicide Squad it's like... Harley Quinn! That funny shark from the movie and TV show! Deadshot from the movie everyone makes fun of! Captain Boomerang... with a gun! And then they have you kill the people who you would rather be playing as who haven't had good games before like Flash, GL, Wonder Woman, and Superman. Everyone is loving dying for a good Superman game because he has never had one. But nah, let's just do a GaaS with boring characters who all just use guns.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah it is a fundamental failing of the premise that they just gave everyone guns. Like would it have been that bad to have both melee and ranged characters with the ranged characters having their own gimmicks?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Hell it's almost like Captain Boomerang has a weapon that is ranged already. Almost like it's in his loving name

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It would be like if they gave Hulk and Hawkeye guns in Avengers.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

Hell it's almost like Captain Boomerang has a weapon that is ranged already. Almost like it's in his loving name
Maybe he gets little boomerang bullets that come back at him and he dies and then someone else on the team picks up the gun and uses it and they die and someone else on the team picks up the gun and uses it and

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Actually thought on this. Deadshot obviously should be the long range member of the team. Shark the melee only tank. Boomer should be short range but able to hit multiple enemies with his rangs. Basically the shotgun of the team. Harley is the all rounder. Mid range pistols but with the hammer for being a fast in and out hitter.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

A Suicide Squad game should have been a Lego Star Wars-like co-op action adventure game released for the PS3

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bunnyofdoom posted:

Actually thought on this. Deadshot obviously should be the long range member of the team. Shark the melee only tank. Boomer should be short range but able to hit multiple enemies with his rangs. Basically the shotgun of the team. Harley is the all rounder. Mid range pistols but with the hammer for being a fast in and out hitter.

While I do agree with you I feel I must call you out for shortening "boomerangs" to just "rangs." What an awful thing to do.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Suicide Squad should have been like XCom with permadeath.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Codependent Poster posted:

Great idea.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Love it as long as the roster is super deep

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Captain Gun?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/EXPayline/status/1745550916369985831?t=liVVFvxGII8f1X9dgcfnwg&s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

It would be like if they gave Hulk and Hawkeye guns in Avengers.

It's not completely without precedent.

I think Ultimate Hawkeye also used a gun, but that character was basically Bullseye if he wasn't a psychopathic serial killer.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Air Skwirl posted:

It's not completely without precedent.

I think Ultimate Hawkeye also used a gun, but that character was basically Bullseye if he wasn't a psychopathic serial killer.

I vaguely recall that Ult Hawkeye pretty much became a psychopathic killer anyway.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
oh jeeze they quip like crazy apparently. If its bad like Sonic Heroes? Pass. I hate when the game doesnt shut up during gameplay. Its just exhausting for your ears.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Shindragon posted:

oh jeeze they quip like crazy apparently. If its bad like Sonic Heroes? Pass. I hate when the game doesnt shut up during gameplay. Its just exhausting for your ears.

Although if the dialogue's good that's bad in the other way like in Guardians of the Galaxy where I wanted to hear everything but then you walk into a cutscene.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Sonic Heroes but Knuckles goes "hey, Sonic, these new shoe laces do +12% cool down reduction on homing attacks against aquatic based badnicks under direct sunlight, better use it or lose it!"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am so so sad Suicide Squad is Kevin Conroy's last role. What a horrible way to go out.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Oh, nice! I can talk about the game now.

Playing as Deadshot felt like playing a poor man's Anthem. All the other characters were less fun than that.

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jan 12, 2024

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Can't wait to pick up Poison Ivy's iconic weapon, a frost axe.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

WB Games: oh no The Journalists are saying Suicide Squad is bad, we're going to release the NDA on the closed alpha so The Real Gamers can tell the truth
The Real Gamers: Suicide Squad is bad

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah it is a fundamental failing of the premise that they just gave everyone guns. Like would it have been that bad to have both melee and ranged characters with the ranged characters having their own gimmicks?

I mean, the Avengers game was able to that! They did worse than the Avengers!!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

JordanKai posted:

Playing as Deadshot felt like playing a poor man's *Anthem*. All the other characters were less fun than that.

Come on hahahahahahah that's the most depressing thing ever

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
From the footage they themselves are putting out to promote the game, it looks like a Sunset Overdrive imitator with less enemies on screen generally and more irritating dialogue.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

JordanKai posted:

Playing as Deadshot felt like playing a poor man's *Anthem*. All the other characters were less fun than that.

How much of the story leaks, from what you have played, is true?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Mr Hootington posted:

How much of the story leaks, from what you have played, is true?

I haven't kept up with the leaks and I checked out of the alpha pretty quickly, so I can't tell you too much. Here are the important story beats I remember:

*John Stewart captures the Suicide Squad and tells them to let the real heroes handle Brainiac before very swiftly getting murked.
*Batman hunts down and incapacitates the members of the Squad one by one in a section that should be cool but feels weird; you're still moving and running around like a lightweight action game character in what should be a down-to-earth setpiece. He also uses an EMP to disable everyone's mobility options, which works on King Shark even though his mobility options come from his actual superpowers. :v:
*The Suicide Squad captures Barry Allen. Captain Boomerang accidentally chops one of his fingers off, which the squad uses to get past a fingerprint scanner in the Justice League headquarters.

thebardyspoon posted:

From the footage they themselves are putting out to promote the game, it looks like a Sunset Overdrive imitator with less enemies on screen generally and more irritating dialogue.

One thing about the game that reminded me of Sunset Overdrive is that it asks you to be very active and mobile if you want to get good use out of your mobility options. Harley Quinn only gets two swings on her hookshot before it needs to recharge, but you can refill your charges faster by performing certain actions on the ground. I can imagine some people enjoying the constant activity the game asks of you, but I found it to be a little annoying and constraining myself.

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jan 12, 2024

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really don't get why they thought the followup to Arkham people wanted was "All the superheroes get violently murdered."

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Again, this really feels like they were forced to do it by corporate instead of the superman game they wanted to make, so they said gently caress it, burn it to the ground

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Someone up top probably demanded a Fortnite only knowing it’s characters with guns and loot.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Open Marriage Night posted:

Someone up top probably demanded a Fortnite only knowing it’s characters with guns and loot.

I don't think you know what a Fortnite is either

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

JordanKai posted:

I haven't kept up with the leaks and I checked out of the alpha pretty quickly, so I can't tell you too much. Here are the important story beats I remember:

*John Stewart captures the Suicide Squad and tells them to let the real heroes handle Brainiac before very swiftly getting murked.
*Batman hunts down and incapacitates the members of the Squad one by one in a section that should be cool but feels weird; you're still moving and running around like a lightweight action game character in what should be a down-to-earth setpiece. He also uses an EMP to disable everyone's mobility options, which works on King Shark even though his mobility options come from his actual superpowers. :v:
*The Suicide Squad captures Barry Allen. Captain Boomerang accidentally chops one of his fingers off, which the squad uses to get past a fingerprint scanner in the Justice League headquarters.

That seems to go against some of the leaks.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm heavily considering seeing if I can hack/cheat in infinite gloss in Midnight Suns because man it feels way too bullshit to unlock a cosmetic and still have to buy it

E: and the entirety of the top of the nexus page is either skimpy outfits or naked

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm heavily considering seeing if I can hack/cheat in infinite gloss in Midnight Suns because man it feels way too bullshit to unlock a cosmetic and still have to buy it

E: and the entirety of the top of the nexus page is either skimpy outfits or naked

Here you go: https://www.nexusmods.com/marvelsmidnightsuns/mods/163

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

Sonic Heroes but Knuckles goes "hey, Sonic, these new shoe laces do +12% cool down reduction on homing attacks against aquatic based badnicks under direct sunlight, better use it or lose it!"

Can't wait to pick up Poison Ivy's iconic weapon, a frost axe.

https://twitter.com/horngal/status/1745571160165904723