Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Karach posted:

watching the snowstorm with a cuppa

:coffeepal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

second cup of the day

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I JUST DISCOVERED THAT THE LABOUR PRACTICES INVOLVED IN COFFEE ARE QUESTIONABLE. THE PEOPLE INVOLVED ARE REAL HUMAN BEINGS WITH HOPES, DREAMS, AND FAMILIES. THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE TO LIVE IN DESTITUTE POVERTY WITH NO HOPE OF A BETTER LIFE JUST BECAUSE OF THE PROFIT MOTIVES OF GREEDY CORPORATIONS.

UNLESS COFFEE SHOPS STOP USING TIPS AS A WAY TO MAKE UP FOR THEIR SHODDY WAGES FOR BARISTAS, THIS THREAD WILL BE CLOSED

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I JUST DISCOVERED THAT THE LABOUR PRACTICES INVOLVED IN COFFEE ARE QUESTIONABLE. THE PEOPLE INVOLVED ARE REAL HUMAN BEINGS WITH HOPES, DREAMS, AND FAMILIES. THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE TO LIVE IN DESTITUTE POVERTY WITH NO HOPE OF A BETTER LIFE JUST BECAUSE OF THE PROFIT MOTIVES OF GREEDY CORPORATIONS.

UNLESS COFFEE SHOPS STOP USING TIPS AS A WAY TO MAKE UP FOR THEIR SHODDY WAGES FOR BARISTAS, THIS THREAD WILL BE CLOSED

backseat modding. user loses posting privileges for 100,000 hours.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

lmao :coffeepal:

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Had coffee, still not awake, might have another to contemplate this post

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
my life is just a series of caffeinated beverages (said with horror and not like written on a mug with hearts)

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

lobster shirt posted:

backseat modding. user loses posting privileges for 100,000 hours.

Mm-hmm *takes a sip*

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

I'm going to get a goose neck kettle to take my pour over game to the next level (possibly final level unless I want to spend thousands on insane high end grinders)

and then get really fixated on my pour technique

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Nix Panicus posted:

Does anyone ever just eat coffee beans straight?

A white chocolate covered coffee bean or two is nice at Christmastime.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

my life is just a series of caffeinated beverages (said with horror and not like written on a mug with hearts)

this but stated with love/written on a mug with hearts instead

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

really looking forward to drinking a coffee tomorrow

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

can smell it already

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lobster shirt posted:

just two and a half hours to go

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
hey can one of the turkish posters tell me where in this fuckin country i can get a mocha pot,
sometimes I like a lil cuban coffee

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Zedhe Khoja posted:

hey can one of the turkish posters tell me where in this fuckin country i can get a mocha pot,
sometimes I like a lil cuban coffee

Just order a moka pot online? They're pretty common. They make bad coffee quickly, and mediocre coffee slowly

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Karach posted:

Just order a moka pot online? They're pretty common. They make bad coffee quickly, and mediocre coffee slowly

Get a load of this guy

Time for coffee

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

up at 5:30 am, going for a second aeropress cup now.

I cleaned the burr grinder for the first time in forever, coffee maybe tasting better? IDK. Was some accumulated bits of beans that got cleared out in any event.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

son kept me up a lot last night, really need soem coffee today

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I find cleaning the burr mainly reduces the effort it takes to get a nice fine grind afterwards

How often do people wash their grinders? I disassemble mine and scrub it about once a month, which is about 30-40 cups.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Nix Panicus posted:

I find cleaning the burr mainly reduces the effort it takes to get a nice fine grind afterwards

How often do people wash their grinders? I disassemble mine and scrub it about once a month, which is about 30-40 cups.

my instructions say not to get the burr wet so I just wash the plastic bits occasionally. Like, very occasionally since I don't keep beans in it but use only the amount needed each day

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Nix Panicus posted:

Get a load of this guy

Time for coffee

moka pots are very fussy to work with compared to something like an aeropress, and even when you get it right it's only ok coffee. I'm willing to die on this hill.

Nix Panicus posted:

I take apart the Niche every few months. It's always pretty clean inside - just needs a light brushing to get everything out.

it's zero retention that just works.

mags
May 30, 2008

coffeeing rn

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
We brush out our cheap rear end burr grinder once a week to do decaf in it.

Kirkland organic coffee line is excellent at the price point ($10l/b)

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Bilirubin posted:

my instructions say not to get the burr wet so I just wash the plastic bits occasionally. Like, very occasionally since I don't keep beans in it but use only the amount needed each day

my new hack is to use canned air

(NB DO THIS poo poo OUTSIDE IT MAKES A HUGE MESS)

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

I especially like the Kirkland beans from Ethiopia. You can really taste the oppression.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Kirkland employees should form a union then!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

eSports Chaebol posted:

my new hack is to use canned air

(NB DO THIS poo poo OUTSIDE IT MAKES A HUGE MESS)

lmfao this is a good tip I definitely would have not considered without prompt.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I thought the point of cleaning your burr was to remove built up coffee oils? Not sure how canned air accomplishes this task

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

lovely diner coffee + insanely based coconut cream pie = a ftmfw day

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
The instructions for my grinder just say brush away the grounds and/or vacuum them out. I guess you can remove the burr set and fully sanitize it, but I wouldn't bother unless the machine was going to be stored for a while

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

DaysBefore posted:

hell yeAZH

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Nix Panicus posted:

I thought the point of cleaning your burr was to remove built up coffee oils? Not sure how canned air accomplishes this task

if it is i dont really see how a brush does it either though

mags
May 30, 2008

DaysBefore posted:

:coffeepal:

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

1:30 pm. you bet your rear end it's time for another cup.

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

slamming some bean

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

going to have some more coffee tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

thinking bout night time coffee. a lil pick me up