Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

I am the fox, and I'll tell you true
Getting plastered on a horse is bad to do
When you fall, and get a brain injury
The hound will slip his rope and we will brothers be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Do Primark do a hunt outfit?

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

To this day I still can't see footage of tracer bullets without laughing, because of the phrase "electric cornflakes"

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

smellmycheese posted:

Ah marvelous. Some more war to kick off the year

Iran's just seized an oil tanker, they're going to have to talk about that instead lol.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Only the Hasidic ones, the Hbase ones can’t.

:vince:

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

happyhippy posted:

It's the soiled mattress that gets me.
Ok, you could be doing totally legit holy things down there.
But a soiled mattress.

Digging tunnels is hard on the knees, especially if you're insisting on doing it in a suit.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Excited to see our unelected prime minister dragging us into another war in the middle east, sure this one will work out great for us.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i do prefer to elect my warmongers

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

NotJustANumber99 posted:

i do prefer to elect my warmongers

my preference would be to not elect them and not have the war. i want both.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfXAS6Hgn50

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://x.com/MayorofLondon/status/1745492581784465864?s=20

2 grand out of the pockets of every man woman they/them and child in the UK, what an absolute schlonging...

But if you give em some lovely war they might just vote for ya

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

good. london needs taking down a peg or two

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

NotJustANumber99 posted:

good. london needs taking down a peg or two

might have been an idea to try that without taking everyone else down two or three pegs though.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pistol_Pete posted:

Iran's just seized an oil tanker, they're going to have to talk about that instead lol.

This was the tanker the US seized & stole all the oil from, right? But that's not piracy because global hegemon 8 guess

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I want to be the very best
Like no one ever was
Evade laws is my real test
Uniform Commercial Clause
I will travel across the sea
Searching far and wide
Each shipping crate to understand
The goods that are inside
Hegemon!
Gotta catch 'em all

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/warfareanalysis/status/1745596808246776292

Have the Houthis killed anyone with their shipping blockade? Because we undoubtedly are right now. We're bombing at least 4 cities including the capital

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jan 12, 2024

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Did boris ever get to bomb anyone? Must be right pissed off he got stuck with covid and rishi's waltzed in and got to do a war

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Britain is a terrorist state

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Did boris ever get to bomb anyone? Must be right pissed off he got stuck with covid and rishi's waltzed in and got to do a war

Do you think Rishi is going to be wearing military combats or a flying suit?

I hope he does

Failed Imagineer posted:

Britain is a terrorist state

It always has been :(

https://twitter.com/ShaykhSulaiman/status/1745595186980266321

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jan 12, 2024

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

fuctifino posted:

Have the Houthis killed anyone with their shipping blockade? Because we undoubtedly are right now. We're bombing at least 4 cities including the capital

Can't wait for the last vestiges of Empire to finally collapse so the world can just forget about these cursed isles entirely. Wow the UK sucks.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

It'll probably have to be a beavers uniform or something.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Maybe a darling little sailor suit.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Amazon sells costumes for kids, so he's sorted

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 12, 2024

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
they will be able to fix him up from the cadet stores.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

fuctifino posted:

Don't worry, the last time the entire "international rules based order" was bombing Ansarallah/Houthis to give them "freedom" and "democracy", they figured out how to build missiles with help from Iran and then when those missiles started landing on oil fields in Saudi Arabia, all of a sudden everyone lost their appetite for genocide.

Since then they have been building up a lot of uh, infrastructure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXGQ-nmDSgs

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jan 12, 2024

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Not saying that the deaths in those cities aren't to worry about, but, that they have been there before, and they are willing to go there again.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Reeves coming out and saying "BDS deal bad" then abstaining alongside Keif and co. where it actually would've been blocked is loving hilariously sad.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Fab example of nominative determinism:

https://democracyforsale.substack.com/p/tory-donor-fujitsu-post-office-horizon-contracts

quote:

Transparency campaigners and politicians are calling for urgent answers about a prominent Tory donor and former Fujitsu UK chair’s involvement in the awarding of £500m worth of broadband contracts, following an investigation by this newsletter.

Simon Blagden was non-executive chair of Fujitsu Telecommunications between 2005 and 2019, and also served on the leadership team of Fujitsu UK, the IT firm embroiled in the Post Office Horizon scandal.

Blagdon now has an £80,000-a-year job chairing a government agency - Building Digital UK - which has given a series of high-value contracts to a broadband firm that Blagden was previously paid to lobby for.

Blagden has donated more than £400,000 to the Conservatives over the past two decades, including £189,449 since December 2019, when a High Court judge ruled that Fujitsu’s faulty Horizon software had led to thousands of sub-postmasters being wrongly accused of fraud.

(Blagdon is a typo in the item I quoted btw)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

drat, saw hellmarch in that font and was expecting this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqPl4QrczTk

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

drat, saw hellmarch in that font and was expecting this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqPl4QrczTk

It is, sort of.

C&C Red Alert 1 had Hell March (the one you posted, Bobby).

Red Alert 2 had Hell March 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k59sSd9bsxk

And Red Alert 3 had Hell March 3, which is the music used in the vid Brendan Rodgers posted above.

All are by Frank Klepacki.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

big scary monsters posted:

Can't wait for the last vestiges of Empire to finally collapse so the world can just forget about these cursed isles entirely. Wow the UK sucks.

It's always nice to see that the UK government is willing to commit acts of war to protect UK citizens the financial interests of their backers

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Quick none war related question, but does anyone know if Admiral is a decent car insurer? I only ask because the one I'm with at the moment has put prices up £150 for no reason and was looking around to see what is best.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

This thread moves pretty fast, so I don’t know if this has already been posted: has everyone made sure they’ve signed the petition to pardon witches?

I know it’s a pipe dream, but I’d quite like to see Sunak and Cleverly defending burning women at the stake.

Mesopotamia
Apr 12, 2010

Diet Crack posted:

Reeves coming out and saying "BDS deal bad" then abstaining alongside Keif and co. where it actually would've been blocked is loving hilariously sad.

They were 50 votes short, wouldn’t have been blocked (should have been though).

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
We don't want this country to become a safe haven for hags across the globe. Opening the door for these criminals would be undoubtedly catastrophic. Our zero tolerance approach has allowed us to enjoy unsoured milk, has reduced the amount of facial warts, and has protected firstborn sons across the nation from abduction and damaging decades-long fraud. Some on the left may think our methods were uncalled for, but if you saw the havoc these terrorists wrought on our communities, you'd agree with me that we cannot afford to loosen our grip on this threat to our great nation. That is why I am backing the bonfire bill.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Josef bugman posted:

Quick none war related question, but does anyone know if Admiral is a decent car insurer? I only ask because the one I'm with at the moment has put prices up £150 for no reason and was looking around to see what is best.

They're fine as far as I know, didn't make a fuss about paying out when I wrote off my car years ago. Really I don't think there's going to be much to choose between them other than cost/terms.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Josef bugman posted:

Go to some compare sites and see what you get. Even if you don't switch just phoning up admiral and saying "X is cheaper than you" will get them to knock off a bit

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

fuctifino posted:

They’ve certainly tried to kill people on the ships because I don’t know what else you would call shooting them up and firing missiles at them. I’m not thrilled about this conflict getting worse but you really don’t need to hand it to the Houthis and maybe spare a thought for the people on the ships who are facing the sudden prospect of getting murdered at work.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Have you considered that west bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Quintessential Grauniad